Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Because my oven is broken, and I'm allergic to peanuts.

It's really very frustrating for me, because I'm trying so hard. But besides fresh produce, I'm really having trouble coming up with food ideas.

Everything is baked chicken, and my oven isn't working properly, and every single protein item seems to have peanuts in it.

I can cook on a stove top, but I just don't know what...

I'm just so frustrated.
In the past, I would make stir-fry chicken. Just use a little bit of oil and cook the chicken in a pan

Divine Bibliophile

10,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
White-meat poultry, legumes, lean meat, leafy greens, low-fat dairy, fish, quinoa, nuts and seeds, mushrooms, soy products, and non-dairy milks are all good sources of protein, though, of course, some has more than others so you'll have to find a balance that works for you. Just about anything you can cook in the oven can be cooked on the stove, just not in the same manner. For a stovetop, try cooking things in water, broth, a light oil, or marinade, or steaming them depending on what you're making, and avoid things like frying, over-seasoning, or cooking in grease.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Just cook your s**t on the stove top it's not that hard.
If you boil chicken in water with celery and onion, and a bit of black pepper, it tastes pretty good. At least, I think so. It's how my dad always prepares chicken before putting it in enchiladas. :3 But whenever he would make the enchiladas, I would always want to steal bites of the chicken by itself, because the celery and onion flavor it pretty good.
I always cook it that way before using it to make chicken pot pie from scratch, or before making a salad with it.

Animal Animal

If you want really tasty chicken, make it with curry seasoning.

Distinct Seeker

As far as eating, do whatever you can do be healthy. Like turkey ground beef, chicken, fish. rice. As for snacks eat all the time, I relize you cant do peanuts, but theres dried fruits, wraps. smile

Clean Citizen

steak
i fry meat for long time, cuz oven don't work
i also boil meat, like chicken wings
i cut up raw chicken then fry in pan

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
neji_girl
As far as eating, do whatever you can do be healthy. Like turkey ground beef, chicken, fish. rice. As for snacks eat all the time, I relize you cant do peanuts, but theres dried fruits, wraps. smile

I was afraid dried fruits would have too much sugar. Are there any you would recommend? I love banana chips, I need a healthy snack I can do at work.

Distinct Seeker

Shark Bacon
neji_girl

I was afraid dried fruits would have too much sugar. Are there any you would recommend? I love banana chips, I need a healthy snack I can do at work.

I am a huge fan of dried pinapple, remember some sugar is okay. its better to grab that than like a zebra cake or oreo. wink
As far as what is really good for you, eat avocados! If you dont like them, start liking them!! It has so many good oils and nutrition for you. It took me about two weeks to like them but now I love them! My go to snack, and cucumbers!

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
neji_girl
Shark Bacon
neji_girl

I am a huge fan of dried pinapple, remember some sugar is okay. its better to grab that than like a zebra cake or oreo. wink
As far as what is really good for you, eat avocados! If you dont like them, start liking them!! It has so many good oils and nutrition for you. It took me about two weeks to like them but now I love them! My go to snack, and cucumbers!

xd Yuck avocados. What do you do with them besides make guacamole? I've never liked their flavor.

And I'll try dried pineapple. It sounds good.

Beloved Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Make stir-fries and soups. Find recipes on line. I shared a recipe for chicken soup in a post about celery.

Beloved Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
You can also do a lot of baking in a toaster oven, just make smaller portions. My house doesn't have an oven, I use my toaster oven for everything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff