Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charitable Receiver

12,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
So I've been taking a beta blocker, to regulate my heart beat, for the past month or so. Since then I've lost my appetite almost all of the way, and I've begun to loose too much weight. Any advice on how to regain my appetite while still on the medicine?

Omnipresent Hunter

If you just force yourself to eat a balanced, healthy diet with lots of water, it might come back as you get more used to eating again and your body gets more used to the meds.
But other than like, weed (which I would not recommend, but that's just me, if you're the type more power to ya), no there's no other way to really increase your appetite without either going off of that medicine or introducing a new one.

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
To recover the lost weight - I recommend buying some Ensure and drinking one per day with a meal for about a week or two. This will help restore nutrients and help you gain weight. You need to force yourself to eat - it's not easy when you're hungry, but eat 5 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals per day since that will be easier on your body since you haven't been eating as much or if at all.

You're need to force yourself into the habit of eating. After a while, your body's hunger can catch up with you and you may be stuffing your face and that isn't a fun phase to ever go through. Also, make sure to keep your body hydrated and pick out healthy foods.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff