Welcome to Gaia! ::

Luminous Spirit

tab So, I need to lose weight, but I have trouble trying to get myself to exercise. I have no problem eating healthier.

tab What are some "fun" ways to get myself to exercise more?

Noob

1. create a schedule you can commit to. dont choose to exercise 4 days a week if you cant commit to that, do it for 3 days, or 2 days even, so long as you pick a weekly schedule that you can commit to. this way youre not stressing out or feeling like a failure for not being able to commit, which is more fun, right? heh
2. choose a workout that you enjoy doing, exercising should be a fun thing anyways, it shouldnt feel unbearably boring. if you enjoy dancing, do that, or martial arts, anything you like, do that! i like pilates, HIIT, and yoga.
3. enjoy feeling the burn, love it because this is a sign that youre doing something right, so be proud of yourself and smile
4. make an attainable goal to exercise for a month+, for example, 4 times a week for the next 4 weeks, and when youve completed it, reward yourself. ive rewarded myself before with cute workout clothes. just make sure the goal is just out of reach, you know, challenging but not super hard to attain.
5. exercising isnt a fashion show, but just putting on your active wear is motivating.
5. put music on while you exercise. this doesnt work out so well with yoga, but with anything else, it's a great way to get your body moving. also, just put some music on whenever, like if youre on the computer, put on some music. allow it to motivate you to want to workout, to want to get up and start running, moving, lifting weights, dancing, whatever you like.

Art Mousie's Senpai

Tiny Tipper

7,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Diet, is key.
Drink a lot of water.
For me i wanted to join the military so that was my motivation.
so for i lost 40+ pounds.
But another thing is i'm pretty competitive, so i like to look at girls on Instagram (fitness pages and BodyBuilder.<om) and go. Hell i will look better then her.
Idk,
depends on what you're trying to achieve while you work out. For me, I have several motivations: first off, Navy, second, therapeutic and endorphin kick. I prefer going on the treadmill or the elliptical, because I don't want to think about what I'm doing, I just want to put on my headphones and go into my own little world.
But that's my exercise preference, a lot of people get bored on exercise machines like treadmills or stationary bikes. Most people like to do zumba or kick boxing, because its different and fun.

Toxic Smoker

8,300 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Member 100
dramallama I heard that there is these cleaning pills like green tea pills you take with a type of vitamin and just walk like an hour a day and it helps biggrin
Find exercise that's fun for you. Like to dance? Zumba is a great, high paced workout that you'd probably enjoy. Prefer to be outdoors than at the gym? Find a local jogging, biking or hiking trail and go for a walk/run/ride/climb. Like to be indoors? Try out a gym or rec center, or if you have a Wii/Wii u/xbox 360/xbox1/PlayStation, find an exercise video game that you'll have fun with

I personally go to the gym a LOT and play Wii fit when I can't or don't want to go outside. Used to play a lot of DDR when I had a ps2, too. At the gym I prefer the treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike and crossramp ( all cardio machines ) to the weight lifting stuff. I can't sit still long enough without being bored to life weights. Music helps a LOT, and occasionally I'll put a show or movie on Netflix to keep me motivated ( hunger games movies work great... Run or die! ).

Eating healthy will obviously be a part of that, so keep up with whatever healthy diet you have and add in fun exercises to help lose the weight and improve your overall health.

9,375 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
exercise or be more active, stay away from junk food, soda, and drink plenty of water.
Zumba is really fun! And if you like to just run, make a good, upbeat playlist of songs you like so you can exercise to. Also, everything is always better with company! Go to the gym with a friend so you can exercise with them and you guys can motivate each other. biggrin

heartcracks's Partner

Fluffy Kitten

If you don't mind spending some money, Fitbit is a great way to motivate yourself! They community and the challenges really get you going! xp
Silently Wishful
tab So, I need to lose weight, but I have trouble trying to get myself to exercise. I have no problem eating healthier.

tab What are some "fun" ways to get myself to exercise more?

Diet is #1. Lots of water, and try to eat greens with EVERY meal.

As for exercise. If motivation is an issue, find some sort of incentive like exercising with a friend so you can motivate each other.

Best of luck. heart
❝ Pick a fun/new sport as part of your exercise routine. I plan on taking up pole fitness and/or rock climbing when I have the free money in order to do so. ❞
Walk and bike when you can.
Make it a habit and a competition with yourself. Start with running for 5 minutes, then move up to 10, or wherever you're comfortable, challenging yourself a little without straining or hurting yourself. Listen to music or watch Netflix while you exercise. Add something to your exercise routine that you look forward to. (Have a book that you really want to read and tell yourself if you exercise for half an hour, you can read a chapter of it, or whatever.)
RameboMango
Diet, is key.

Diet is the key to losing weight. You can lose weight just by counting your calorie. Now there is a difference between losing weight + counting calories vs. eating a well balanced and healthy diet.

You can start losing weight by counting calories. Then, as you start to shed pounds, increase the exercise however you can. Once you get to a weight you like, continue to exercise and move to a more well-balanced diet.

Just my opinion but it works. Good luck to you! biggrin biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces