Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Citizen

Hey everyone,

So with all the latest craze and fads on these workout DVD's, have any worked out for you? [assuming that you followed it routinely with a good diet plan].

Do you have your own workout routine that you do instead of watching DVD's?

Apparently some of the workout DVD's like P90x for example, is supposed to get your body sculpted and toned in 90 days compared to some who take a whole year to get the same results.

Do you agree with these DVD's? Have you had personal experience with them and did they work?

If you don't use DVD's, what type of workout routine [for a beginner who's looking to get toned and sculpted], would you suggest? [provided that the beginner has a good diet plan]

Prince Yuriy's Waifu

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I was previously receiving decent results from Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. If you follow a good diet plan + do exactly as she says on the dvd, you should be able to shred some extra pounds & begin to sculpt your body.

I've actually seen friends who have started the P90x & have watched the results. Nothing is going to give you major results in a short amount of time, but you will see minor results from any of those workout regime within 1-2 months. Good luck finding what works for you!

Friendly Citizen

angel_baby_4
I was previously receiving decent results from Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. If you follow a good diet plan + do exactly as she says on the dvd, you should be able to shred some extra pounds & begin to sculpt your body.

I've actually seen friends who have started the P90x & have watched the results. Nothing is going to give you major results in a short amount of time, but you will see minor results from any of those workout regime within 1-2 months. Good luck finding what works for you!

That helped ALOT! Thank you so much for replying. I honestly was looking through some DVD workouts on Chapters indigo and stumbled across Jillian Michaels DVD's and was like.. oh hey, isn't she the one from the show: The biggest loser? So I'm like, cool, I'll go read some reviews.

She's got so many different types so it's kinda hard to pick just one lol but your post has convinced me to try out the exact same one because previously..I've been debating on the 30 day shred or the one with weights.

What equipment does the 30-day shred, by Jillian, require?
I think a workout DVD is great if you're strapped for time and can't come up with a plan of your own, and don't want to do any research about what your need to eat and what exercises to do. However, if you're curious and like to learn about how things work and to devise your own plan there are numerous things on the Internet you can find. It all boils down to doing something you enjoy. It's not the actual workout that matters as much as it is how consistent you are with it.

I personally use a workout plan from the Internet. I don't need to waste money on buying a DVD. P90X works according to some people I talked to but it's definitely not to be taken lightly. It is very intense. I think it mostly works because it's popular and people want to follow it. Either way I prefer using my own plan or something on the Internet and switching it up once in a while.

Friendly Citizen

Riaz-The-Brave
I think a workout DVD is great if you're strapped for time and can't come up with a plan of your own, and don't want to do any research about what your need to eat and what exercises to do. However, if you're curious and like to learn about how things work and to devise your own plan there are numerous things on the Internet you can find. It all boils down to doing something you enjoy. It's not the actual workout that matters as much as it is how consistent you are with it.

I personally use a workout plan from the Internet. I don't need to waste money on buying a DVD. P90X works according to some people I talked to but it's definitely not to be taken lightly. It is very intense. I think it mostly works because it's popular and people want to follow it. Either way I prefer using my own plan or something on the Internet and switching it up once in a while.

Thank you for sharing that with us, Riaz. That was honestly helpful.
And you're right- I was just browsing through Youtube and found some really good routines that I could try. I think I'm more inclined to do military type workouts and hip hop dance routines as both of them interests me greatly.

Thank you for the tip!
I've got one by Bob Harper that I do when I'm strapped for time, can't get to the gym, it's raining outside, etc... It's pretty nice. I also have Insanity by Sean T. and... I'm just not in shape enough to do everything he wants you to do. I've tried, but just the FITNESS TEST gave me an asthma attack.

Bucktoothed Egg

33,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
I have my own routine.
I feel WAY to awkward to do them. My mom likes them though so I guess what ever floats your boat.

I mostly just run and dance...sometimes I do yoga but thats about it

Friendly Citizen

Axis of Fabulousness
I've got one by Bob Harper that I do when I'm strapped for time, can't get to the gym, it's raining outside, etc... It's pretty nice. I also have Insanity by Sean T. and... I'm just not in shape enough to do everything he wants you to do. I've tried, but just the FITNESS TEST gave me an asthma attack.

OMG I've always wanted one of Shaun T's workouts xD; minus the insanity one, lol. The one by Bob Harper sounds good though, I'll definitely check that out. Was the insanity by Shaun expensive? o:

Friendly Citizen

ParanoidCactus
I have my own routine.
I feel WAY to awkward to do them. My mom likes them though so I guess what ever floats your boat.

I mostly just run and dance...sometimes I do yoga but thats about it

Oh good stuff. I was also thinking of compiling different types of moves to make my own as well.
Awe, how come it's awkward? I usually do my workouts in our basement where no one usually goes. Or just randomly dance in the hallway or in my room xD
It's all good.

Prince Yuriy's Waifu

Angelic Kitten

47,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Death Before Dish0nor
That helped ALOT! Thank you so much for replying. I honestly was looking through some DVD workouts on Chapters indigo and stumbled across Jillian Michaels DVD's and was like.. oh hey, isn't she the one from the show: The biggest loser? So I'm like, cool, I'll go read some reviews.

She's got so many different types so it's kinda hard to pick just one lol but your post has convinced me to try out the exact same one because previously..I've been debating on the 30 day shred or the one with weights.

What equipment does the 30-day shred, by Jillian, require?

Thankfully, it doesn't require much at all. You just need a good yoga mat & some hand weights. I believe most people start out with 5 lb weights for each hand. I actually started with 3 lb weights, because I wasn't used to the weights & it was still challenging. I will also suggest a sweatband, because you will be working up quite a sweat with this continuous workout. It's only 20 minutes, but you are moving the whole time.
Death Before Dish0nor
Axis of Fabulousness

OMG I've always wanted one of Shaun T's workouts xD; minus the insanity one, lol. The one by Bob Harper sounds good though, I'll definitely check that out. Was the insanity by Shaun expensive? o:

It would be except I got it for free since a friend gave it to me. I think it costs about the same as P90X

Melodious Sleuth

15,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Friendly 100
I have 7 different DVDs to work from so if i am sore of just crampy i can choose a different work out.
The ones I can list right now are:
Billy Blanks Taebo
The Firm: 500 calorie workout
a pilates one
a strickly ab workout
a yoga one (i like that one in the morning)
a tai chi one (also good for morning)

other than that having 2 dogs and 5 cats in one house can be a workout sometimes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff