Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok so i went to the dr yesterday i found out over the past 2 years i gained 33 pounds sweatdrop according to my height i'm over weight. I went to my dr offices dietitian. She said to what my intake of food it is it seems more like my weight problem is getting active. I use to be active when my sister and her kids where here. but once they left i lost motivation... Any one have tips on how i can get motivated again?
Health Consequences of Obesity
Obesity increases the risk of many health conditions, including the following:

Coronary heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure.

Type 2 diabetes.

Cancers, such as endometrial, breast, and colon cancer.

High total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides.

Liver and gallbladder disease.

Sleep apnea and respiratory problems.

Degeneration of cartilage and underlying bone within a joint (osteoarthritis).

Reproductive health complications such as infertility.

Mental health conditions.
I'm not really in the obesity stage. Just over weight about 30 pounds over weight.
Jesse Troy
Health Consequences of Obesity
Obesity increases the risk of many health conditions, including the following:

Coronary heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure.

Type 2 diabetes.

Cancers, such as endometrial, breast, and colon cancer.

High total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides.

Liver and gallbladder disease.

Sleep apnea and respiratory problems.

Degeneration of cartilage and underlying bone within a joint (osteoarthritis).

Reproductive health complications such as infertility.

Mental health conditions.

Motivation lol

Get a fat friend to exercise with .
GorillazAriel
I'm not really in the obesity stage. Just over weight about 30 pounds over weight.

I'm assuming this was figured using your BMI.

I don't know your height but the average female is 5'4. So that's what I am going to use.

At 146 pounds you become overweight.
30 pounds overweight will put you in the obese category.

146- 25.1
176-30.2

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

If you not obese now, you will be if you don't change your ways.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I wanna provide a little counter balance and say that dieticians aren't immune to the very human flaw of trying to run your life for you so that you fit in the society they dream of.

You being overweight might not actually be about your healthy, they MIGHT just want you to be skinnier so they can appease the little slug in their brains that gets upset when it sees sometihng it doesn't like

:T

Just sayin, 's possible
Burning Bonus
I wanna provide a little counter balance and say that dieticians aren't immune to the very human flaw of trying to run your life for you so that you fit in the society they dream of.

You being overweight might not actually be about your healthy, they MIGHT just want you to be skinnier so they can appease the little slug in their brains that gets upset when it sees sometihng it doesn't like

Just sayin, 's possible

i always been a bit heavy but i wan to get back into shape. I use to do cheer leading and soccer as a kid and tenn but since i go out of high school i been slipping

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
GorillazAriel
Burning Bonus

Just sayin, 's possible

i always been a bit heavy but i wan to get back into shape. I use to do cheer leading and soccer as a kid and tenn but since i go out of high school i been slipping

kay well
might help you to know that Stress is a FANTASTIC workout fuel
and a stiff workout is a decent stress reliever

so like if something's buggin you
you go to a gymn and you work it off

Helps if it's somethin that could be seen as explosive, or violent
like hittin a punching bag
idk why but doin somethin that feels violent helps to vent that s**t more

But yea

stress is definitely up there as the best workout fuel I know of

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
GorillazAriel
Ok so i went to the dr yesterday i found out over the past 2 years i gained 33 pounds sweatdrop according to my height i'm over weight. I went to my dr offices dietitian. She said to what my intake of food it is it seems more like my weight problem is getting active. I use to be active when my sister and her kids where here. but once they left i lost motivation... Any one have tips on how i can get motivated again?

Thanks for sharing! I hear you on this - I'm trying to lose my last bit of weight too. One thing that really helped me to stay motivated to move was being able to do things; to finally be able to move and really enjoy the world around me. I set goals based on movement and being physically capable. Like my goal to climb Mt. Fuji - I knew that regardless of weight, I had to be strong and fit enough to do that. It really helped me stay on a good path of fitness. Maybe try finding a goal based on movement - is there something you want to be able to do, but need to keep training in order to do it? Find that and focus on it. You'll feel great when you achieve it biggrin

And hey, we are having a month-long series of contests based on movement in this very forum. Just post your activity each day in the contest thread and you might win 100K gold! I know, it's not life changing, but 100K gold is pretty sweet! XD

Contest thread is here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/health-fitness-forum/moving-through-may-month-of-fitness-contests-3/t.79515245/

Keep on going!
- Sisky
Burning Bonus
GorillazAriel
Burning Bonus

Just sayin, 's possible

kay well
might help you to know that Stress is a FANTASTIC workout fuel
and a stiff workout is a decent stress reliever

so like if something's buggin you
you go to a gymn and you work it off

Helps if it's somethin that could be seen as explosive, or violent
like hittin a punching bag
idk why but doin somethin that feels violent helps to vent that s**t more

But yea

stress is definitely up there as the best workout fuel I know of

sweatdrop that's the bad part stress use to help me as a motivation now it just makes me want to eat... i get stress every day i work cus my boss pushes his stress on us. but the 'violent' dose help i could always put my wii fit or fit in six in my wii and do the boxing that could help a lot. Thanks never thought of doing boxing to help stress
siskataya
GorillazAriel

Thanks for sharing! I hear you on this - I'm trying to lose my last bit of weight too. One thing that really helped me to stay motivated to move was being able to do things; to finally be able to move and really enjoy the world around me. I set goals based on movement and being physically capable. Like my goal to climb Mt. Fuji - I knew that regardless of weight, I had to be strong and fit enough to do that. It really helped me stay on a good path of fitness. Maybe try finding a goal based on movement - is there something you want to be able to do, but need to keep training in order to do it? Find that and focus on it. You'll feel great when you achieve it biggrin

And hey, we are having a month-long series of contests based on movement in this very forum. Just post your activity each day in the contest thread and you might win 100K gold! I know, it's not life changing, but 100K gold is pretty sweet! XD

Contest thread is here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/health-fitness-forum/moving-through-may-month-of-fitness-contests-3/t.79515245/

Keep on going!
- Sisky

Thanks i'll take a peek i was thinking of doing like a goal and tracker on my DA (since in my mind to keep my self amused it has to be pretty art) but that dose help seeing other people active could help me want to become active
Burning Bonus

Just sayin, 's possible

Preventive medicine.

Why wait until the patient is obese, or experiencing preventable health problems, to talk to them about adopting a healthier lifestyle?

Annually over 400,000 people die of obesity in America.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Jesse Troy
Burning Bonus

Just sayin, 's possible

Preventive medicine.

Why wait until the patient is obese, or experiencing preventable health problems, to talk to them about adopting a healthier lifestyle?

Annually over 400,000 people die of obesity in America.

No I getcha
I do

I was just sayin

keep your wits 'bout ya
incase it's the other thing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items