<3 or </3?

<3 0.6 60.0% [ 3 ]
</3 0.4 40.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Divine Zealot

Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Look into calisthenic progressions. Convict Conditioning might be a good place to start. The idea is to make the movement done in a different way. Can't do a pushup? Try them against the wall first. Then over time, your hands move closer to the ground. I wouldn't worry too much about situps, however.

Calisthenic...? All I know is that's old people stuff x) and I looked up convict conditioning before and all they had was pictures with no words ._.

Simply put, calisthenics = body weight + gravity - equipment

Find video of the progressions on YouTube. Here is a playlist for the Pushup progressions.

Generous Friend

Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Look into calisthenic progressions. Convict Conditioning might be a good place to start. The idea is to make the movement done in a different way. Can't do a pushup? Try them against the wall first. Then over time, your hands move closer to the ground. I wouldn't worry too much about situps, however.

Calisthenic...? All I know is that's old people stuff x) and I looked up convict conditioning before and all they had was pictures with no words ._.

Find video of the progressions on YouTube. Here is a playlist for the Pushup progressions.

I'll check it out later, thank you

Divine Zealot

Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem

Take a look here as well.

Generous Friend

Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem

:c but I don't wanna fly on poles

Divine Zealot

Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem

The site has tons of articles. Some of them are bound to cover what you're after.

Generous Friend

Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem

The site has tons of articles. Some of them are bound to cover what you're after.

. - . but most of the articles are about flying on poles.

Divine Zealot

Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem
Cellmate1234
Wraiem

. - . but most of the articles are about flying on poles.

Those "flying on poles" photos are used to demonstrate some of the strength provided through their use of calisthenics.

Conservative Ladykiller

Have you thought about getting a personal trainer? Don't try to leap into exercises if you have no foundations for it, you'll just injure yourself and yes, you'll look stupid. A PT will make a program designed specifically for you and make sure you're doing it right. They can be expensive, but if you do it through a club you'll get what you pay for and it's definitely worth getting the tailored exercises even if you only take a few sessions if it's money that's a factor.

Generous Friend

prinsye
Have you thought about getting a personal trainer? Don't try to leap into exercises if you have no foundations for it, you'll just injure yourself and yes, you'll look stupid. A PT will make a program designed specifically for you and make sure you're doing it right. They can be expensive, but if you do it through a club you'll get what you pay for and it's definitely worth getting the tailored exercises even if you only take a few sessions if it's money that's a factor.

Can't afford a personal trainer.

9,025 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
Cellmate1234
go about working out when each thing they try to do they just fail at? (The person being me) I honestly can't do a crunch, push-up or squat or curl ._. Halp me.

There are various methods. If it is because you're overweight try losing the weight first, if you are at a good weight where most can do a curl, push up, or crunch then try easier techniques to do them.

Generous Friend

Reptawr
Cellmate1234
go about working out when each thing they try to do they just fail at? (The person being me) I honestly can't do a crunch, push-up or squat or curl ._. Halp me.

There are various methods. If it is because you're overweight try losing the weight first, if you are at a good weight where most can do a curl, push up, or crunch then try easier techniques to do them.

166.4, 5'8'' tall or 5'9'' so It's a good weight.

9,025 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
Cellmate1234
Reptawr
Cellmate1234

Thats good, so if you can't do a regular push up? At least one?

Divine Zealot

Reptawr
Cellmate1234
Reptawr
Cellmate1234

Thats good, so if you can't do a regular push up? At least one?

Which is why I recommended the progressions before.

Tipsy Noob

Planks are pretty good (the kind where you support your body on your forearms)
Are you even trying to help yourself? By now it should be obvious what you need to do. Either modify your exercises to be easier by giving yourself more leverage, or start with something you're already good at and modify that to make it harder. For example, squats can be as easy or hard as you make them to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff