Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Three month until my wedding day, and I'm looking to slim myself down a little bit. Mind you, I'm not overweight, but I do have a little cupcake belly going on.

Before, there has been NO motivation into staying in shape. None. I live in Arkansas and I enjoy my fried foods, or any food really.
I run a pit bull rescue and wrestling dogs all day tires me out. Sure, that in itself is alright exercise, but most of it is them dragging me around. XD So I'm so tired at the end of the day, I just want to sit. (Which usually doesn't happen....)

Now I'm thinking a realistic goal for me is around ten pounds. And then if I have time to go further, I will. Any thoughts on this?
As stated, I'm not really familiar with setting goals like this. I'm not sure if it really is a realistic goal to go by.

As for a plan, I'll be cutting out the beloved vegetable oil and replacing my sweets with fruits. On top of that, I'll be taking up the responsibility of running more of the dogs. I saw someone on here mention Just Dance when they're bored. I love that idea, so much, and will probably be picking up game remote more.
I also read that figiting while your on the computer was good for you as well. Though I don't believe that would add up to much.

Tips and hints are welcome.
XD Its sad how much of a noob I feel like when it comes to eating and exercising right. :X
In general, the less you have to lose, the slower the weight comes off.

I was obese when I first started. By tracking calories and going to the gym daily, I was losing half a pound every day during the first 3 weeks or so (Mind you, the first 5-6 pounds were definitely water weight, but it was still motivating to see the progress in numbers!). Now, my weight is in the upper range of the normal category BMI, and it's become impossible for me to lose weight that fast without throwing my health out the window, which is not happening.

Assuming that your body fat % is similar to mine or slightly lower, 10 pounds in three months sounds pretty realistic. I say go for it!

If you normally eat lots of salty things, you might even drop 4-6 pounds (of water weight) during your first week alone. You can achieve this by cutting down your sodium intake a bit, and/or by sweating your sodium out during exercise.

Pay attention to your liquid calories: juices, milk, soda, alcohol, the sugar and cream in your coffee... Those can add up really fast.

I'm not sure how effective fidgeting is, but I do know continuously bouncing up and down on the exercise ball while watching the TV is a decent way to sneak some exercise into an otherwise sedentary routine of the day. It would be even better, though, to just hop on a cardio machine while watching something on the screen. A good exercise kicks your a**, and fidgeting doesn't do that.

6,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
keiiii
In general, the less you have to lose, the slower the weight comes off.

I was obese when I first started. By tracking calories and going to the gym daily, I was losing half a pound every day during the first 3 weeks or so (Mind you, the first 5-6 pounds were definitely water weight, but it was still motivating to see the progress in numbers!). Now, my weight is in the upper range of the normal category BMI, and it's become impossible for me to lose weight that fast without throwing my health out the window, which is not happening.

Assuming that your body fat % is similar to mine or slightly lower, 10 pounds in three months sounds pretty realistic. I say go for it!

If you normally eat lots of salty things, you might even drop 4-6 pounds (of water weight) during your first week alone. You can achieve this by cutting down your sodium intake a bit, and/or by sweating your sodium out during exercise.

Pay attention to your liquid calories: juices, milk, soda, alcohol, the sugar and cream in your coffee... Those can add up really fast.

I'm not sure how effective fidgeting is, but I do know continuously bouncing up and down on the exercise ball while watching the TV is a decent way to sneak some exercise into an otherwise sedentary routine of the day. It would be even better, though, to just hop on a cardio machine while watching something on the screen. A good exercise kicks your a**, and fidgeting doesn't do that.

Ah jee.
XD I didn't even think about the salt I put on everything. <_<;;
Pretty guilty of eating loads of that. (In fact, I just covered my potatos in hot sauce and half a table spoon of the stuff.)
First day though, I suppose bad habits die hard. XD

As for my BMI, I'm in the "average" section. I can't remember, I know I get it checked every three months at the doctor. But I don't pay much attention to it.
I didn't even know sodium added water weight. I'll just have to really drop that down to a humanly level. :X

/flex
I can totally do this. And hopefully keep it up even AFTER the wedding! Lol
Well, since you say you're too exhausted to do anything after working with the dogs, try doing something in front of the TV like jumping jacks, jogging in place, those good things. And what about weightlifting? Lift something heavy as well, such as dumbbells or full laundry boxes, water jugs filled with sand, etc. Do pushups, crunches, squats, etc. Even if you work out for just ten minutes a day, it really does help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games