Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vlade2008's Wife

Kawaii Shoujo

9,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
Hey all! Thank you so mich for your input. When I mentioned healthy eating, I mean we eat brown rice and I bake my own bread and cook with coconut oil. I try to keep my snacking to a minimim, usually a yoghurt with some almonds. I used to be less than 120 lbs before I had my two kids, that's why I want to lose weight. I feel big and unhealthy. The walking sounds nice, I used to walk a lot before my kids.
If weight loss is what you're after try changing your diet. You said eating healthy isn't a problem. Whats considered healthy by US standards is really not. If you consume too many simple our refined carbohydrates with no exercise, they're immediately stored in your body as fat. Limit processed foods, grains, ablnd starchy vegetables to no more than one cup a day. It must be split between two meals!

Make sure you eat every three hours, it must contain a protein, a healthy fat, and a good carb(vegetables, Brown rice). This will keep your metabolism up even when you're not terribly active. Avoid low-fat/fat free foods. Those have added sugar, and will cause weightgain. Then again, those fall under heavily processed foods anyways.

Incorporate good fats into your diet such as: butter, avocado, nuts, olive oil, whole dairy products.

Also avoid inflammatory foods such as vegetable oils, enriched grains, sugar, ect.

And for all that is good in this world: DO NOT TAKE DIET PILLS. That sounds like a terrible idea with a heart condition.

Also, counting calories does not work. Not all calories are equal. Protein 4 cal a g boost metabolism, carbs 4 cal a g absorb very quickly into your bloodstream and cause you to gai weight if you're not active, fat at 9 cal a g is very slowly absorbed into the blood. It does not add weight to you, and keeps you feeling full and sated. It also aids in weightloss.

Man-Hungry Prophet

Oh man, if I was you, I don't think I would exercise. Maybe just really light walks after meals to burn off some calories? Definitely don't do any intense cardio, keep it all simple.

Honestly, I'd try some of those weight loss pills if I were you.
140lbs for someone of you're height isn't a total disaster. In fact, it's more than likely just average. So maybe start with preventing yourself from gaining weight, then slowly move onto losing.

First would be to totally cut out snacking, have 3 well rounded meals a day. Say for example, 500 calories a meal, 1500 a day. Cut out white bread, white pasta and sugary cereal.

Take a 30-45min walk every day, or at least every other day. That's about 100-120 calories burnt.

Drink water and green tea. Your body can't burn fat without water.

This alone should be enough to drop a pound every 1-2 weeks!

Sugary Daredevil

I am by no means a doctor but I would not recomend excercising in your condition
wait until after you get your transplant and you´ve healed
but Id ask a doctor

Bleshoo's Waifu

Powered-up Wife

look up DDP yoga! "ant your mama yoga!"⁺˚✧⁺˚

Valiant Shoujo

18,700 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Super Jumper 500
do walking 3nodding

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
That's a major problem, but good for you for trying to keep fit. Hmm.....That's tricky too. Have you talked to a personal trainer about finding exercises that won't trigger an attack?

Vlade2008's Wife

Kawaii Shoujo

9,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
Thank you for all the replies! I really appreciate them. I will be trying a mix of all this, I think (minus the caffeine suggestion. It's not a bad one, I just can't have anything that excites my heart~).

Divine Zealot

Furi Kuri
I am 5'0 and probably almost 140 lbs after having my kids. My problem isn't eating less or eating healthier...it's exercising. I have mitral valve prolapse with arrhythmia, murmur, and regurgitation.

So, how do I lose weight while eating healthy in healthy amounts without doing cardio? lol

Considering the title of the OP, and the details I snipped out, I wouldn't worry "too" much on the exercise bits. Exercise isn't necessarily for losing weight, it's for building shape. To lose weight, you simply eat fewer calories. Use this to help determine your calorie intake.

So far as exercise goes, do whatever you find comfortable. If you weren't getting any results with yoga for weight loss, you simply were eating too much still. Your condition makes this difficult, because even without a traditional cardio workout, you're going to ramp your heart rate up, and this could be problematic for you, so something slower like yoga or tai chi might honestly be your best bet.
Furi Kuri
Lady Kariel
I'm sorry to hear about your heart problem. Are you planning to get a transplant later on?

In terms of workouts, you can try exercises without cardio like this.

Thank you so much! I figure I have to get a transplant, either just a valve or a whole heart, because I have two little boys who need their mommy even when I'm 40.

You're welcome. There are several websites out there that have some good on the spot exercises. And you can start slowly, doing a little everyday, gradually increasing the repetitions. Also try to increase the amount of fish, fruits, and vegetables you eat. Heavy meats, flours, and sugars aren't very good.

That whole heart transplant sounds really complicated but I do hope if you decide to do it, everything goes well. I can imagine your boys will want you around for a very long time : )

Vlade2008's Wife

Kawaii Shoujo

9,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
Lady Kariel
I'm sorry to hear about your heart problem. Are you planning to get a transplant later on?

Thank you so much! I figure I have to get a transplant, either just a valve or a whole heart, because I have two little boys who need their mommy even when I'm 40.

Vlade2008's Wife

Kawaii Shoujo

9,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
I am 5'0 and probably almost 140 lbs after having my kids. My problem isn't eating less or eating healthier...it's exercising. I have mitral valve prolapse with arrhythmia, murmur, and regurgitation.

For those that don't know what that means, I bleed back into my heart so much that when you listen with a stethoscope it doesn't "thump thump" it "whoosh whoosh"s wetly. And that's bad.

I have 'attacks' where my heart will beat too fast for no reason and then skip beats and it is very painful; I had to cut almost all caffeine out of my diet and at one point in my life I couldn't even eat chocolate because the caffeine in it would set off an attack. The doctor's said, when I was 11 (when they discovered it) that I would most likely need a transplant by 40 years old because my heart would wear itself out.

Thus, exercising is....difficult. I took yoga for a year with no results, tried putting together my own personal workout but everything includes cardio....

So, how do I lose weight while eating healthy in healthy amounts without doing cardio? lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff