Welcome to Gaia! ::

Grr, those pesky 3lbs from Easter aren't budging... I'm gonna stick to my exercise regiment really well, and hope I can get to the 160s by the end of this month!!

Sexy Turtle

Miss Esa
"A full glass of water also helps with this if you drink it right before your meal." as you quoted,

I find it not valued because when you drink before start to eat, the water weakens the nutrition that your meal had for your body.

I find it better if I drink an hour before eat and an hour after eat so I can have all nutrition for my system instead of having water weak it down.

I even had a experience- I drink right before meal, I get so full yes but I dont feel more effective than the meal I had that I drank water an hour before and after meal, gives me more energy.

[I am vegan]

Sexy Turtle

Day: 1
Current Weight: 161 [Highest weight was 198, in 2010]
Goal Weight: 140

Breakfast: Homemade smoothie of different fruits with some Kale Leafs
Lunch: Avocado Vegan Sandwich with Kale Leafs.
Dinner: Homemade Vegetable Soup with Cabbage.
Snack: Before 8pm, home-made popcorn with Extra Virgin Oilver Oil and some sea salt and ground pepper.

Physical Activity: Daily100, Dance Workout Wii (30+)
Apteryxxx
Grr, those pesky 3lbs from Easter aren't budging... I'm gonna stick to my exercise regiment really well, and hope I can get to the 160s by the end of this month!!

You can do it =D push really hard. Maybe try something a little different with working out? and a new exercise in or something.

Friendly Regular

4,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Silver Says - -

Ok everyone, I will be heading out to the gym in a little bit for the first time in about 2 years or so, maybe more, so wish me luck. I just gonna walk on a tread mill for a while. nothing to hard. Just get my body used to the movement again. Then off to the food store to pick up some meat free food for my diet.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
Day: 1( For Zumba)
Current Weight: 211
Goal Weight: 140

Breakfast: Mix between raisin brand and honey bunches of oats
Lunch: Nothing yet, something light though
Dinner: Update when it gets here
Snack:Nothing yet

Physical Activity: Basics for Zumba

So i did the basics because that is what it recommended. and let me tell you, it's a great work out. It's 50min and it breaks everything down then goes to tempo. I was sweating my butt off!

Angelic Blob

Day: 20
Current Weight: 115.# (-117)
Breakfast: Water; not really hungry, had some Trail mix nuts w/ raisins
Lunch: Dry Cheerios
Snack: Trail mix nuts w/ raisins, Crackers
Dinner: Elbow noodles mixed with tomato sauce, mushrooms, green beans, and fish. Toasted bread.
Snack: Yogurt... just because I want some.
Physical Activity:

Day 19

Angelic Blob

Bellyaches Method
Bunai
post 1473
Bellyaches Method
I guess I should've also asked if you like to cook or not. rofl But let's see if I can add some variety here for you...
Veggies: asparagus, peppers (green and red bells), cabbage (mix it with the lettuce for more flavor and nutrition), celery, eggplant, green beans, leeks, mustard and turnip greens, potatoes (normal and sweet), spinach, peas
Fish: Hallibut, scallops
Fruits: blueberries, figs, kiwi, papaya, plums, raspberries
Dairy: low fat cheese, goats milk (it's actually good, you should give it a try if you can't have cow's milk)
Beans: Lentils, navy beans
Chicken's good, but also try venison; it's good for you, tofu
Seeds: Flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts
Grains: Buckwheat (I know you just bought pancake mix, they make buckwheat pancake mix), oats for oatmeal, and spelt if you can get it where you're at
And don't forget spices and flavorings! black pepper, cilantro, cumin, mustard seeds, peppermint, thyme, honey, soy sauce

I hope that helped a little?

I can't really "cook" from scratch, I am primarily a microwave user and only use the stove for simple things.

Thanks for the listings. I was thinking about trying goat milk after reading about it in a Vegetarian Times magazine. Either that or attempt almond milk again.

I have only had deer meat once in my life and that was around 10 (i think) years of age. It doesn't seem like something expensive or hard to find... I will check though. As for pancake mix, I will indeed look harder for buckwheat.

I can never seem to get seasoning and spices correct, so I usually leave them out of anything I eat.
Just curious, do you think dieting is harder for you because you don't really cook? I always cook everything so I don't know what not cooking is like anymore.
And personally, I'd chose goat milk over almond milk. It's much healthier for you. Although almond milk isn't bad.
And you can get deer meat at the local butcher. That's actually where I get most of my meat, because store-bought is filled with, well, fillers. It's a tad more expensive, but I don't eat meat very often, so it's not a huge difference to me.
A very good site for spices and what they go with
It wouldn't surprise if that is the reason for slow weight loss.

I'll try goat milk next week if I can find it. lol I don't know my cities butcher; I am not a constant meat eater so I don't want to buy something I can't consume within some months. And I found a 'can of artichokes' in the cabinet xd heh better than nothing I suppose.

I also bought some grain berry pancake mix, that is about as close to buckwheat that I can get at the moment.

Kitten

Day 74

Breakfast: Bowl of porridge with chopped banana

Lunch: Sandwich - 2 slices malted danish, 3 slices ham, 1/2 tsp mustard, autum salad

Dinner: Beef casserole, 1 dumpling, potatoes and veg

Snacks: Shape Yoghurt, mug of Weightwatchers hot chocolate (40 cals), handful of brazil nuts

Exercise: Approx 23 mins of cardio (from an App called Boot Camp)

Notes: Downloaded an App called Boot Camp, and I'm at day 3 (I skipped day one, as it was too short), the exercises get harder and harder each day and I'm trying it out as an alternative to Zumba. I'll see how it goes!

Friendly Regular

4,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image

Silver Says - -

So I just got back from my work out at the gym. It was a mazing acutally. The gym looks so goo inside. I just stayed in the ladies part of the gym because I still not confortable with working out around guys yet. All I did at the gym was 1 hour of fast pace walking on the treadmil on randome. It was a good work out. Was not to hard but it was still a good. I did not wanna over do myself on the first day.

So after my work out I went to the food store and got some meatless meats to my new vegatarin diet. and I also got some vanialla soy milk to drink as well to give it a good try,

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Angelic Blob

Silver__Shadow
User Image

Silver Says - -

So after my work out I went to the food store and got some meatless meats to my new vegatarin diet. and I also got some vanialla soy milk to drink as well to give it a good try,

I intend to add meatless meat products to my diet.However, some of these products come with eggs and milk. So finding one is a tad hard. The brand "Morning Star" use to be milk free, but they added it about five years ago or something.

Anxious Human

Silver__Shadow
User Image

Silver Says - -

Ok everyone, I will be heading out to the gym in a little bit for the first time in about 2 years or so, maybe more, so wish me luck. I just gonna walk on a tread mill for a while. nothing to hard. Just get my body used to the movement again. Then off to the food store to pick up some meat free food for my diet.

Good luck! Getting back into working out after you haven't done it for a long time is really hard. sad I'm struggling with it.
I LOVE vanilla soy milk! I actually like soy milk better than regular milk. lol

Friendly Seeker

Apteryxxx

Exact same here. sweatdrop Been doing my cardio, but I maintained from yesterday to today .. I need to be in the 160s by the end of the month, too ~ Low 160s or even 150s before June. High hopes, woo! ;w; Good luck to us, haha ~
fitzy tantrum
Apteryxxx

Exact same here. sweatdrop Been doing my cardio, but I maintained from yesterday to today .. I need to be in the 160s by the end of the month, too ~ Low 160s or even 150s before June. High hopes, woo! ;w; Good luck to us, haha ~

Same here! xD Ideally, I'd LOVE to be to 135lbs late July! sweatdrop
We can do it!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas