Welcome to Gaia! ::

I suffer mostly with chin acne, but I do get it right by my hairline also. I have tried many things but nothing seems to help much. On my chin, I get new pimples almost daily and they get quite large.

I have used astringents and spot treatments which do help to an extent, especially on my forehead and cheeks, but my chin never seems to clear up. Even when the rest of my face is clear, my chin usually has blackheads or at least one pimple bump forming. I don't know what to do.

Dapper Striker

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • First step to fame 200
Ah, that sounds exactly like the problem I used to have. Have you ever tried any natural remedies for acne? I could suggest you a lot of different ones to try if you haven't. Its probably cheaper than all the creams and spot treatments you've done before and its what worked for me. smile

Also (...prepare for a lot of questions x3) what type of lotion do you use for your face? What routine do you have to take care of your skin and do you do it everyday or...? Do you know what you're skin type is? Do you think you're eating enough fruits and vegetables? Do you use makeup like foundation or bb cream and such? Does your hair tend to get a very greasy feeling quickly? I'm not an expert or anything, but I've had a lot of problems with my skin in the past. emotion_facepalm
Don't be afraid to use more than one product. Combination therapyusing medicines that address as many factors that lead to acne as possibleis the best way to treat the skin. In terms of over-the-counter treatments, you can combine benzoyl peroxide with salicylic acid. Together, they kill acne causing bacteria, open pimples, promote exfoliation, and help remove oil.

Sometimes it takes a prescription-strength product to get the job done. If your face is not improving after a few weeks, visit your dermatologist for a prescription. In terms of topicals, you may be instructed to use benzoyl peroxide (at an Rx strength), topical antibiotics, topical retinoids (like Tazorac, Differin, or Retin-A), or topical dapsone (like Aczone). They also may want you to try oral antibiotics, hormonal therapies, or, in severe cases, Isotretinoin.

8,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
3nodding Dont scratch it ..because it will get worse.
Whatever you do, don't touch your face
wash/shower with cold water
avoid harsh chemicals
I found that gently exfoliating my face, rinsing with cold water, and moisturizing with coconut oil has been more effective than any brand product that advertises facial care. I also noticed that if I eat dairy I will break out gonk
Does your scalp produce a lot of oil? and how often do you wash your hair?

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Wash the chin strap on your helmet after use. wink

Sparkly Fatcat

I work with Aveda which is a naturally derived brand and a lot of their products are quite soothing and gentle. If you're skin is quite sensitive then probably avoid a scrub as you don't want to irritate in anymore if you have access to a liquid exfoliant (ours has salicylic acid) and use that over your face daily to break down the congestion. Also use a gel or foaming cleanser on your skin, and you should find that cold compresses or cooling face masques will help to sooth the redness and inflammation.

also don't forget to use a moisturiser, probably nothing too rich but still hydrating to prevent dehydration. If the skin dries out it could produce more oil to combat dryness.

Hope this helps sorry it's an essay! x

Shameless Man-Lover

I'm not 100% on this, but I've heard that chin acne is controlled by your hormones. So, if you're not already, perhaps get on some sort of hormonal birth control?
Firstly, if you shave your chin then try changing to an electric shaver rather than a safety razor. It will disrupt the skin less smile

Secondly, the most satisfying and hassl-free solution is to use internal means to get clear skin. The key is to change how healthy your gut is and the bacteria in your gut. Two ways of doing that are changes in diet (and/or dietary supplements). The other way is directly changing the bacteria, i.e. taking a probiotic. Forget those yoghurt drinks though. I mean a really strong capsule probiotic.

It worked for me heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces