Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
I only have 8 pound dumbbells. gonk
Will it still work? neutral
It depends on your BMI. If those are light, you might just be able to tone.
If you can't afford heavier dumbbells, I'd recommend doing body-weight exercises. You can find tons upon tons upon tons of different very effective body-weight exercises online, and they are incredibly effective.

Also, look into calisthenics. Look up Frank Medrano, the hailed king of calisthenics!

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
KimberlyAriel07
I'm a pretty big dude, what then? I'm not horribly obese, but I do have a weight problem.
Enlightened Despot
KimberlyAriel07
I'm a pretty big dude, what then? I'm not horribly obese, but I do have a weight problem.

Invest in some heavier weights? Or maybe gym membership? My bro is trying to gain muscle as well so he goes to the gym 4 times a week.

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
l_Shamrock_l
If you can't afford heavier dumbbells, I'd recommend doing body-weight exercises. You can find tons upon tons upon tons of different very effective body-weight exercises online, and they are incredibly effective.

Also, look into calisthenics. Look up Frank Medrano, the hailed king of calisthenics!
Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Thanks. smile

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
KimberlyAriel07
Enlightened Despot
KimberlyAriel07

Invest in some heavier weights? Or maybe gym membership? My bro is trying to gain muscle as well so he goes to the gym 4 times a week.
Sigh, it looks like I'll have to invest in some heavier weights then. These ones only really get me sore when I punch with them, and even then it doesn't feel that effective.
Enlightened Despot
KimberlyAriel07
Enlightened Despot
KimberlyAriel07

Sigh, it looks like I'll have to invest in some heavier weights then. These ones only really get me sore when I punch with them, and even then it doesn't feel that effective.

You can try adding heavy objects to them or using heavy household objects that you already have.

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
KimberlyAriel07
Enlightened Despot
KimberlyAriel07
Enlightened Despot
KimberlyAriel07

You can try adding heavy objects to them or using heavy household objects that you already have.
I know, but sometimes the shape of heavier household objects is incredibly inconvenient, but I'll look around my house.

Noob

i would suggest doing body weight exercises. things like pull ups, lateral leaps, knee tucks, tricep dips, double crunches, pushups, things like that. it's effective for building muscle mass. you can do it in the mean time.

it sounds like you'll need heavier weights, get yourself a pair of new dumbbells. not too heavy, it's important you get something challenging and can do in good form for about 1-7 reps. if you go too heavy, you'll risk injury and you may overwork your muscle which can make them smaller. so yeah, something challenging that you can perform well with.

my heaviest weights are 5, i do high rep workouts with those. meaning 3 sets of 20 reps. i could be wrong, but i think this helps stimulate and promote growth of the fast twitch muscle fibers more. other than that, i improvise for heavier things.
go to a gym, you'll need to do freeweights

barbell or dumbell, doesn't matter, although you have to use barbell on squats and deadlifts

squats and deadlifts for lower body

bench press, overhead press, and pull-ups/chin-ups for upper body

those are the CORE compound lifts, don't even think of doing the small accessory lifts until you got the basics lifts down

look up youtube video for proper form tutorials because they are dangerous if you mess them up

as for a basic workout plan, do push/pull/legs, very beginner friendly

push things on push day: bench press, overhead press, triceps

pull things on pull day: pull-ups/chin-ups, other lat exercises, biceps

leg day: squats and deadlifts, along with small stuff like calf raises, also ALWAYS do squats before deadlifts, if you do deadlifts before squats, you will be unable to squat as your back will be too tired

you can do PPL 3 times a week or 6 times a week

if you do it 6 times a week go heavy on one day and light on the other

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas