Welcome to Gaia! ::

Riimmy
It's called Physical urticaria. Just take a clartin in the morning. My allergist basically told me I might not have enough antihistamine ( said clartin because it works for 24 hours and doesn't make you drowsy. There's other ones you can take, though)
i odn't like dismissing things and taking drugs to get over it i wanna know the cause

Hilarious Swapper

It's called Physical urticaria. Just take a clartin in the morning. My allergist basically told me I might not have enough antihistamine ( said clartin because it works for 24 hours and doesn't make you drowsy. There's other ones you can take, though)

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Sound like heat hives, which I get when I exercise. I take an antihistamine like benadryl a half hour before and it helps a LOT.

Gaian

Are you in-taking any vitamins ? Perhaps take breaks and see if you can sweat out the rash in the sauna , provided your gym has one. I know sometimes those who want healthier looking skin , and yes in addition those who want healthier skin while working out will take vitamins and go into the sauna. Apparently the sweat is supposed to layer on your skin with the essential vitamins and replenish them from the minerals within.

Avoid niacin. Just a suggested treatment. Not to be trite but maybe niacin would actually help if you sweat it out. However be very careful, if not then it makes you feel like you're on fire and you itch, a lot. sweatdrop

Noob

NoirYs
S31D1

when i started working out and changed my diet, i started breaking out. it's possible the something similar may be happening to you. i would suggest getting yourself a loofah, i like the ones that arent attached to sticks or anything. use it dry before you shower, or in the shower, whatever you like. using it dry is rough, but it's more effective.
i use a wash rag when i shower though
i used to use wash rags, it doesnt exfoliate well. it's the same as using the palm of your hand compared to a loofah, you'll see what i mean when you get that loofah and pass it along your skin. i got mine at walmart and i think it was about 2 bucks, probably less, so if you get it and you dont like it, it's not a loss ;D make sure to get an actual loofah sponge, not the plastic ones cos that also does nothing. exfoliate well after you workout especially if youre going to the gym cos a lot of people use the equipment, nice environment for pathogens. anyways, idk whats causing it, but taking care to exfoliate can help remedy the situation.

also, reason out why those toxins are in your body, is it something you put on your skin? the equipment you touch, maybe your clothes detergent, your own soap, lotion, or it could be youre eating toxins in your food. idk, but no one is allergic to working out, dont believe that. this happens to a lot of people and i dont believe it's as simple as an allergic reaction to working out, theres a reason why the skin is putting up it's defenses and flaring up when we workout.
S31D1

when i started working out and changed my diet, i started breaking out. it's possible the something similar may be happening to you. i would suggest getting yourself a loofah, i like the ones that arent attached to sticks or anything. use it dry before you shower, or in the shower, whatever you like. using it dry is rough, but it's more effective.
i use a wash rag when i shower though
KimberlyAriel07
If a workout brings on hives, it’s less likely the perspiration and more likely your own body heat that’s to blame.

Sometimes at the gym, you’ll hear dubious tales of a runner who’s “allergic to their own sweat”. Chances are, it’s not the perspiration – it’s the heating up of the body through exercise that’s causing the person to break out in a rash.

Cholinergic urticaria can be triggered by several heat-raising activities: jogging or aerobic workouts are obvious, but also hot baths or showers, eating spicy foods, and even emotional stress can bring on the hives.

While a relatively rare condition, experts say that 5 per cent of people who have chronic urticaria also experience the cholinergic symptoms. In the United States, it’s estimated that one in five people will experience chronic urticaria in their lifetime.

Avoidance is the best treatment for cholinergic hives, but that may be difficult in warm weather or when exercising. CU can usually be prevented by daily administering a long-acting, non-sedating antihistamine, such as cetirizine.

If a rash does appear, it helps to cool the area promptly.
god that font is annoying on my resolution , thing is though i go biking and am usually active in hot weather and i'm fine , im one of the people who can walk in 90 degree weather sweat and not complain about the heat
Sugary Indulgence
NoirYs
Sugary Indulgence
My aunt also gets allergic reactions if she workouts too hard. Try not to do anything strenuous.
no point in me going to the gym then

Not true. neutral My aunt still exercises, she just doesn't do intense cardio (dancing, running, etc.).
well im on my bulking season so there would be no point for me is what i meant
If a workout brings on hives, it’s less likely the perspiration and more likely your own body heat that’s to blame.

Sometimes at the gym, you’ll hear dubious tales of a runner who’s “allergic to their own sweat”. Chances are, it’s not the perspiration – it’s the heating up of the body through exercise that’s causing the person to break out in a rash.

Cholinergic urticaria can be triggered by several heat-raising activities: jogging or aerobic workouts are obvious, but also hot baths or showers, eating spicy foods, and even emotional stress can bring on the hives.

While a relatively rare condition, experts say that 5 per cent of people who have chronic urticaria also experience the cholinergic symptoms. In the United States, it’s estimated that one in five people will experience chronic urticaria in their lifetime.

Avoidance is the best treatment for cholinergic hives, but that may be difficult in warm weather or when exercising. CU can usually be prevented by daily administering a long-acting, non-sedating antihistamine, such as cetirizine.

If a rash does appear, it helps to cool the area promptly.

Noob

i'm not a doctor or anything, but maybe it's just your muscles pushing out toxins? working out increases blood flow and all the blood flow goes straight to the muscles that are being worked, so maybe while your muscles are healing those micro tears that we get from working out, it's also getting rid of any toxins in there? idk! just an idea.

when i started working out and changed my diet, i started breaking out. it's possible the something similar may be happening to you. i would suggest getting yourself a loofah, i like the ones that arent attached to sticks or anything. use it dry before you shower, or in the shower, whatever you like. using it dry is rough, but it's more effective. if your muscle/skin really are trying to release some toxins, it can get caught under a layer of dead skin and cause rashes, you can remove it before that happens with a loofah. dont use it on active hives though, use a softer exfoliant on active hives to not spread it. like white sugar. and another tip is baking soda, just put it on top of the affected area while your bathing, or whenever you want. it's anti-microbial so it'll get rid of a lot of the germs that might be causing it. keep it on for about 2 minutes, wash it off completely then put apple cider vinegar on it. dilute to vinegar to 1 part vinegar, 3 parts water and put it in an old bottle or cup. leave it on for 2 minutes. your skin might feel a lot of stinging if theres broken skin, and it might get red, but it's just vinegar, it wont hurt you like other products. just bare with it, it'll be less painful if you keep doing it often.
NoirYs
Sugary Indulgence
My aunt also gets allergic reactions if she workouts too hard. Try not to do anything strenuous.

Not true. neutral My aunt still exercises, she just doesn't do intense cardio (dancing, running, etc.).
Sugary Indulgence
the last week i've been getting hives whenever i start to workout they usually come up around the muscles i work and are annoying AF , anyone got any ideas on what i can do to get rid of them

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff