Welcome to Gaia! ::

On days when I can't work out I feel like s**t. Over this past 6 months of being consistent in the gym, I've come to rely on working out to be at optimum levels for mood and energy. I sleep better at night on workout days. Hell, before a date or some social event I find myself at the gym as final preparation.

...I haven't worked out yet today.

Enduring Sex Symbol

Ya work out TOO zealously and you might actually hinder the benefits by not giving your body enough time toro perky rebuild and recover.

Trust me, for anybody serious about getting healthy, rest days are essential every few days. 3nodding
1-800-OMG-STFU
Ya work out TOO zealously and you might actually hinder the benefits by not giving your body enough time toro perky rebuild and recover.

Trust me, for anybody serious about getting healthy, rest days are essential every few days. 3nodding

I'm aware of this. I just go stir crazy on the days I can't work out because of this. My mind winds up all over the place and I can't seem to focus as well as I'd like. Not ADD bad, but still I can't seem to settle into something.

Enduring Sex Symbol

Revana_Blay
1-800-OMG-STFU

I'm aware of this. I just go stir crazy on the days I can't work out because of this. My mind winds up all over the place and I can't seem to focus as well as I'd like. Not ADD bad, but still I can't seem to settle into something.

FYI, if you require some form of exercise daily just to sleep properly at night you might want to investigate that. Good rest and sleep is essential for good health, and it should never be dependent on whether or not you performed any specific action or not just to get it.

Sugary Sex Symbol

17,365 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Buggin' 500
Maybe doing stretching exercises on rest days might help. I am usually the same way as you and a good stretch seems to do the trick at times.
So what's preventing you from working out?
Lady Kariel
So what's preventing you from working out?

When you lift heavy weights, you are literally tearing your muscles. The DOMS and muscular growth happens because your body repairs this damage you cause. You need to have a rest day in order to let this process happen. 5 days a week at the gym is a pretty solid workout.

19drager
Maybe doing stretching exercises on rest days might help. I am usually the same way as you and a good stretch seems to do the trick at times..

Thanks. I'll definitely take this advice on board. I've spent a few days researching meditation as well and found quite a scientific basis for its benefits. So maybe divide an hour up between stretching and meditation on my rest days will help with this. Would come in particularly handy on Sundays which have become fasting days for me (as repayment for cheat day on Saturdays.)

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
I've been doing housework obsessively since I'm pregnant and basically an obese walrus
The bonus is that your partner/family/pets/yourself? will really appreciate the effort
emotion_yatta
Revana_Blay
On days when I can't work out I feel like s**t. Over this past 6 months of being consistent in the gym, I've come to rely on working out to be at optimum levels for mood and energy. I sleep better at night on workout days. Hell, before a date or some social event I find myself at the gym as final preparation.

...I haven't worked out yet today.

Why not do yoga? or maybe even some cardio if that's something that you are into.

Strengthening the connective tissues in your muscles also helps with muscle growth.
On Stretching, connective tissue - bodybuilding.com

Noob

have an active rest day? like, go for a 4 mile walk, play a sport, do a dynamic stretch routine. like, be active, just enough to keep your energy and mood up for the day, but not so much that your muscles get sore, for healing.

Dedicated Smoker

7,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Maybe do yoga or stretching and some low-impact cardio or toning. Just something feel a little worked out. Oh, and a good full-body stretch usually does a lot for my mood.

So, yeah, pretty much what they said.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces