Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Phantom

I've been exercising, especially a lot more frequently. I do 25 minutes to an hour a day (cardio), taking a break on saturday and sunday. I don't eat very well, but I do stay under 1400 calories. I've also been eating more fruit here lately.

However, I've been the same weight range for quite some time, about 2 months. (177-179lbs) I'm really tired of being overweight and feel like nothing is working. :/ I really want to lose 50lbs by next spring. What should I do?
http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

eating that low is unsafe and you will likely quit if you starve yourself like that

use your TDEE and eat 300-500 below that

TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure

at my current weight of 150 lbs, mine is 2500, if I eat 2000-2300 calories a day, I lose weight in a healthy way

so your caloric intake shouldn't be lower than mine if you weigh more than me

slow and steady wins the race, it's boring and will take months but it's healthy and safe for your body

sad exhale's Rizzler

Professional Player

Cardio is not your friend.
Resistance and weight training. No, lifting weights won't turn you into GI Jane. Less time in the gym this way too.
Stand more, walk as much as you can. 20 steps burns one calorie;; 5miles a day is about 500.
Eat healthy, make sure you're not cutting carbs or fats, nothing silly like that. Vitamins are important heart

Dapper Gekko

Try taking up pilates! ^^ Works those muscles too. Try taking up a sport as well, anything that may seem interesting to you. Time always flies when you're working out and having fun.

Cardio is usually more for building stamina.
I know plenty of people who have had lots of success with Insanity, a DVD-based HIIT (high intensity interval training) fitness program. Users typically lose between 15-25 lbs over the 60 day period. Google it and see what you think, could be just whst you need.

Dapper Codger

650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Well, losing weight is an admirable thing to want to accomplish. I suggest strength training starting off with a weight of 2.5 pounds each and then as you grow stronger increase the weight. Strength training is a good way to raise your metabolism. Cardio isn't a bad thing but if you do that entirely then you will hit a wall. Try to combine cardio and strength, circuit training is a good idea. Perhaps take up Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred and look up the website Fitness Blender which has a variety of exercise routines for free. You can find it on youtube.

Now, you DO have to eat nutritious food. The thing is foods that are not healthy but calorie free won't really help you. Your calorie intake should be a little higher but don't eat too unhealthy and its great that you are eating more fruits but if there is something that you shouldn't be eating (french fries are my weakness!) perhaps lower the portion. Are you drinking enough water?

Shameless Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Find something fun!!

Taking brisk walks through a pretty area, walking someone's dog, going for a swim.

Less calories + More exercise = Progress!

Make sure you're eating enough protein and fiber (like from fruits and veggies) so that you still feel full!!

Noob

Drink a lot of water and tea

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas