Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Gaian

3,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
What are your guys opinions please, honesty. and no trolling. you do not understand how hard it has been for me trying to lose weight.

My only problem is I am 5'9" 255 lbs. My "ideal" weight is 140 so I have 115 lbs to lose but someone else told me that they put people on the show who are like 5'4" and weigh more then that so they would not pick me.

I really have been trying recently I cut out all soda and sugars and was working out 2 hours a day and doing zumba ( on mon,wed,fri) and I only lost 20 lbs. after doing this for 5 months.

I have been eating healthy ( except for a few binge episodes) for 2 years now trying to lose this weight I don't know what to do anymore.

Romantic Gaian

3,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Does anyone have any tips to help me lose weight?
without having to go on the biggest loser.

I tried doing their healthy dieting plans on my own but it cost so much more money then I have available.

If I do just try out does anyone know what I should do to get on. I know a lot of people probably try out but how would I get them to see that I really need the help?

Dapper Codger

Dezzy_the_Danish
What are your guys opinions please, honesty. and no trolling. you do not understand how hard it has been for me trying to lose weight.

My only problem is I am 5'9" 255 lbs. My "ideal" weight is 140 so I have 115 lbs to lose but someone else told me that they put people on the show who are like 5'4" and weigh more then that so they would not pick me.

I really have been trying recently I cut out all soda and sugars and was working out 2 hours a day and doing zumba ( on mon,wed,fri) and I only lost 20 lbs. after doing this for 5 months.

I have been eating healthy ( except for a few binge episodes) for 2 years now trying to lose this weight I don't know what to do anymore.

20 lbs is a great amount to lose in 5 months! How is that bad? You cannot expect instant results.

Also, what do you normally eat and how much?
Sometimes what people classify as healthy are still pretty bad-- like cereal, diet soda, and those 100 cal packets

Romantic Gaian

3,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish

20 lbs is a great amount to lose in 5 months! How is that bad? You cannot expect instant results.

Sometimes what people classify as healthy are still pretty bad-- like cereal, diet soda, and those 100 cal packets

no diet soda I know that is bad and no cereal. pretty much just a lot of fruits and salads and vegetables. no salt only sea salt. I eat turkey and I don't eat the fats of foods.

for example for breakfast now I have
either yogurt, fruit salad, egg whites and a piece of whole wheat toast.

My old trainer always made me feel bad cause she kept telling me I should have lost more weight then i was losing and she kept saying I was lying about my eating habits. but I really did cut out fast food. i only even eat subway once a month and that is like my prize to myself if I can lose 5 pounds.

I also no longer drink juice like hi-c and stuff. I mainly drink water and skim milk. I tried almond milk but it just did not taste good to me at all.

My mom says I might have a thyroid issue and to see my doctor. I keep my calories under 2000 a day. sometimes I hit 2000 but I really try not to. Ideally I like for it to stay around 1500 but my zumba instructor told me when i am really really hungry (not just a craving but my body actually wants food) I need to eat a small snack because I am doing a lot of activity.

Dapper Codger

Dezzy_the_Danish
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish

no diet soda I know that is bad and no cereal. pretty much just a lot of fruits and salads and vegetables. no salt only sea salt. I eat turkey and I don't eat the fats of foods.

My old trainer always made me feel bad cause she kept telling me I should have lost more weight then i was losing and she kept saying I was lying about my eating habits. but I really did cut out fast food. i only even eat subway once a month and that is like my prize to myself if I can lose 5 pounds.

I also no longer drink juice like hi-c and stuff. I mainly drink water and skim milk. I tried almond milk but it just did not taste good to me at all.

My mom says I might have a thyroid issue and to see my doctor. I keep my calories under 2000 a day. sometimes I hit 2000 but I really try not to. Ideally I like for it to stay around 1500 but my zumba instructor told me when i am really really hungry (not just a craving but my body actually wants food) I need to eat a small snack because I am doing a lot of activity.
20 lbs is perfectly fine! You did it the healthy way, not the crash diet way (which will give you the results that you want, but it's almost guaranteed that you'll regain the weight and then some).

With your cardio (zumba), I suggest some strength training to build muscle. While cardio burns more fat while you're doing it, muscle burns more at rest and increases your metabolism. You don't need do go workout everyday. 4 times a week is plenty! Maybe 30 min of cardio and 45 min to an hour of strength training 4 times a week. : )

Romantic Gaian

3,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish

20 lbs is perfectly fine! You did it the healthy way, not the crash diet way (which will give you the results that you want, but it's almost guaranteed that you'll regain the weight and then some).

With your cardio (zumba), I suggest some strength training to build muscle. While cardio burns more fat while you're doing it, muscle burns more at rest and increases your metabolism. You don't need do go workout everyday. 4 times a week is plenty! Maybe 30 min of cardio and 45 min to an hour of strength training 4 times a week. : )

okay. I am seriously about to go rearrange my calendar around that plan and going to look up some additional strength training excersize. I like to use the free weights when I can over the machines

Dapper Codger

Dezzy_the_Danish
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish

okay. I am seriously about to go rearrange my calendar around that plan and going to look up some additional strength training excersize. I like to use the free weights when I can over the machines

Free weights are better since they target more muscles (Look up compound lifts as well!). Machines are designed to isolate muscles. : )
My workout usually consists of 80-90% dumbbell work, so you don't need a lot~
As long as you're patient, dedicated, and consistent with both your healthy diet and your workout, you're guaranteed results. Good luck!

Romantic Gaian

3,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish

Free weights are better since they target more muscles (Look up compound lifts as well!). Machines are designed to isolate muscles. : )
As long as you're patient, dedicated, and consistent with both your healthy diet and your workout, you're guaranteed results. Good luck!

thank you so much. and ok that make since. when I use the machines it just doesn't feel right. at first it felt ok but I felt like I get a more all around workout with free weights. and I will look up the compound lifts biggrin .
Can I add you?

Shameless Conversationalist

8,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Good job on the weight you have lost!

There is no reason not to enter.
I wish I could get my Mother to enter personally.

But she needs to want the weight loss herself.
She just doesn't have any motivation.

Dapper Codger

Dezzy_the_Danish
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish
F u j i b e r r y
Dezzy_the_Danish

thank you so much. and ok that make since. when I use the machines it just doesn't feel right. at first it felt ok but I felt like I get a more all around workout with free weights. and I will look up the compound lifts biggrin .
Can I add you?

Sure, yeah! : )
Let me know if you have other questions!
You did great with the 20 lbs., don't listen to your trainer. Everyone loses at different rates--we don't all have the same genetics or environments after all!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff