Welcome to Gaia! ::

Idk if I'm in the right forum but just wondering If anyone has ever taken the antibiotics Amoxicillin and metronidazole.

Just wishing to know your experience. I started them today and I fear side effects and such..

Feel free to share any experience with medicine here (:
AlphaAndyful
Idk if I'm in the right forum but just wondering If anyone has ever taken the antibiotics Amoxicillin and metronidazole.

Just wishing to know your experience. I started them today and I fear side effects and such..

Not sure about metronidazole, but I've taken amoxicillin plenty of times and never once have I felt a side effect!
Katsyna
AlphaAndyful

Not sure about metronidazole, but I've taken amoxicillin plenty of times and never once have I felt a side effect!

Nice, how many mgs did you take? O:

Gaian

Amoxicillin is pretty common. You'd more than likely only feel side-effects if you were allergic. Nothing to worry about, it's just switching medications. I don't know about the other one. sweatdrop

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
I took Amoxicillin and had a light skin rash for 2 or 3 weeks. By light I mean, I had little dots head to toe, but they weren't contagious, itchy or irritating in any way.

Wheezing Fatcat

The worst I've had with amoxicillin was diarrhea and some light abdominal cramping, and that only lasted for a day. I've taken it too many times to count.
Trazzy
Amoxicillin is pretty common. You'd more than likely only feel side-effects if you were allergic. Nothing to worry about, it's just switching medications. I don't know about the other one. sweatdrop

Yea the other one is pretty uncommon I suppose... But thank you c:
worldcrafter
I took Amoxicillin and had a light skin rash for 2 or 3 weeks. By light I mean, I had little dots head to toe, but they weren't contagious, itchy or irritating in any way.

Ah so they were like pimples?
piparminttukaramelli
The worst I've had with amoxicillin was diarrhea and some light abdominal cramping, and that only lasted for a day. I've taken it too many times to count.

Oh dang why so many times?

Wheezing Fatcat

AlphaAndyful
piparminttukaramelli

I had heart surgery when I was young, which left me at risk of bacterial infection in my heart. So every time I had any kind of medical or dental procedure done, even a routine teeth cleaning, I had to take preventative antibiotics.

Just an annoyance, really. A BIG annoyance.
piparminttukaramelli
AlphaAndyful
piparminttukaramelli

I had heart surgery when I was young, which left me at risk of bacterial infection in my heart. So every time I had any kind of medical or dental procedure done, even a routine teeth cleaning, I had to take preventative antibiotics.

Just an annoyance, really. A BIG annoyance.

Wow that actually does suck, must especially suck if you've ever had braces gonk . Around how long into your treatment would the cramping and diarrhea start?

Wheezing Fatcat

AlphaAndyful
Wow that actually does suck, must especially suck if you've ever had braces gonk . Around how long into your treatment would the cramping and diarrhea start?

Not only did I have braces, but they insisted on pulling all eight of my baby molars before I got them. So many meds were taken. emotion_donotwant

Usually about four or five hours after I took the first dose. But like I said, it never lasted more than a day, and was far from severe. Just annoying.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
AlphaAndyful
worldcrafter

Ah so they were like pimples?

Not even like pimples, as there was no bump under the skin or anything. Just... little red dots xD
AlphaAndyful

The only real side effects are really smelly urine because of infection leaving your body, and if you're a female, be sure to eat yogurt and lots of it, because antibiotics are notorious for upsetting the good bacteria in your lady parts and causing yeast infections.

Aged Gaian

I have taken both. I have never had side effects per say. But be very careful taking eithier, especially flagyl (aka metronidazole). If you take too much is can disturb the healthy bacteria balance of you digestive system. I have and I got a colon infection called c.diff (which is awful). Flagyl also made me super thirsty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff