Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Kitten

Okay so after i had my daughter i gained alot of weight, my good habits turned to crap. i am now 100 pounds over weight and have been trying to lose it for over two years. i do well for a while and then stop, lose the motivation,and just get off track let my cravings and such take over again. any advice would be amazing, i am once again trying again. please no mean comments, i am really sick of those.

Gurunjiru's Widow

Demonic Fairy

14,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
Keep trying is definitely one thing! And you're already doing that which is great! Don't ever suffer defeat!

I've been trying to loose some extra weight I've gained, but have a problem with motivation as well. I'm currently living away from most of the people I'm close to. My husband has even been transferred temporarily to another state, so I only see him every other weekend. But from this, I found out that I'm most motivated when I have people around to help in my effort! If you have a husband, boyfriend, any family, friends, etc, around, and you have spare time; invite them to go out, jogging, just general exercising. Its harder to do things alone, not from fear necessarily. But it may help just give you some extra mental support.

Some things I do also is just add little reminders of my goal throughout things I use everyday. For example, my computer background is a picture of a couple I want to be able to dress as perfectly with my husband for next Halloween. My phone background is a motivational picture for weight-loss I found on Google, just to help remind me what my body could be like. And since I look at my phone at least every few hours, it's a good reminder.

Don't starve yourself of course; but also don't cut out EVERYTHING you find unhealthy also. Make sure to treat yourself every once in a while, otherwise the cravings will only be worse when you finally give in.

Something I learned from a yoga instructor food-wise: Try to stay away from foods in the aisles of stores. Stick to the sides, where they have food at their freshest, like fresh vegetables and fruits, meats, like chicken and fish.

Make sure to have goals to, and make a list of SMALL steps to reach them. Just having a goal in mind, especially if its something that may take a good while, may just make it feel more overwhelming than it should.

If your goal is to loose 100 pounds, start it out first at 10 or 15. It'll help you feel more successful once you just lose 15 pounds. Then once you get there, just start it over again for another 15 pounds.
It might get harder to lose weight the closer you get to that FINAL goal, but that's normal. So just keep pushing!

Those are just some stuff people have told me, or that I find helpful to myself. So I hope it helps.

One last thing: CONFIDENCE! STAY POSITIVE! Keep good feelings in mind as much as you can. It's good for the immune system, and if you can stave off stress, that'll be helpful in the long run as well. Sometimes when I feel unmotivated it makes me feel weak, useless, or a failure. Push those feelings out and remind yourself of what you can do if you just get up and do it! I think people sometimes forget how strong they can be. So maybe remembering it may help!

Distinct Gekko

12,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Partygoer 500
I've got about 40 pounds I would like to shed....
Backstory: that used to be 70 pounds to lose then I managed to lose the first 30 through food diary and exercise (joined a gym and took classes). Then I hit a wall. My feet were killing me and I was feeling deprived in the food department. So you backslide. But I didn't gain the weight back; maybe a few pounds, but I'm only about 5 pounds above my low point a couple years later.

At a certain point the diet doesn't work and/or the exercise isn't fun anymore. So....it's time to change it up! I'm doing a lot more low impact work and eating a lot of vegan food and I'm coming around right now. I had to make it fun again.

I guess the bottom line is, when you plateau, change it up. Find some new resources.
i always think of the feeling after a workout

gaia_angelleft emotion_bigheart yum_strawberry yum_donut yum_cupcake yum_donut yum_strawberry emotion_bigheart gaia_angelright

I like to think of it like this. You're literally never going to get back the seconds,minutes, days, etc. you're spending on sitting their, unmotivated, and upset. Your life and youth is so limited and there isn't a way for you to get any of the time back, so look and feel the best you can for as long as you can. You're going to keep wasting time away, and soon there will be health problems, you'll have aching everywhere because your bones are growing bitter. Work now so you can live happily for a longer period of time. avoid the drama.

gaia_angelleft emotion_bigheart yum_strawberry yum_donut yum_cupcake yum_donut yum_strawberry emotion_bigheart gaia_angelright

Shy Gaian

3,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I like to force myself out of thinking about working out and start doing it. I can't help but think of things a lot. So, I started stretching while I was thinking and drew my focus by listening to an audio book or music, which this helped.

Later, I got on an elliptical machine and music (or an audio book) and focused on that.

I have heare music does affect the mind when working out. Whether it is being in sync with the rhythms or getting an energy boost when listening to your favourite jams.

If I feel hungry. I usually drink tea, drink water (sometimes with cucumbers or chia seeds), chew on a few carrots, or have a small oatmeal bar to feel full.

It is best to have a lot of protein and fiber than carbs to slim down. Thay way your body won't feed itself on your muscles, it will use the fat.

Don't rely on motivation to keep you going, discipline yourself.

Feline Genius

6,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I give myself a lax schedule and just try to do it once a week or more if I think of it. The key is to be thinking that I want to do it and not dread that tomorrow is workout day. I do not set a schedule at all. Also I have a small workout to start and I keep an excel file to track the date, workout done, and how many reps. Next time I just aim for the same exact thing. If I feel I can do more, then I increase. That's all.
Getting something like a vivofit could work. I wear it all day and it counts the steps I take. My goal is 7500 steps a day. It shows me how many I have left, how many miles I've covered, how many calories I've burned, the time, and date. Also music like workout dance music is a good thing to listen to when doing cardio.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff