Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm looking to cut some weight, but I have a pretty annoying problem.

I. Do. Not. Like. Vegetables. I mean I can't eat them at all without gagging. However, I'm looking at getting on a green supplement which can handle the nutrition aspect, but my question to you is, what would be a good replacement meal? Obviously the green supplement isn't going to fill me up like a traditional veggie meal would. Also, i'm a generally pretty hungry guy. I was thinking chicken breast, but man is that going to get tiring after a while. So, can I get some suggestions for low fat yet still healthy options that will actually make me not hungry?
Go onto bodybuilding.com and learn about protein shakes.
Protein shakes make a good meal replacer.

And you are going to have to learn to like healthier foods and learn a lot about how to replace the veggies. A simple supplement isn't going to cut it once you start losing the weight.

Learn about other meats other than chicken. Look at egg, cooked veggies, fish, pure whole grains, etc.

The website I gave you has endless of information about it losing weight and gaining muscle. It isn't just for body builders(:

Good luck on your journey

Shameless Conversationalist

8,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Veggie or soy burgers are great. (And no! They do not taste like veggies!)

Smoothies, and you can at chia seeds for energy.
Whole grains.
Greek yogurt is yummy, and it also have lots of protein to keep you full.
Canada Blows

I. Do. Not. Like. Vegetables. I mean I can't eat them at all without gagging. However, I'm looking at getting on a green supplement which can handle the nutrition aspect, but my question to you is, what would be a good replacement meal? Obviously the green supplement isn't going to fill me up like a traditional veggie meal would. Also, i'm a generally pretty hungry guy. I was thinking chicken breast, but man is that going to get tiring after a while. So, can I get some suggestions for low fat yet still healthy options that will actually make me not hungry?
its all in your head.. veggies dont even taste like anything. dip steamed broccoli in a tasty sauce r have melted cheese over them? dont be such a baby and eat your greens. a supplement wont do any good as the real thing. hungry guy? eat whatever but count your calories. vegs are just naturally low in calories. i snack on chocolate since they naturally suppress my appetite and i dont go over 1200 a day

Desirable Sex Symbol

You can still lose fat without vegetables, but it will take a big longer. Try eating lean meats like chicken and fish, for fish I suggest talapia, high in protein and one of the lowest in fat among fish. Be sure to eat your fruits too, oh and at least 8-10 glasses of water a day, 1 every hour or every other hour. And cut your calories by like 10% to start out with. Also I wouldn't trust supplements from bodybuilding.com because a while ago they got sued for 7,000,000 dollars because one of their supplements had steroids in it.Be sure to do 30-60 minutes of cardio a day or every other day. But it takes time so don't expect to lose like 50 pounds in a month
Me too stare
Make protein shakes with spinach in them (you seriously cannot taste it..it's amazeballs). Hiding veggies in tasty meals that you enjoy also helps. That's what moms do with with their kids to make them eat more greens. And obviously, eat more fruit. Fruit is just as amazing and healthy.
tkanks for information

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,400 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
How have you tried veggies? And which ones have you tried? You can alter the way they taste depending on how you prep them. And some veggies you haven't tried might taste really good. I'm a vegetarian so if you want any help, let me know.

Friendly Businesswoman

6,350 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
You can't just lose weight by eating you also have to exercise more than normal without pushing your body to the limit.

Some fulfilling meals that can help you maintain and lose weight are rice (yes it will make you full but with a full meal eat it last), sea food salads (lettuce, tomato, red onions, bell peppers, seafood i.e shrimp or crab) if you like dressings have that in a little dish because if you pour it on it'll make you feel a little heavier, and try eating foods that are low in sugars and fats both saturated and unsaturated. A person is only supposed to have 3 grams of saturated fats if that.

A few simple easy workouts to make you lose weight are the basic running and stretching

Divine Zealot

Canada Blows

I. Do. Not. Like. Vegetables. I mean I can't eat them at all without gagging.

Like... what sort of veggies? I assume you mean like... Greens, in which case, I tend to avoid them anyway. Hate them, don't need them. If you don't mind something like... potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and the like, you should be just fine through their nutrition. Could take a decent multivitamin if you're so inclined.

Quote:
I was thinking chicken breast, but man is that going to get tiring after a while. So, can I get some suggestions for low fat yet still healthy options that will actually make me not hungry?

Protein is good, try some lean stuff since you're on a cut. Lean beef, lean lamb, chicken breasts and the like should be just fine. Don't forget your carbs, but I would personally stick to the potatoes, carrots and I like white rice. Try to avoid pork cuts, especially if you don't know what they were fed. Don't forget fruit, either.

Protein should be the center of your meal.

Versatile Entrepreneur

4,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
you know, it'd be pretty slow if you were to lose weight by excluding the vegetables. see, most vegetables provide high fiber content. these diet fiber actually adsorb a bit of your body cholesterol and bring it out in the stools. repeat that a few times, you'll lose more body fat easily.

or if you are really repulsed by veggies, then try fruits with high fiber. i recommend bananas, papayas, oranges, and some more. and you might vary your meals with whole grains products..maybe oat, wholemeal bread. wholemeal products really helps you to lose weight. and might wanna get out of the habit of snacking (if you do, that is).

hope this helps, sorry it was long sweatdrop
Start eating stews. You can fix them a million ways and they're easy. (there's a blog post somewhere called stew roids but I can't link it due to graphic images)

You can start with mostly meat and offal (organ meats like heart, stomach parts and liver have vitamins.). Add wild caught salmon to your diet or take a high quality cod liver oil for your omega 3 and other vitamins, and use wild meat too if you can.
Top tier animal food: Venison, fish, organs.
Secondary: Fish, fowl and beef.
Avoid: Bacon.

Add vegetables to stew.

As you get used to it, add more vegetables and try new varieties of vegetable. At first you won't even notice the shredded little bits of stewed or steamed veggies and later you might like them.

Dapper Conversationalist

Research show that you can hardly like something unless you've already tried it about 17-19 times. What this means is that you eat it for the first time - gross. Second time - gross. Third time you're kinda craving it, so you buy it and then... gross. It's only after a number of tries that your body gets used to it and starts liking it.

Most people have stories of something they used to hate but now enjoy. This also accounts for the stories of how kids don't want to eat some stuff but play with it instead. Well, if your body's not familiar with it, it won't accept it.

Buy a single item of several different kinds of veg and have a tasting. The disgust should gradually go away.

(I'm not even going into why you should get your five a day or even probably ten a day, and why supplementation is unreasonable.)

Devoted Defender

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
You may want to try preparing veggies a specific way. For example: Roasting broccoli on a cookie sheet lined with foil with olive oil in the oven at 350 degrees farenheit is really, surprisingly delicious. Add a little salt and pepper, and it's better than popcorn in my opinion. You can do the same with cauliflower, but top with a little cumin in addition to the olive oil before you put it in the oven... It's really good smile
Another good way to sneak vegetables into your diet is by making smoothies. Throw a leaf or two of kale or spinach into a berry smoothie, and most likely you won't even notice it. smile

Also, I don't think a supplement has everything you'd need in a meal (like fiber and carbs). Plus, if you deprive yourself of a meal, you're more likely to break down and eat a bunch later on in the day...

Anyway, good luck, and I hope this helps smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces