Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm not fit at all.. I'm not in shape.. But I'm not fat either.
I'm 200 Pounds!
On December 11th, I was determined to get healthy, lose weight, and become fit.
So I ate 3 meals a day with the right amount of calories, I fixed my sleeping schedule and went to bed at scheduled times, and I exercised on my treadmill every day.
I did this for a week almost 2, and then my motivation completely slipped away.
I just didn't care anymore and continued to mess up my sleeping schedule, eat anything I want, and not exercise any.
But every now and then, I'm thinking, "I really do need this.. it's essential for my health, the doctors say it would be great if I exercised!"
I do want to get healthier and get in shape and lose weight..
But I JUST do not have the motivation to do this at all!!!
You know what would awesome? If I had some sort of motivation buddy I could talk to everyday.
I just really need some big help on staying motivated for a longggggggg time.
The more fit you are the better chance you have at having sex wink
Haha it's a joke but true :p
If you need any help or anything I'm here wink I'm on the road to lose some serious weight! smile
Dark_Fallen_Angel_6
If you need any help or anything I'm here wink I'm on the road to lose some serious weight! smile

I'm on the road to losing serious weight as well!!
Want to be my buddy? <3 It would really help me!
And that sex joke... emotion_drool
To me, it sounds like you're lacking the right kind of motivation. You say that others, like your doctor, would think it would be great. Are you doing this for other people, instead of yourself? You say you want and need to do it, but sometimes "needing" is not the right kind of motivation. Find out why you want to get fit. Make a long list of reasons and read it everyday, if you must. Also try writing down what feelings and thoughts you have when you "give up". It's important to understand what goes through your minds both when you're successful (so you can keep it up) and when you're "failing" (so you can prevent it).

Motivation has to come from within. It needs to be maintained. It doesn't just last on it's own. It needs fuel. (:

If you want a motivational buddy, I'm always interested. Just send me a PM and we'll talk. ^^

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
Find some form of exercise that gets you off the treadmill and out into the world. Seriously, a treadmill is the ultimate in boredom, and boredom is TERRIBLE for motivation.

I've lost almost 40 pounds in the last fourteen months, and I did it by walking for 40 minutes to an hour a day, and getting away from chocolate. I only walk places I enjoy being, and I eat what I enjoy, so long as it doesn't have sugar in it.

My community also has a lot of events in the community dance movement -- places people who like to freestyle can go without having to deal with the bars and clubs. I used to do that and I loved it, and I'm thinking of starting again, now that I've got the first 40 off and don't get exhausted from the aerobic activity any longer.

What are you interested in? It could be anything, as long as it gets you moving. You don't have to totally knock yourself out, either, for it to be effective over time.
iMrAddison
Dark_Fallen_Angel_6

I'm on the road to losing serious weight as well!!
Want to be my buddy? <3 It would really help me!
And that sex joke... emotion_drool

Haha I would love to smile pm anytime!!

Excitable Attacker

I'm trying to lose weight as well. emo

Shy Loverboy

whats your diet like? what do you eat in a normal day? the right nutrition maybe all you need.
other wise its psychological, How bad do you want this?
Put your money where you mouth is. Buy a gym membership, make sure you have something to lose by not doing anything.

Loyal Hunter

Change it up. Since my parents bought a tredmill a week ago I am bound and determined to do something everyday. Switch it up. I have done it three days this week. I am switching it up by finally going out on my skates tomorrow.

Cuddly Mage

31,425 Points
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200

I'm trying to lose weight too, these plateaus blow.
Just don't do the same thing over and over, switch it up every so often.
Focus on different parts of the body and such. And reward yourself with one day when you don't have
to feel guilty about eating whatever. Then just pick it back up right after. Self punishment is the
worst way to go about it, so keep an open mind and keep thinking
"I'm going to look and feel so awesome after this!"

Sparkly Lunatic

dramallama
I just got a gym membership at the local Y a few blocks from my house. I've only been once, though, and I've had the membership now for a few weeks.. ._.
I'm lacking motivation as well. :c

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
There are alot of exercising channels on Youtube. The one called Fitness Blender is one that I use to get in shape and they answer questions that users have in their videos and on comments.
Notorious Sailor Uranus
There are alot of exercising channels on Youtube. The one called Fitness Blender is one that I use to get in shape and they answer questions that users have in their videos and on comments.

ooooo that's so cool!
Thank you :3
There's also P90X.. it's a very intense training program.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff