Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
So boything got me new tires and tubes for my bike thus making it rideable. <3 How sweet of him. I went on a 5.3 mile ride this AM and I'm surprised my legs are sore. >_> I really didn't think it was that much of a workout.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Had to bail on working out hard last night sad

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson

What happened?

I just got back from the gym. The gray weather is what I'm going to blame for feeling so meh. I did half the workout I normally do. >_<

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Lady Kayura
Cecilia Wolfram Davidson

What happened?

I just got back from the gym. The gray weather is what I'm going to blame for feeling so meh. I did half the workout I normally do. >_<
upset stomach.
I saw some good progress in today's workout:

75lbs squats! Almost fell on my butt a couple of times... but managed to go through all sets without falling. It killed my lower body and it was so worth it.

Also, got to do three sets of 105lbs x6 reps of pulldown.

Last but not least, I graduated from bench push-ups to floor/ military style push-ups. Finally!

My ab muscles aren't showing any noticeable signs of improvement. But I'm doing well with other things, so I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing... Hopefully my abs will catch on.
Lady Kayura
So boything got me new tires and tubes for my bike thus making it rideable. <3 How sweet of him. I went on a 5.3 mile ride this AM and I'm surprised my legs are sore. >_> I really didn't think it was that much of a workout.

That's awesome! I think the thing with bikes is that you work your legs without having your body weight on them, so you could end up underestimating the workout. I'm not much of a biker, but I had that happen to me once. I could barely walk after getting up from the exercise bike XD;

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
keiiii

That's awesome! I think the thing with bikes is that you work your legs without having your body weight on them, so you could end up underestimating the workout. I'm not much of a biker, but I had that happen to me once. I could barely walk after getting up from the exercise bike XD;

I think that's what happened. And I was on a road/sidewalk that had some hills (one that I actually had to get off and walk up on my way home!) I normally use the exercise bike at 0 or minimal resistance so that was a change. I just wish it wasn't so could and gray here. I'd enjoy going out if I wouldn't get frostbite! >_<

75 squats! WOOHOO! biggrin That's freaking amazing! So are the lat pulldowns. That's some serious strength!
Now only if I could do 105 wide grip... I WILL, SOME DAY scream

We ordered a squat rack and it's supposed to get here today. Exciting! After it gets here, I'm heading off to Sports Authority to buy a squat bar and weight plates.

My bro doesn't have a gym membership, so he's never used a squat rack before. He's been doing squats but without a spotter or a rack, he never got to work his lower body to its fullest (since the weight is limited by how much he can safely lift over his head). I'm looking forward to seeing him progress as well.

Friendly Citizen

How's it going guys? So I've got a question for all of you.

I've been doing cardio workouts combined with strength training [strength being done every other day for muscle growth & recovery] and I'm a huge nature lover. I love the sky, the flowers, the grass, the sun, whathaveyou. That being said- I really want to get out there and run- which I will.

So my question is.. which type of running shoes..should I invest in? Money is not an issue I just don't want to have to spend more than $200 for a pair. Anything under is fine. My feet are pretty flat- meaning- if I walked on wet beach sand, my foot imprint would be flattish but still leaves in that nice curved footprint [if that makes sense sweatdrop ]

Are there any particular brands-specific names with brands and types of shoes that you'd recommend?

I want a lightweight feel to it- has to be flexible, cushioned and very comfortable for long distances/periods of time. Almost like I'm running barefoot if you will. But I don't want the 5-toe shoe that looks like this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xD' I don't think I'm ready for that just yet but we'll see.
Death Before Dish0nor

Go to a running store and have them figure out the right shoes for you. I went to a Roadrunner and they did the foot test thingie for free. (The custom insole they made, on the other hand, cost like $80... but the shoes they had for me weren't too expensive, so together it cost less than $200.)

Friendly Citizen

keiiii
Death Before Dish0nor

Go to a running store and have them figure out the right shoes for you. I went to a Roadrunner and they did the foot test thingie for free. (The custom insole they made, on the other hand, cost like $80... but the shoes they had for me weren't too expensive, so together it cost less than $200.)

Oh cool, I'll see if I've got a roadrunner near me and test it out.
Thanks for the advice and info!

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
OW..

fricking heel. it got rubbed raw in one spot.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Whoo! My parents moved and didn't have room for their treadmill so they gave it to me. ^_^ Now on the nasty days I don't feel like going to the gym, I can use that. I'm pretty happy about that! ^_^

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Today is my heavy work out day (strength training and cardio). Wish me luck.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Fuuuuuuuug. The peel is at my ANKLE.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash