Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, so I've been doing the INSANITY workout training, to hopefully lose some weight and get fit. However I have yet to lose a single pound! D: I've been sweating hard for about 3 weeks now. sad Its really hard to stick to a diet since my family are fat pigs and don't eat right, and everytime I make myself my own food, they're all like "WHAT ABOUT US"? -_- I tell them to make there own s**t, than they act like Im some terrible person. sad
I don't know what to do.
Jebrone Kitty

I've always found that my metabolism was super slow. I would work out like crazy an nothing would work.

That changed when I became vegetarian. The foods I ate were still unhealthy (compared to veggies plain or health food) but they were vegetable fats instead of animal fats and that makes a huge difference to your body.

I've lost nearly 100 pounds since I became vegetarian.

It wasn't just diet, I've exercised some. But the important thing isn't how much you exercise...it's how and when.

If you exercise in the morning, it will raise your metabolism for the entire day. Get at least 30 minutes of cardio in every morning and you should definitely see some results. (keeping in mind that simply walking can be cardio for some people, don't strain yourself by working out too much too fast)

Lemon juice, hot peppers, and green tea raise your metabolism, also.

As for the family. Just try to explain that if they would like to eat as healthy as you do, it might be different (dunno if it would be, haha, but it's a reasonable excuse) and that you aren't going to make two separate meals to please them. If they still complain, just ignore them. You're getting healthy and that's its own reward. smile

Dangerous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Insanity is crap, get P90X.

Dapper Regular

Do you measure yourself at all? I lost quite a few inches around my middle before I started losing pounds. If you can tell that you're doing better with your workouts than when you started, then you're seeing results. Stick with it and don't let anyone (your family) or anything (the scale) discourage you. n.n

HimeKeesho's Wife

You might be losing some inches and maybe not enough pounds or any pounds at all. Try measuring yourself, what are you eating? Yes working out is good but you won't lose anything if you don't eat right. It's all in dieting really.
Jebrone Kitty
Alright, so I've been doing the INSANITY workout training, to hopefully lose some weight and get fit. However I have yet to lose a single pound! D: I've been sweating hard for about 3 weeks now. sad Its really hard to stick to a diet since my family are fat pigs and don't eat right, and everytime I make myself my own food, they're all like "WHAT ABOUT US"? -_- I tell them to make there own s**t, than they act like Im some terrible person. sad
I don't know what to do.

If you're doing Insanity right, chances are you're changing your body composition rather than your overall weight. That means you can be putting on muscle and losing body fat. Muscle weighs more than fat, so I wouldn't be surprised if your weight doesn't change or if it even increases. My advice is to forget weighing yourself and stick to looking in the mirror (it never lies). If you really want to lose weight, just eat less calories than you are now. Doesn't matter what you eat, you'll still lose weight that way. But I'd advise against it with a programme as intense as Insanity. My advice would be to continue eating large portions, but change what you eat. Lots of lean and fatty meats (fat is your friend!) and veg. Reduce your calories by 50g per day, see how you get on for two weeks and change your carb intake again depending on your reaction (still fat = drop another 50g a day, lethargic = put it back up).

Magical Kitten

Well the best advice has already been given. Although I have no clue what Insanity is o.o""
There could also be an underlying cause to why you "can't" lose weight. Diabetes can work both ways as well as a Thyroid problems and others. If the above advice doesn't work try going to your doctor and seeing if there is something medically wrong. Good luck!~ Maybe I shall have to join everyone in the diet and exercise process...although I hear the word diet and then go eat enough food to feed a small army -_-""
Dark_Aoekae
Jebrone Kitty

I've always found that my metabolism was super slow. I would work out like crazy an nothing would work.

That changed when I became vegetarian. The foods I ate were still unhealthy (compared to veggies plain or health food) but they were vegetable fats instead of animal fats and that makes a huge difference to your body.

I've lost nearly 100 pounds since I became vegetarian.

It wasn't just diet, I've exercised some. But the important thing isn't how much you exercise...it's how and when.

If you exercise in the morning, it will raise your metabolism for the entire day. Get at least 30 minutes of cardio in every morning and you should definitely see some results. (keeping in mind that simply walking can be cardio for some people, don't strain yourself by working out too much too fast)

Lemon juice, hot peppers, and green tea raise your metabolism, also.

As for the family. Just try to explain that if they would like to eat as healthy as you do, it might be different (dunno if it would be, haha, but it's a reasonable excuse) and that you aren't going to make two separate meals to please them. If they still complain, just ignore them. You're getting healthy and that's its own reward. smile

Oh, I can never go vegetarian. sad I need meat, I vowed to never be a vegetarian.
Hayden Demauri
Insanity is crap, get P90X.

I like what you said, problem, I don't have the equipment for it, that would make it more expensive, AND the pull up bar, there is no sturdy door frame in my house the would even hold my weight, it would just rip right off, probably bust my head against the wall. wahmbulance
Godzillaindrag
Do you measure yourself at all? I lost quite a few inches around my middle before I started losing pounds. If you can tell that you're doing better with your workouts than when you started, then you're seeing results. Stick with it and don't let anyone (your family) or anything (the scale) discourage you. n.n

Its hard to measure myself. sad I also am easily discouraged xD
DCVZ
Jebrone Kitty
I don't know what to do.

If you're doing Insanity right, chances are you're changing your body composition rather than your overall weight. That means you can be putting on muscle and losing body fat. Muscle weighs more than fat, so I wouldn't be surprised if your weight doesn't change or if it even increases. My advice is to forget weighing yourself and stick to looking in the mirror (it never lies). If you really want to lose weight, just eat less calories than you are now. Doesn't matter what you eat, you'll still lose weight that way. But I'd advise against it with a programme as intense as Insanity. My advice would be to continue eating large portions, but change what you eat. Lots of lean and fatty meats (fat is your friend!) and veg. Reduce your calories by 50g per day, see how you get on for two weeks and change your carb intake again depending on your reaction (still fat = drop another 50g a day, lethargic = put it back up).

Lean meats are good. However I got chicken breasts and turkey bacon, and ground turkey meat. all of which is going by slowly.
I have ALOT of leg muscle and people are always surprised that I weigh as much as I do, my target area would be my gut. But I'm not doing the Hip Hop Abs. x.x I would look ridiculous.
Update: I'm hating my family a little more! D: My mom bought chocolate syrup and made brownies last night! Normally I be happy for this. But there is just to much temptation in this house now and its driving me crazy.
Brownies, Cereal (marshmallows), cool aid, Chocolate milk, Vanilla ice cream....
Didn't realize how much of a fatty I was...
I remember back in the day (only 2 years ago) I use to bike to DePaul and play a little some In The Groove with my friends eat 1 dollar menu burger from mcdonalds, and go back home completely fine and not hungry. I lost a good amount of weight than... I need friends again sad
Ignore your family. Keep eating healthy.
Have you been doing the program everyday?
Also, do not get on the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat, so you'll end up gaining weight if you stick with the program and gain a lot of muscle.
Jebrone Kitty
Update: I'm hating my family a little more! D: My mom bought chocolate syrup and made brownies last night! Normally I be happy for this. But there is just to much temptation in this house now and its driving me crazy.
Brownies, Cereal (marshmallows), cool aid, Chocolate milk, Vanilla ice cream....
Didn't realize how much of a fatty I was...
I remember back in the day (only 2 years ago) I use to bike to DePaul and play a little some In The Groove with my friends eat 1 dollar menu burger from mcdonalds, and go back home completely fine and not hungry. I lost a good amount of weight than... I need friends again sad

Introduce them to healthier alternatives. Like protein flapjacks (great tasting snack after any workout!):

Ingredients
• 140g of porridge oats
• 150g of crunchy peanut butter
• 3 scoops of chocolate whey
• 125ml of skimmed milk
• Tablespoon of honey

1. Add the oats and the whey to a mixing bowl and give it a quick mix.
2. Add the milk and peanut butter.
3. Get stuck in with your hands! (You HAVE to do this! No Spoons!)
4. Place into non stick tray and pat down to about an inch thick (you may wish to line with greaseproof paper).
5. Drizzle the top with honey (you may wish to leave it out, but I think it makes the bar).
6. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins (meanwhile, pre heat oven to 180 C/Gas mark 6).
7. Bake in oven for 6 minutes.
8. Leave to cool.
9. Whilst in the pan, slice into bars with a knife (leave in the pan).
10. Put into fridge overnight to settle.

You have so much scope for variety, like adding orange zest or dried cranberries. You really are limited only by your imagination and you know exactly what has gone into it. Also try to get your family involved in group activities so you can all have fun and burn calories together. It might help satiate their appetites too.
Try using the measuring tape instead of the scale for a while. The weight you are not loosing might be muscles that are replacing fat. But if you measure your waist, hips, arms, thighs - you just might find some difference after a while.

As for temptations - have a cheat day once a week, when you allow yourself some pizza or icecream or whatever. Also - ask your family to keep all the "tempting" food somewhere where you will not see it all the time. ( high up on a cupboard for example.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff