Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need to find someone I can talk to often that can help me lose some weight.
I can't go to my boyfriend because I love that guy but he says if I want to get something done I need to motivate myself but that isn't always the easiest, I always get motivated when I'm falling asleep or really sick but on the off chance that I'm actually healthy I have zero motivation.

I could lose about 20 lbs and be in a healthy range but my goal is between 40 and 60 (depending on how much muscle I gain and how I feel, I'm really tall so it's hard to pinpoint exactly how much I need to drop) , I have access to a gym but it involves trudging through snow right now (which is another motivation problem).

I just really need someone, maybe even a few people to really be there for me, even if it's just on here.

It would mean the world to me.

The past year has been overly stressful and has definitely taken a toll on my health and if I don't start working now it's going to take an even bigger toll.

I just need support.
The greatest temptation to quit is just before you succeed.. Dont be scared to dream, follow it biggrin
When one knows the reason and purpose of doing something, only will he/she does it great.

If you're really clear it's really concerning with your health, do it great hun.

I'm here for you
astral-reflection
The greatest temptation to quit is just before you succeed.. Dont be scared to dream, follow it biggrin

That's actually really great advice that I can also apply to my art. You just gave me motivation to actually work on multiple things biggrin
LaMiu
When one knows the reason and purpose of doing something, only will he/she does it great.

If you're really clear it's really concerning with your health, do it great hun.

I'm here for you

Thank you so much <3
Find a concrete goal and work towards it. Knowing where you are going is not a bad thing.

Lucky Risk-Taker

Motivation is hard, only time I found myself working hard was when I went though hell hard times call for harder work.
so set a goal, do something everyday like "jog 3 hours a day" if you fail to reach your goal give something up. best choice is money every day you fail give your boyfriend 10$. that will keep you motivated

Tipsy Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
Don't set your goals to high. It always sets you up for failure. The best advice I can give is start out doing something small. Since the weather is pretty crappy out, you can start losing weight at home.
I personally work out every time I think about it. But I don't mean full out; 10 squats here, 10 sit ups there.
It all adds up eventually, and you'll start to be more motivated when its always on your mind.

Another good tip is to do a quick exercise before showering.
Or, if you have a bad habit like smoking (I do sweatdrop ) you can tell yourself you can't do that habit until you do some sort of exercise.

Anyway, good luck! emotion_bigheart
The results are worth it
I have a good knowledge base on how to diet, and I can be a person to console with.
If you need to vent or talk you can message me, I'd be glad to help.
XenoReiji
Find a concrete goal and work towards it. Knowing where you are going is not a bad thing.

I've settled on a lower goal to work towards and it's actually helping me keep motivated c: It's been too cold to go out to the gym without risking an asthma attack but I've been doing lots of little things around the house.

komache
Motivation is hard, only time I found myself working hard was when I went though hell hard times call for harder work.
so set a goal, do something everyday like "jog 3 hours a day" if you fail to reach your goal give something up. best choice is money every day you fail give your boyfriend 10$. that will keep you motivated

If I had money to give, that would be a fantastic idea...but I do know what I can use for motivation, my boyfriend, roommate and I are really into gaming and I can always limit my video games until I get some work done.

Chels Lulz
Don't set your goals to high. It always sets you up for failure. The best advice I can give is start out doing something small. Since the weather is pretty crappy out, you can start losing weight at home.
I personally work out every time I think about it. But I don't mean full out; 10 squats here, 10 sit ups there.
It all adds up eventually, and you'll start to be more motivated when its always on your mind.

Another good tip is to do a quick exercise before showering.
Or, if you have a bad habit like smoking (I do sweatdrop ) you can tell yourself you can't do that habit until you do some sort of exercise.

Anyway, good luck! emotion_bigheart
The results are worth it

I've decided to set my goals at 10-20 lbs at a time. I'm starting with 10, then going to 20 and maintaining that until I reach my final goal.
I used to always exercise before showering, before my asthma came back. Now that's one of the big things holding me back but I'll definitely try to start that up again c:

xRacho
I have a good knowledge base on how to diet, and I can be a person to console with.
If you need to vent or talk you can message me, I'd be glad to help.

I definitely appreciate that! I know some basic things but I'm always looking for someone to talk to to help me through it c:

Divine Zealot

Here's my take on motivation. Don't bother.

It sounds awesome on paper. Watch a video, listen to a few words. Maybe even repeat a few quotes back to yourself. The problem is, you have to do this over and over again, and that takes time.

What you want, is a habit. There is a world of difference in exercising because something or someone inspired you too, and exercising because it's 7:30 AM.

Motivation has it's place in the beginning. Before you even acknowledge that you want to do something. You watch something like this or this, and you go, "You know what? I want to do that too."

If the future you have in mind isn't enough "motivation" to change, then change it so it is. You have to be your own inspiration. You have to put yourself into this mindset of, "I'm the only one who cares, so I must be the one to take responsibility and do something about it." When I see people out for their evening run / walk, they're alone. They've simply built this into their routine, and it's just something that they do. You have to be out for number 1, even when nobody else is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff