Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Wolf

9,800 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hi guys! so I'm thinking I want to join the military, National Guard seems like an obvious choice for me since two of my brothers and sister in law are in it. But I was also thinking about the Marines, even though I'm not 'quite' sure about what I can do there, I'll be looking into it. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that I really need to lose weight before I can even think about joining. This is embarrassing but I'm 5'2 and 3/4ths. Which they would just count as 5'3 and I'm around 170 lbs. Quite a bit overweight. I want to lose weight as quick as possible and I need advice (especially from people that suffered from my problems but were able to get through it). For some reason no matter what I do, I almost NEVER lose weight. I can diet and exercise but still I can't seem to lose it... But then I also have another problem. When I try to cut back on certain things, I keep going back to it! like Soda for example..man I think I'm addicted to that stuff. I cut back to where I only had one can of soda a week,(Diet soda didn't curb the craving either, and I did stick with Leaf Tea for a while too but...yeah) but of course after a few weeks I slowly started drinking them up more again. But i do fairly well as long as they aren't in the household. But when they are, I can't resist the urge to drink them. Same with other sugary snacks. I keep telling myself "it's for your own good, you want to look good? be healthy? you can't have it, You can do this" all that to push myself but it's just not enough, I really want to lose the weight but I just can't do it. ): I need to know a good exercise routine and dieting routine that will really push through for me. Please, I really need the help, I would really appreciate it!

Mythical Wolf

9,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Also it doesn't help that I rarely eat..which just creates more fat, ughh I wish it would just make me lose it! I almost never eat, usually the most I'll eat is one meal a day, which isn't even that much. We also have to live off food from a food bank that we can only get every 3 months. Because we have no money ever since my Grandfathers past away (my mom took care of that as her job, CNA)

Premium Trainer

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
a fun way to loose weight is to play dancing games, i lost 4 pounds in a week playing 30 minutes every day. i also recommend if you have any dogs is to take them out on walks daily for about 30 minutes-1 hour (if they are medium+ sized).

Mythical Wolf

9,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
cgoodness
a fun way to loose weight is to play dancing games, i lost 4 pounds in a week playing 30 minutes every day. i also recommend if you have any dogs is to take them out on walks daily for about 30 minutes-1 hour (if they are medium+ sized).

Great Idea smile
But unfortunately for me I can't dance and I don't like to ;( and I only have a pup chihuahua classified_fu

Premium Trainer

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
MammySack
cgoodness

Great Idea smile
But unfortunately for me I can't dance and I don't like to ;( and I only have a pup chihuahua classified_fu

my brother is in the army and hes lazy as hell, but he tells me how he shoulda ran more before he enlisted. from what i hear they run, march, and climb a lot. so go out for morning jogs i guess, listen to some tunes while doing this to pace yourself and keep track of time.

oEmmy's Husband

Newbie Trader

7,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
LITERALLY start running 4 miles everyday. itll be easier once you enlist. They run 4 miles everyday lol
National Guard Physical Fitness Test Here's a PDF for physical fitness test for getting into the National Guard. I have the Physical Readiness Test for the Navy, which I'm using to get in shape.

Dangerous Hunter

5,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Run, 4-5 times a week. Cut out candy, pop, and all junk food. If you want to drop pounds you have to start being more active, do cardio (run) alot. You can do weight lifting too, just as good as cardio. Also, watch what you eat. Eat lean meats like chicken/fish, eat vegies, drink water. One good food to intake is oatmeal, it takes more calories to process oatmeal than you actually get out of it, making it an excellent diet food. If you are old enough you can take a thermogenic. Do not take these unless you know what they do and how they are used. When you do get into the millitary, PT will be a way of life, work hard and keep pushing yourself. Trust me, it will be worth it.

Anima6996's Fangirl

Invisible Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Try Pilates or Yoga if you're looking to shed fat. All you really need is a mat and a DVD or two (though there are plenty of great Youtube videos out there) and some willpower.

Lucky Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Fat is good, eat a lot of high iron and protein meats, then build muscle on top of them!
You're not doing enough to lose weight. What is your exercise? If you run a mile every day that's not enough. Run for set periods of time rather than distance. Go for 20-30 minutes every day. And don't just run. Do other exercises as well. These include burpees, jump-rope, P90X; whatever. Intense aerobic exercise that keeps your body temperature up and your heart racing fast are what will make you lose weight.

Diet: What are you eating? You mentioned diet soda and craving more soda. Stay as far away as humanly possible from diet sodas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not stress this enough. I will repeat: Stay as far away as humanly possible from diet sodas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/u

Get it? If not, then:
Stay as far away as humanly possible from diet sodas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/u

But why? Aren't diet sodas good for you? Diet sodas have no sugar! Well they are still "sweet". This sweetness comes from something called "aspartame". Aspartame is an artificial sweetener that triggers your body to produce insulin. Insulin is what your body uses to store fat. It stores fat by taking sugar away from your blood, which causes low blood sugar. Low blood sugar causes you to have low energy, which will not only make you skimp your workout, but also make you hungry. Being hungry will make you want to eat. Eating will make you fat. Additionally, because aspartame is sweet, your body just prepared to digest something sweet. When you don't get that sugar, your body basically throws a tantrum and demands you eat something sweet. This causes cravings for sugary food which could be exactly why you aren't able to kick your 'addiction'.

As far as diet is concerned, eat things low in calories. Carbohydrates, fats and proteins are essential to your diet. Avoid trans fats and saturated fats. Carbs will provide your body with energy to expend during your workout. A serving of potatoes or rice will do fine. Bananas are great too.

To lose weight, you want to burn more calories than you take in a day. At 170 pounds you will need approximately 2380 calories just to maintain your weight. Therefore, in addition to exercise, try consuming around 1700-1800 calories a day.

And please, for the love of God, don't be one of those people who uses the retarded-holy-s**t-how-are-they-even-open-still-people-are-retarded-for-going-here Planet Fitness logic and reward yourself for a workout with something like pizza, cupcakes or something sugary like that. Planet Fitness logic is to keep you fat so you keep throwing money at them to use their facilities. Don't use that logic.

Edit: And contrary to what the person above me said, fat is not good. You do not build muscle on top of that. That is not physically possible. Fat is just fat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff