Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so,I'm going to give you my backstory on my current situation just because I feel it's important.

In May, I was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia that almost cost me my life. Well, after five days of being induced into what I call a 'coma', I woke up. The only probably was, I had developed complete drop foot in my left foot. If you don't know, drop foot is where you're unable to move your foot. For me, I can't use it at all. I can't push down, lift it up, wiggle my toes, nothing. I have to use a brace that goes from my toes to my knee just to walk.So I'm rather limited when it comes to things like going up/down stairs, or bending my knees because of the brace.

It's been hard for me to keep my weight down, because I've become less active then usual. So my question is, what are some exercises that someone with limitations like mine, could do?

In physical therapy, they taught me like lifting your legs up and down while laying on your back, pelvic thrusts while laying on the floor. Just simple leg stretches that get the muscles moving.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Pure-hearted Lover

Just fidget throughout the day.

Apparently people who constantly fidget / wiggle their legs / etc throughout the day burn up 1000 more calories than just sitting around.

I forget the timeline though, don't know if its day or weekly. But it's worth a shot right?

Also, I'm terribly sorry about what happened to you.
I hope you can get back to normal soon. :c
II Syndicate II

Apparently people who constantly fidget / wiggle their legs / etc throughout the day burn up 1000 more calories than just sitting around.

I forget the timeline though, don't know if its day or weekly. But it's worth a shot right?

I did not know that.
Thank you for your reply!

And I hope I get back to normal soon too, lol.
I can't really complain, I came out of a very fatal situation alive, and that's all I'm happy for.

Pure-hearted Lover

SpeckledTuna
II Syndicate II

I did not know that.
Thank you for your reply!

And I hope I get back to normal soon too, lol.
I can't really complain, I came out of a very fatal situation alive, and that's all I'm happy for.

I'm glad too. c:
And I'm sorry I don't know more D;
Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come by.

Shy Explorer

3,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
many people who have some sort of physical disability tend to go swimming for exercise , maybe bring a noodle or floaty with you incase you get tired while in the water.. ask your local pool what time the pool is less crowded at because you wish to ''free swim'' and explain that you have a bad leg or foot and it needs to be at a time where there will be more quiet.

also if you have the money there are certain aquatic physiotherapy pools places (Hydrotherapy) i have one near me, where they put the pool warmer for people who have joint problems or other body problems.. also athlets use the pool to.

because you are weightless in water there is not much tention on the body which alows people with physical disibilities to move fast and better in water then on land.

basically while in the water you do movements like you would do exercusing on land.. kicking punching stretching ,tai chi (if you know how) and obviously swiming.. all those burn calories which will eventualy burn fat depending on how long you remain in the water

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff