Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cecilia Wolfram Davidson
Fuuuuuuuug. The peel is at my ANKLE.

O_o Bandaid time?

Lady Kayura
Today is my heavy work out day (strength training and cardio). Wish me luck.

Good luck! And awesome about the treadmill~
Wide grip pulldown 70lbs x8 reps x2 sets. ABOUT TIME scream

Dumbbell shoulder press 15lbs ---& 17.5lbs

No discernable improvement with deadlifts, booo! Still stuck at puny 60lbs. Not sure if I'll be ready for 70lbs next time...
keiiii
Wide grip pulldown 70lbs x8 reps x2 sets. ABOUT TIME scream

Dumbbell shoulder press 15lbs ---& 17.5lbs

No discernable improvement with deadlifts, booo! Still stuck at puny 60lbs. Not sure if I'll be ready for 70lbs next time...

Deadlift is my least favorite. biggrin

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Working out tonight for sure
-o- JUGGERNAUT -o-
Deadlift is my least favorite. biggrin

I love deadlifting; I just wish I didn't suck at it.

One day I will look back at my puny beginnings and be proud of how far I have come. But for now, I feel... well... puny emo

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
not at all proud of my workout

20 ab crunches (55lbs)
20 wide lats (75) and 20 reg (75)
17 minute elliptical
20 shoulder press (45, i think)

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I should get into the habit of posting my workouts here. If only Fitocracy could post automatically to Gaia in addition to FB. >_>

Lat pulldowns, bench press thingie, rowing machine, leg machines and then treadmill x2. Woo.
I made an account on Fitocracy. I like the quests and achievements, but it makes me acutely self conscious to have my workouts broadcasted to huge groups. I think I'll remove myself from groups for now. redface

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
keiiii
I made an account on Fitocracy. I like the quests and achievements, but it makes me acutely self conscious to have my workouts broadcasted to huge groups. I think I'll remove myself from groups for now. redface

Yay! It's really a great site. It's gotten me to do different things for quests so I see that as a good thing. If you change your mind about groups: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/5541/ That's a group for Gaians. It's pretty small though. I'm Kayura on there if you want to follow me.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Ab ripper from P90 and an hour on the treadmill. Good workout. I know I should probably do more with P90 but I can't seem to stay motivated without boything to help me. And I do like going to the gym and using machines there. I don't think it is a wise idea to use both since I need a rest day at some point. Today counts as my "rest day" from working my muscles. I am planning to visit the gym after I get off work if I'm not mandated to stay late. If all I do is my strength stuff and no cardio, I'll be happy.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Since I need to get up endurance again, I need to hit the treadmill

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Who here has a gym membership and is willing to share how much they pay?

For fun, I looked up the YMCA near me (less than 4 miles, whee!) and it's $45 a month for a single person. They have indoor and outdoor pools which would be nice and a rock wall. I am a member of a gym for free due to my apartment complex's plan.. but no pool or rock wall. I'd really enjoy swimming and climbing.

I just don't know if I should pay extra for another place or not?

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
my sisters let me piggyback on a Snap Fitness membership
Lady Kayura

For fun, I looked up the YMCA near me (less than 4 miles, whee!) and it's $45 a month for a single person. They have indoor and outdoor pools which would be nice and a rock wall. I am a member of a gym for free due to my apartment complex's plan.. but no pool or rock wall. I'd really enjoy swimming and climbing.

I just don't know if I should pay extra for another place or not?

I have my own in home gym.

The key point with gym memberships is, are they cost effective or not. Take into consideration the total cost of the membership and the term period for that membership and the realistic consideration of how often the individual will actually go to the gym and utilize that membership and how often they'll go within each week or month.

By taking all these aspects into consideration, one can determine if the gym membership is cost effective or a waste of funds.

If a individual is attending a College or University, then those individuals may opt to utilize the gym provided at their schools at little or no cost to them.

Lady Kayura

My local gym costs close to $70 a month, and they don't even have a swimming pool. scream There is a $20/month gym about 25-30 minutes (driving) from here, and a $40/month one that's about 20-25 minutes (also driving). But the expensive one is only a few blocks from my house, which is a huge advantage. The closer your gym is, the less excuse you'll have for not going.

Does the YMCA offer month by month type of deals, or is it annual contracts only? If you can sign up for just a month, give that a try and see how much you utilize their pools and climbing walls. surprised

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff