Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
I feel like ive.. hit a wall? Im not losing weight anymore i feel like? So i need a little help/ideas

What i have access to;
Gym
A little space in my bedroom, not too much though emotion_0A0

I was: 200
I am now: 177 ( as of 4-16-14 )

What I normally eat;
Breakfast;
Oatmeal ( variety of Quaker )

Lunch;
Sometime i dont have time to eat any, but when i do;
Turkey sandwhich: Pita pocket, with turkey, reduced fat cheese and lettuce, no mayo or added "sauces" im allergic to mayo c:

Dinner;
Oatmeal again or sometimes yogurt.

Yes, i understand i dont eat enough, and thats a problem of mine: I dont know what to eat sad so thats another problem area.
What i do at the gym:
Elliptical ( 20 minutes, at 15 resistance )
100 crunches on the crunch machine
50 each of leg machines ( inner and outter thigh)
-- Ball workouts--
50 crunches with a 8 pound ball
50 push ups
-----
I really need more workouts like, badly sad
I honestly need more workouts to do, i dont feel challenged anymore and i believe thats why im not getting results anymore. Help!!
How is your diet? You can't lose weight alone by the gym. But exercises that help me lose weight are at least 30 minutes of cardio (this is when your body enters fat burning mode) & lifting weights 3 times a week. c:

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Dylllie
How is your diet? You can't lose weight alone by the gym. But exercises that help me lose weight are at least 30 minutes of cardio (this is when your body enters fat burning mode) & lifting weights 3 times a week. c:

c: i updated the post with what i normally eat, which is beyond below the 1200 i should be eating, i sometimes barely hit 800 calories in food a day, and i burn like.. 200 on average on the elliptical.
Well, since you aren't eating enough, your body might be in what's called 'starvation mode'. At first you lose weight, but then your body starts to panic and doesn't know when it will get proper nutrition, so it clings to fat. The initial weight loss might have come from muscles, bone marrow, that such. Starvation mode also messes up your metabolism, causing it to be harder to lose weight. You might want to try snacking on seeds or nuts for those extra calories. You will lose weight still eating at 1200.

As far as working out, your body doesn't get into fat burning mode until after 20 minutes at least of cardio. Lifting weights 3 x's a week will help you gain muscle & the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism will be, thus causing you to burn more calories at rest and during every day activities, such as walking up stairs or walking to your class (obviously Idk if you're a student, this is just an example lol).

I hope this helped. c:

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Dylllie
Well, since you aren't eating enough, your body might be in what's called 'starvation mode'. At first you lose weight, but then your body starts to panic and doesn't know when it will get proper nutrition, so it clings to fat. The initial weight loss might have come from muscles, bone marrow, that such. Starvation mode also messes up your metabolism, causing it to be harder to lose weight. You might want to try snacking on seeds or nuts for those extra calories. You will lose weight still eating at 1200.

As far as working out, your body doesn't get into fat burning mode until after 20 minutes at least of cardio. Lifting weights 3 x's a week will help you gain muscle & the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism will be, thus causing you to burn more calories at rest and during every day activities, such as walking up stairs or walking to your class (obviously Idk if you're a student, this is just an example lol).

I hope this helped. c:

It did help! I'm just like ugh, why am i just.. staying in one spot sad i just have such a weird diet; i cant have meats or barely any breads so it makes it really hard to get proper foods in my body.
Hmmm, can you have tofu/do you like tofu?

Seeds and nuts (not peanuts- these are actually legumes) are full of protein. Almond butter is amazing, if you wanted a substitute for peanut butter. You could also try certain cheeses / greek yogurt / milk.

Bread- hm, well. You aren't really missing much. I think bread isn't really an essential in diets. But oatmeal is good for you. & I've heard only excellent things about quinoa, if you wanted to try that.

Truth be told though, we get plenty of healthy carbs from fruits and veggies. c:

If you ever have any other questions, feel free to KIK me c: @dylllie

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Dylllie
Hmmm, can you have tofu/do you like tofu?

Seeds and nuts (not peanuts- these are actually legumes) are full of protein. Almond butter is amazing, if you wanted a substitute for peanut butter. You could also try certain cheeses / greek yogurt / milk.

Bread- hm, well. You aren't really missing much. I think bread isn't really an essential in diets. But oatmeal is good for you. & I've heard only excellent things about quinoa, if you wanted to try that.

Truth be told though, we get plenty of healthy carbs from fruits and veggies. c:

If you ever have any other questions, feel free to KIK me c: @dylllie

Ive only had tofu once, and it was tofu chicken. I liked it i just dont know the best way to use it honestly, if i knew how to cook it in a good manner im pretty sure i would eat it a lot.

I loveee almond butter and i love greek yogurt, i just recently tried chobani's and i dont think ill ever go back to any other greek because it just tasted so good.

And ive never really tried quinoa so i may have to give it a shot! c:

Thank you so much! this really does help, im going to the gym tonight so i think ill ease my way up to 30 minutes so i dont murder myself. So i think ill up my cardio to 25 on the elliptical, and try to see if i can get a good 5 minute jog on the treadmill going.
I'm glad I can help; let me know how that works out! I've only had tofu once & I loved it, but alas, I also don't know how to prepare it haha.

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Dapper Codger

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
F u j i b e r r y
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginners_shopping_list.htm
oooh that will help a lot, thank you so much! biggrin

Time-traveling Senshi

Might I suggest adding in some squats (with and without weights), lunges (with and without weights), planks (regular and walking), supermans, and some squat thrusts (referred to by a lot as burpees). You have a great start workout wise but sometimes, along with the eating plan, you hit that wall and you need to challenge the body. Adding in some more cardio, especially in between the days you do your machines, will help burn off more calories. If your gym has a separate workout room for doing aerobics classes and weighted fitness balls without handles you can take a six pound ball into the room and against an unused wall you can do "free throws".

Basically what you do is go into a squat and when you come out of it you toss the ball up as high as you can into the wall. As you catch the ball coming down you go back into the squat and repeat the movement. This kind of exercise is good for cardio, good for the legs, good for the butt, and good for the arms. It's best if the wall you're doing this against is brick instead of drywall. Another thing you can do with those weighted balls, if you can get three of them at the same weight, is to line them up in the workout room on one side and then from the other side run, or skip, towards one of the balls squat down to pick up the ball and then run it back to where you started from. Again, this is good cardio and good for the legs and butt. You can also simply run towards one end of the room and then run backwards towards where you came from several times for good cardio.

The goal is to have a day or two during the week where you're not working on weight machines giving your muscles a day to recover where you're doing some massive cardio to get yourself sweating and the heart working.

Shameless Lunatic

39,015 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
I have recently found this wonderful free Ap for my phone / ipad. It is called My Fitness Pal. You program it with how much weight you want to loose per week and set it to your activity level. I have mine set to Inactive. When you log in what you eat It will automatically keep track of calories and tell you how you are doing.
Also Bread and fats are a killer. Cut way back on those and double the fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water and it will come off. Good luck. I know exactly what you are going through

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ill have to try all this stuff, all this advice will help a lot! Thanks everyone~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff