Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
August 10th? The reason why i'm asking is because I want to actually lose some weight, and I would like to lose at least 10 pounds before the family reunion I always go to, and this year it's on August 10th. Also, how do you get and stay motivated? Any tips would be appreciated.

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
4evrSara
August 10th? The reason why i'm asking is because I want to actually lose some weight, and I would like to lose at least 10 pounds before the family reunion I always go to, and this year it's on August 10th. Also, how do you get and stay motivated? Any tips would be appreciated.
try losing 1.5 lbs a week. Cleaning up your diet and exercise should do that just fine.

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
try losing 1.5 lbs a week. Cleaning up your diet and exercise should do that just fine.

I don't really see why I have to change my diet. I get why I should exercise though. I really do need it.

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara

I don't really see why I have to change my diet. I get why I should exercise though. I really do need it.
Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. You shouldn't have to do much. Avoid sugary processed foods. Eat clean, try making home made meals. And eat clean carbs. Green Vegies and brown rice are high on my list. Drink water, blah blah blah. You get the idea

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara

Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. You shouldn't have to do much. Avoid sugary processed foods. Eat clean, try making home made meals. And eat clean carbs. Green Vegies and brown rice are high on my list. Drink water, blah blah blah. You get the idea

I usually don't really eat any sugar most of the time, aside from maybe sugar in a latte, or anything that may have sugar in it. I don't really make my own meals, usually my mom does, since I live with my mom and dad and I am stuck here til I am old enough to move out. I think I see what you mean though. It doesn't sound difficult. Although, usually when my mom or dad do make rice, it's white rice. I always drink water so that should be pretty easy.

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara

I usually don't really eat any sugar most of the time, aside from maybe sugar in a latte, or anything that may have sugar in it. I don't really make my own meals, usually my mom does, since I live with my mom and dad and I am stuck here til I am old enough to move out. I think I see what you mean though. It doesn't sound difficult. Although, usually when my mom or dad do make rice, it's white rice. I always drink water so that should be pretty easy.
the only thing i can say is avoid fad diets like modern pop music, which is also a fad. lol

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara

the only thing i can say is avoid fad diets like modern pop music, which is also a fad. lol

That is some pretty good advice. I think diets, even popular ones, don't really even work.

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara

That is some pretty good advice. I think diets, even popular ones, don't really even work.
eating right does work. Counting calories does work. Relying on something some guy selling a book says doesn't work. Either way good luck

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara

eating right does work. Counting calories does work. Relying on something some guy selling a book says doesn't work. Either way good luck

Thank you! I try to count calories sometimes, like by using myfitnesspal, but I get kind of sick of using it all the time so I only use that sometimes. I've tried to lose weight before, to make sure I at least get exercise, but then I would just be getting no exercise not long after. I hope I can stay motivated. I am sure I can, it's just I really want to not be overweight anymore. Plus, I think losing weight slowly would be better than not losing any at all.

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara

Get someone to exercise with you. I can't work my best unless my brother/coach is working out with me. Go to fitness websites or youtube and watch motivational videos. Don't be scared to try different types of exercise. Usually they are as follow; conditioning, resistance, weight training, strength training, and cardio. Don't be scared to try weight training thinking you'll look like arnold shawartzawhatever. If you don't like cardio try treadmills. I hate running outside, but i can run forever on treadmills. And if you have a gym, or are intrested, get a trainer.

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara

Get someone to exercise with you. I can't work my best unless my brother/coach is working out with me. Go to fitness websites or youtube and watch motivational videos. Don't be scared to try different types of exercise. Usually they are as follow; conditioning, resistance, weight training, strength training, and cardio. Don't be scared to try weight training thinking you'll look like arnold shawartzawhatever. If you don't like cardio try treadmills. I hate running outside, but i can run forever on treadmills. And if you have a gym, or are intrested, get a trainer.

I don't really have anyone to exercise with. I barely even talk to anyone, in real life, besides my parents. My mom just watches stuff on Roku, and my dad works a lot. I can't really do much in terms of weight training, or treadmills, because I can't get a gym membership and there isn't even room for a treadmill in my house. I don't think my parents would want to buy any weights. I know it may seem like I am making excuses, but I am being honest. What else is there that I could do, though?

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
4evrSara
It's fine. everybody's been there. Me personally, i can't feel complete untill i've done all the exercises. The 1st day will be the easiest. You will push yourself hard and feel happy. The 2nd day you won't get the same rush as the 1st so you take it lighter. 3rd day you try to go harder, 4th you might skip, 5th you stopped. Most people do thatish. You have to be able to force yourself outside or whereever and bite through it. If you are going to jog find out the proper way to jog. and take it easy the 3rd week and the 4th push harder than before.

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
It's fine. everybody's been there. Me personally, i can't feel complete untill i've done all the exercises. The 1st day will be the easiest. You will push yourself hard and feel happy. The 2nd day you won't get the same rush as the 1st so you take it lighter. 3rd day you try to go harder, 4th you might skip, 5th you stopped. Most people do thatish. You have to be able to force yourself outside or whereever and bite through it. If you are going to jog find out the proper way to jog. and take it easy the 3rd week and the 4th push harder than before.
Yeah, I didn't realize. Also, I would rather jog than run. Running is harder for me cause i'm even more not used to it.

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
Yeah, I didn't realize. Also, I would rather jog than run. Running is harder for me cause i'm even more not used to it.
I jog, i only sprint during training and i'm weighted down by a bus almost. Oh yeah if you decide that you want to more jogging and you push yourself and start coughing, take a break. You'll pop (throw up), and try not to sip too much water while jogging, cramps. But do sip on some water, if you stop sweating get inside quick and drink water. You don't want to end up like me with heat stroke, passed out on the road and s**t lol

Gracious Friend

18,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
bunnyhavoc
4evrSara
I jog, i only sprint during training and i'm weighted down by a bus almost. Oh yeah if you decide that you want to more jogging and you push yourself and start coughing, take a break. You'll pop (throw up), and try not to sip too much water while jogging, cramps. But do sip on some water, if you stop sweating get inside quick and drink water. You don't want to end up like me with heat stroke, passed out on the road and s**t lol
I have a hard time believing that jogging would lead me to throw up. In p.e. after we've jogged a lot, or during, I have felt really lightheaded before and like i had a bad headache, and have fallen, but never thrown up. Though yeah, heat stroke does sound pretty bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff