Welcome to Gaia! ::

Planing on getting a job soon, and I want to eat much more healthy. Can you suggest healthy meals and just good food in general.

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I think your question is a little too broad.
Healthy is obviously fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, healthy fats like nuts and avocado.
Oatmeal is pretty awesome. It cooks in the microwave and you can add a sorts of things to it: peanut butter and chocolate chips, cinnamon and apple sauce, honey and brown sugar. It's really a great breakfast item.
I think it's super convenient to buy a big package of boneless skinless chicken and cook it all at once and keep it in the fridge. It's already cooked so when you're hungry you can stick it in the microwave, have it with pasta sauce or a salad, slice it and put it on a sandwich, shred it and make tacos. You can do the same thing with lean ground beef or ground turkey.
Whole grain cereal is good to keep around. It can satisfy your craving for crunchy food and it's still healthy.
You can just make simple switches.
Instead of chips have popcorn.
Instead of hot dogs have turkey dogs.
Instead of ground beef have ground turkey.
Instead of white bread have wheat bread.
Not sure how much this helps buy I'm trying!
Oatmeal with banana noms! 3nodding
lima beans ... peas ... carrots theres sooooo many

Mega Gawker

7,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
It depends on what you are looking for.

Are you looking for healthy foods to bring with you to work? Or are you looking for foods at restaurants that might be better for you?

Here is a great website for healthy recipes: http://www.veria.com/category/healthy-recipes/?gclid=COOag__rwr0CFUVp7AodWS0AQg

Stick with fiber filled foods: Vegetables, beans, wheat bread, brown rice, fruit, and dairy.
xXxEver rosexXx
I think your question is a little too broad.
Healthy is obviously fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, healthy fats like nuts and avocado.
Oatmeal is pretty awesome. It cooks in the microwave and you can add a sorts of things to it: peanut butter and chocolate chips, cinnamon and apple sauce, honey and brown sugar. It's really a great breakfast item.
I think it's super convenient to buy a big package of boneless skinless chicken and cook it all at once and keep it in the fridge. It's already cooked so when you're hungry you can stick it in the microwave, have it with pasta sauce or a salad, slice it and put it on a sandwich, shred it and make tacos. You can do the same thing with lean ground beef or ground turkey.
Whole grain cereal is good to keep around. It can satisfy your craving for crunchy food and it's still healthy.
You can just make simple switches.
Instead of chips have popcorn.
Instead of hot dogs have turkey dogs.
Instead of ground beef have ground turkey.
Instead of white bread have wheat bread.
Not sure how much this helps buy I'm trying!

This. And try and cut out soda/candy. If you have to drink something sweet, go with one glass of like Pomegranate juice or Naked smoothies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff