Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Well this is awkward.

I've never used this forum so I'm not sure what exactly it's for. I guess I'm looking to see if there's anyone familiar with cervical cancer or who has had it who can help me out here.

So I got my yearly pap from my regular physician (NOT and obgyn, she just does checkups for me), and the results came back showing irregular cells. She said I should see a REAL gyn because there's a tiiiiiiny chance it could be cervical cancer, but I'm away at college so the best I can do is go to the student health center. There they did a pelvic exam and diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis and gave me long term antibiotics. Well, I finished with those, and my symptoms went away for a bit, but now they're back. Pelvic pain, blood, discolored discharge, pain during sex... Not pretty things, to say the least.

I'm 22 and got my HPV vaccine a looong time ago but I don't know what else this could be.

Also I'm not stupid (surprisingly) and an appointment has been scheduled with an obgyn for two weeks from now. I just kinda wanna know more... Now.

Thanks!

Wealthy Noob

6,400 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
ClassicallyYours

Well this is awkward.

I've never used this forum so I'm not sure what exactly it's for. I guess I'm looking to see if there's anyone familiar with cervical cancer or who has had it who can help me out here.

So I got my yearly pap from my regular physician (NOT and obygyn, she just does checkups for me), and the results came back showing irregular cells. She said I should see a REAL gyn because there's a tiiiiiiny chance it could be cervical cancer, but I'm away at college so the best I can do is go to the student health center. There they did a pelvic exam and diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis and gave me long term antibiotics. Well, I finished with those, and my symptoms went away for a bit, but now they're back. Pelvic pain, blood, discolored discharge, pain during sex... Not pretty things, to say the least.

I'm 22 and got my HPV vaccine a looong time ago but I don't know what else this could be.

Also I'm not stupid (surprisingly) and an appointment has been scheduled with an obgyn for two weeks from now. I just kinda wanna know more... Now.

Thanks!

No I doubt you do, I had a similar issue where my test came back irregular, but my doctor said it was nothing to worry but had me test again a month later, it came back clean.

There are a lot of female problems we encounter down there. I could name a bunch of things that could be, but the best thing to do is see your doctor (i know you said thats difficult right now, maybe an urgent care?). It could just simply be an infection.

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
loveroxxyy
ClassicallyYours

Well this is awkward.

So I got my yearly pap from my regular physician (NOT and obygyn, she just does checkups for me), and the results came back showing irregular cells. She said I should see a REAL gyn because there's a tiiiiiiny chance it could be cervical cancer, but I'm away at college so the best I can do is go to the student health center. There they did a pelvic exam and diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis and gave me long term antibiotics. Well, I finished with those, and my symptoms went away for a bit, but now they're back. Pelvic pain, blood, discolored discharge, pain during sex... Not pretty things, to say the least.

Thanks!

No I doubt you do, I had a similar issue where my test came back irregular, but my doctor said it was nothing to worry but had me test again a month later, it came back clean.

There are a lot of female problems we encounter down there. I could name a bunch of things that could be, but the best thing to do is see your doctor (i know you said thats difficult right now, maybe an urgent care?). It could just simply be an infection.

Ok, that's comforting, thanks! Sorry, I don't mean to be a hypochondriac. Like I said, I just want more information!

Wealthy Noob

6,400 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
ClassicallyYours
loveroxxyy
ClassicallyYours

Well this is awkward.

Thanks!

Ok, that's comforting, thanks! Sorry, I don't mean to be a hypochondriac. Like I said, I just want more information!

Yeah i've been there before smile Women have so many issues down there, especially if youre sexually active. To me honestly it sounds like an infection and you werent given the right antibiotics (there are many kinds and some you may be immune to).

Good luck smile
Sounds like it.

If cervical cell changes progress to cancer, symptoms may include:

Vaginal bleeding that isn't normal, such as between menstrual periods, after sex, or after menopause.
Pain during sex.
Vaginal discharge that isn't normal.
A significant unexplained change in your menstrual cycle.

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
trevorDD
Cancer has to be healed as soon as it is possible. It is a very serious problem indeed. There are some new methods like cell treatment ( you can read more from uctclinic ) which allow to treat it really effective. Go to a doctor, that is the real solution

I am! Like I said an appointment has been made for a week from now. I just want more answers, sooner. sweatdrop Thanks for the reply!

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Lady Kariel
Sounds like it.

Vaginal bleeding that isn't normal, such as between menstrual periods, after sex, or after menopause.
Pain during sex.

Oh goodness. I have all of those. I just hope it's not me freaking out and labeling it cancer when it's not, though. You know how when you think you have something, you start to "notice" symptoms of it that you didn't before? Ugh, this is such a mess... I can't wait for my appointment! sweatdrop Thanks for the reply!

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Irregular cells down there can mean a lot of things.
Anything from yeast infections, to STD's...
It's doesn't necessarily mean you have cancer.

Antibiotics are bad about messing with the chemistry down there.
It's very possible that you just have a bad yeast infection.

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Nenanah

That is possible.

So far I know it's NOT a UTI, VB, chlamydia, or gonorrhea, because I've been tested for all of those. I've also been with the same partner for over 9 months and we're both clean and use condoms 100% of the time. It's just frustrating because it could be a lot of things, but the symptoms are really getting annoying and no one's correctly diagnosed me yet. gonk I had like three pelvic exams so far...

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
ClassicallyYours
Nenanah

That is possible.

So far I know it's NOT a UTI, VB, chlamydia, or gonorrhea, because I've been tested for all of those. I've also been with the same partner for over 9 months and we're both clean and use condoms 100% of the time. It's just frustrating because it could be a lot of things, but the symptoms are really getting annoying and no one's correctly diagnosed me yet. gonk I had like three pelvic exams so far...

Last time I went to Wallgreens, I saw that they have over the counter tests that can test for various vaginal infections. Maybe you could try one of those to see what it says?
I don't blame you for not wanting another exam, those suck. emotion_facepalm

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Nenanah
ClassicallyYours
Nenanah

That is possible.

Last time I went to Wallgreens, I saw that they have over the counter tests that can test for various vaginal infections. Maybe you could try one of those to see what it says?
I don't blame you for not wanting another exam, those suck. emotion_facepalm

Oh, I didn't actually know that! Thanks! Maybe I'll pick one up this weekend. :]
ClassicallyYours
Lady Kariel
Sounds like it.

Pain during sex.

Oh goodness. I have all of those. I just hope it's not me freaking out and labeling it cancer when it's not, though. You know how when you think you have something, you start to "notice" symptoms of it that you didn't before? Ugh, this is such a mess... I can't wait for my appointment! sweatdrop Thanks for the reply!

I know what you mean but it is also really important to be in tune with your body. I hope everything works out well and that it can be removed. The earlier detection, the better.
When you go for a pap and the results are 'abnormal cells', 9 times out of 10 it's a folic acid imbalance. Increase your folic acid, go back, and see what the results are. 90% of the time when women do this, the results are clear. smile
If you're on birth control, it blocks folic acid. If you smoke, it blocks folic acid. If you are on BC pills AND smoke, you have very high chances of being pretty much screwed.

High-functioning Otaku

9,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Shiro-aisu
When you go for a pap and the results are 'abnormal cells', 9 times out of 10 it's a folic acid imbalance. Increase your folic acid, go back, and see what the results are. 90% of the time when women do this, the results are clear. smile
If you're on birth control, it blocks folic acid. If you smoke, it blocks folic acid. If you are on BC pills AND smoke, you have very high chances of being pretty much screwed.

Thanks for responding! I do take B/C, but I do not smoke, and never have. I'm hesitant to thing that it's because I'm LACKING folic acid though, since I take a folic acid supplement for my nails/hair. Do you think it could be that I have too much folic acid? Or does it not work that way?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff