Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
iMrAddison
ooooo that's so cool!
Thank you :3
There's also P90X.. it's a very intense training program.

No prob. I'm not really into that kind of stuff since I'm just starting out. My cousin does that though and he's like movie star ripped all over.
Notorious Sailor Uranus
iMrAddison
ooooo that's so cool!
Thank you :3
There's also P90X.. it's a very intense training program.

No prob. I'm not really into that kind of stuff since I'm just starting out. My cousin does that though and he's like movie star ripped all over.

Your cousin does what?
P90X or the videos you showed me?
I'm not trying to get move star ripped all over. I just want to be really fit smile

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
iMrAddison

Your cousin does what?
I'm not trying to get move star ripped all over. I just want to be really fit smile

Oh sorry I was distracted by my dog. He does the P90X workout. The videos are what I do, I just use them (the videos) to get fit too.
Notorious Sailor Uranus
iMrAddison

Your cousin does what?

Oh sorry I was distracted by my dog. He does the P90X workout. The videos are what I do, I just use them (the videos) to get fit too.

Thanks for the videos though, I'll definitely use these too.
I'm gonna use P90X too though, so I'll be back and forth razz

Shirtless Trader

7,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
help your parents more with chores~
Ihi, the motivation is important in weight loss, to be strict in your program, respect a nutrition of weight loss. and do a exercise .
Unless you are very tall, If you are 200lbs you are fat.
If your not motivated, you don't want the change enough.
There is an awesome fitness community that encourages everything from weight-loss and strength training, to eating healthier and being happy with your body. Fitocracy also has a great "game" element that rewards your exercising activities with points! A fun way to get fit, with a very supporting community - and stay motivated for a while.
Find something that motivates you. Either a picture on the Internet of how you want to look (and I mean something you think you can realistically obtain as a long term goal). Wake up every morning and repeat to yourself 50 times a concrete goal to yourself (such as I will stay committed to my weight loss goals).

Ask yourself. If someone I knew was in my shoes what would I tell them to help them stay motivated? Then take your own advice. Post reminders about why you are doing this and what it will mean to YOU. Not your doctor. Not your friends. Not your family. You and you alone are responsible for your own motivation and the betterment of your quality of life.

As for your workouts, no wonder your motivation is dwindling. I mean if you're anything like me, you must be bored out of your mind just running on the treadmill like a freaking hampster lol. Try someting called interval training. You basically run as fast as you reasonably can for a short duration (about 30 seconds) and then recover with 1 minute of brisk walking. Repeat about 10 times. This not only prevents you from being bored it is also more proven to help reduce fat (google it if you want further proof/info). Do some weight training as well. Since you're not fit at all, I would start out with body weight exercises such as pushups, squats.
A good way to lose weight (that doesn't involve any sweating), is eating a good diet. Go online and search how many calories a day you should eat at your age, and try to stick to that. Before you eat something, check how many calories it is. You still can have a lot of freedom; for example if you chose to have a slightly fatty dinner, you can have it, but you have to eat foods more low in calories for the rest of the day. It's actually very easy. Don't go over though! You have to stick to it. As long as you follow how many calories you should eat a day and go outside for at least half an hour, you should be fine.
fallismynam4
A good way to lose weight (that doesn't involve any sweating), is eating a good diet.
This.
But also, when you've become more comfortable with dieting you don't necessarily have to count calories. When I first became serious about losing weight and dieting, I watched my calorie intake like a hawk. Now I just try to eat right and avoid the types of food my body can't have or shouldn't have.

Controlling Portion Sizes from WebMD is a (fun) interactive tool that offers comparisons on what the proper amount of food you should have relative to actual dishes.

Ultimately, the motivation you need must come from within you. Look good for yourself, not for others, when you view the mirror, and feel good when you lose the weight.
Her Pocket Asian
fallismynam4
A good way to lose weight (that doesn't involve any sweating), is eating a good diet.
This.
But also, when you've become more comfortable with dieting you don't necessarily have to count calories. When I first became serious about losing weight and dieting, I watched my calorie intake like a hawk. Now I just try to eat right and avoid the types of food my body can't have or shouldn't have.

Controlling Portion Sizes from WebMD is a (fun) interactive tool that offers comparisons on what the proper amount of food you should have relative to actual dishes.

Ultimately, the motivation you need must come from within you. Look good for yourself, not for others, when you view the mirror, and feel good when you lose the weight.

Very true.
I was on a good diet for 2 weeks while using a treadmill as well,
and I was like 200-205 pounds before.. but now I'm close to 190.
One of my coworkers is currently about 296. When he was hired a couple months ago, he was over 300lb. He's still working on his weight, but he had thanked my boss and I for offering tips on eating better to, not only lose weight, but for overall better nutrition.

Exercise is actually optional - something I've learned recently. It helps, most certainly, but with work and classes sometimes I have neither the time nor energy to go jogging. So I try to maintain a healthy, eat-less-eat-right diet.

Friendly Knight

Seriously, this sounds ridiculous, but this is an incredible journey if you do this. Are you ready for this? Okay: here you go.

Step 1: take off all of your clothes, and wear your closest fitting underwear that you own.

Step 2: step in front of a mirror and take a photo. From both the front and the side. (Let it all hang out, no sucking in.. No trying to firm your stomach.. Just relax and take it easy.).

Step 3: print your photo and date it.

Now. Do this once a week on the same day in the morning and keep this going. When you get bored and you tell yourself, "this isn't working.. I don't FEEL like working out.. I just want a giant greasy burger..." Then you go back to your pictures and you see what you look like then to the future you. It was he an incredibly feeling for you to see what you use to look like, to the new you.

The soft belly to the slowly but surly firming core, the basic shoulda to the wide bulky shoulders that will mount your bigger and stronger arms. These goals are all achievable! You just need to see that all the work and time hasn't been for nothing and that it is working!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff