Welcome to Gaia! ::

hi, i have a weird hot sensation to the left of my right knee. it comes and goes and i firsted noticed it about a year ago. it seems to come and go and moves around a bit but stays to the left of my right knee. any idea what this is? i thought i should mention that i use to self harm just below this area, could it be nerve damage related? i should also mention that i am sitting for the majority of the day, could it be a clot?

8,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Could be nerve damage, but it could also be likely something else. Get it checked out, man.

Fashionable Sweetheart

11,900 Points
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Is your knee red or swollen? Is there any pain associated with the warmth? If there was a clot you would have all of those symptoms.

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
Do you sit in one position for long periods of time?

I've read that you can cut off circulation or lower your pulse by not moving a lot which can cause blood clots.

try getting up every now and then and see if that stops the sensation from happening.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Is your blood vessels/veins visible on that area?
it's most possibly be an arterial/circulation problem...you should move your knees more often..

if it were a nerve damage-related...your knee, ankle and toes would be weaker than usual and/or feeling like being pricked by a needle on that specific area ....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff