Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

It's very easy to "get" why people don't get why they're fat. They normalize what they eat, assuming everyone eats like them and it's just magic that some people are fat and some are thin.

The trick to break this is to just have them write down everything they eat, and compare it. Now, this trick doesn't work unless they're really serious, because a lot of people eat without even consider it eating, like snacking while on the computer or talking on the phone.

This is why weight loss requires a lifestyle change on top of a diet.

Shy Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
⊰ Even if she ate healthy, drinks like those at Starbucks and Costa are fairly piled high with sugar. That is why I tend to restrict myself to them once a week, and always go for the skinny option. ⊱
Some people abuse the notion of "it's okay to be fat".
Its only ok to be fat if ure like born that way or like medical issues.

Some people are just deluded thinking they're not killing themselves when they over indulge. Too much sugar = diabetes. It's a horrible illness... With all that weight, she may have join problems when she's old. Or heart disease, the list goes on.

You can try talk to her about it if you love her enough. She may become defensive and label you as a jerk for being judgemental on her being fat. But sometimes ppl need tough love, but do stay positive with her.

Hopefully she'll come to her senses soon enough. For the sake of her future children as well.

If she refuses to help herself, then there is nothign you can do. You might wanna start preparing to get ur finances ready up for future medical bills...

Conservative Sex Symbol

The Reading Insomniac
[Microwave Popcorn]
The Reading Insomniac
[Microwave Popcorn]

This might be fun for you guys to watch. Me and my boyfriend love planning out our meals and cooking them together. This is a new youtuber we found. I like the breakfast foods she cooks. c:

Dani Spies

How vegetarian-friendly is it? We're a mostly vegetarian household, though he does eat fish sometimes.

All if not most of the breakfasts are veggie friendly. I didn't really pay attention to the other meals though. Run through her playlist real quick.

I was a vegetarian for 5 years but just recently stopped.
If you're doing it for health reasons, wooo! c:
If you are doing it for animals I would suggest to buy organic meat so your money goes to farmers who are kind and respectful to animals. If you just protest buying meat those bad companies are still going to be making a lot of money off of every other person that isn't buying organic.
Food for thought.

emotion_yatta

Um I've been a vegetarian for 12 years. I started when I was a kid because I thought meat tasted/felt gross and I couldn't get over the fact that it was an animal. I have never felt any temptation to go back to eating meat and multiple doctors have told me I'd get sick if I tried.
Since high school, I've been more into activism too, though with how little free time I have now, that's mostly just showing my friends that being vegetarian isn't deprivation or unhealthy, it's wonderful and delicious and I've actually convinced a few of them, including my meat-loving family members.

My point was that by just not eating meat isn't saving any animals because millions of others eat it so those companies are still getting a lot of money. Therefore they can continue to inhumanely slaughter deprived animals.
You don't have to start eating meat again, I get that it tastes gross (cause it does, I still can't eat a lot of it. Bleh.) Just know that you aren't saving any living being by simply protesting meat.

I don't mean to come off as mean or aggressive, I just want you know understand my points above.
c:
What about people who are overwieght but don't really eat much?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff