Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Millionaire

9,800 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
have NEVER had this issue before. I recently came off quite a few meds, so I'm assuming that has something to do with it.

But I dont have access to my gym, so my exercise has been cut down to an hour a day instead of 2. I've noticed that ive gained a good 8-10 lbs.

I know I'm not pregnant (It was my original assumption) But I wish I knew what was up.

Have you guys experienced this before? how do you stop yourself from gaining weight when something like this happens? It's a lot harder to just "not eat" than it would seem.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
Drinking water helps to alleviate hunger.
worldcrafter
Drinking water helps to alleviate hunger.

I'll second this. I seriously upped my water consumption and as a result haven't felt as hungry as I have in the past.
just eat anyway, eat until you're no longer hungry and only when you NEED food.
I eat twice a day with many snacks in between.
Are you on any kind of contraceptive? I know that medication can mess with that and make your hormones go all over the place. I have the implant and sometimes I can go days eating barely anything and other times go through stages of eating like a complete horse, so I blame that.

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Probably the meds. They usually have that effect.

If you can only work out for 1 hour, make it the most grueling 1 hour that you can. Working out for more than 1 hour usually means you are wasting a lot of time on breaks and aren't increasing the intensity of your workouts enough. 1 hour is all you need.
Drink more water, eat more protein, eat more fiber.

All three of these will contribute to a greater level of satiety.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff