Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
I'm trying to grow out my hair to donate. I need a trim, but as of right now, my longest layer is 7.5 inches. I've been looking into various charities, and so far the minimum requirement is between 8-12 inches. My goal is to have it long enough by August (reaching the minimum shouldn't be too hard, but if I could donate more than that, that would be better).

So my question to all of you is: what are your tips for growing out healthy hair? I'm looking into it now, but I wanted to know what worked for you or someone you know, since there are a lot of different suggestions out there.

Also, if you have donated your hair, which charity did you send it to? If you were to do it again, would you send it to the same charity or a different one? Why? (I'm asking, since I've read some "interesting" stuff about Locks of Love and I'm pretty sure that one is getting marked off the list.)

Thanks! emotion_yatta
AkioMaster
I'm trying to grow out my hair to donate. I need a trim, but as of right now, my longest layer is 7.5 inches. I've been looking into various charities, and so far the minimum requirement is between 8-12 inches. My goal is to have it long enough by August (reaching the minimum shouldn't be too hard, but if I could donate more than that, that would be better).

So my question to all of you is: what are your tips for growing out healthy hair? I'm looking into it now, but I wanted to know what worked for you or someone you know, since there are a lot of different suggestions out there.

Also, if you have donated your hair, which charity did you send it to? If you were to do it again, would you send it to the same charity or a different one? Why? (I'm asking, since I've read some "interesting" stuff about Locks of Love and I'm pretty sure that one is getting marked off the list.)

Thanks! emotion_yatta

I take biotin and folic acid. it really helps

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
Few tips such as;
1. Massage your scalps to keep it circulating
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
3. Don't bleach your hair, dye it or perm it
4. Maintain a healthy diet - plenty of water, fruits and veg
5. Get plenty of sleep
6. Don't wash it everyday

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster

Thanks! emotion_yatta

I've seen those crop up a lot on different websites, so that's definitely on the list. Thanks!

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Auntie sindy
Few tips such as;
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
5. Get plenty of sleep

Ugh, I think not washing it everyday is going to be the hardest part. Thanks! biggrin
Auntie sindy
Few tips such as;
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
5. Get plenty of sleep

I always get weird/disgusted looks when I tell people I only wash my hair twice a week. I have really dry/frizzy hair. I just dont get it.
AkioMaster
Auntie sindy
Few tips such as;
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
5. Get plenty of sleep

Ugh, I think not washing it everyday is going to be the hardest part. Thanks! biggrin

Washing it everyday is bad for your hair because your hair gets more oily.
AkioMaster
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster

Thanks! emotion_yatta

I've seen those crop up a lot on different websites, so that's definitely on the list. Thanks!

your welcome 3nodding

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster
Auntie sindy
Few tips such as;
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
5. Get plenty of sleep

On that note, if I work out and my hair gets gross, is it ok to use shampoo everyday or should I use something else?
AkioMaster
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster
Auntie sindy
Few tips such as;
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
5. Get plenty of sleep

On that note, if I work out and my hair gets gross, is it ok to use shampoo everyday or should I use something else?

Honestly I use baby shampoo wash it's a good source.And with body is baby body-wash or Caress.
AkioMaster
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster
Auntie sindy
Few tips such as;
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
5. Get plenty of sleep

Not to mention warm water is actually bad for your hair,So try rinsing with cold.

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster
Auntie sindy
Few tips such as;
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
5. Get plenty of sleep

Honestly I use baby shampoo wash it's a good source.And with body is baby body-wash or Caress.

I'll have to keep that in mind when my shampoo runs out. Does that make it ok to use everyday or are you just suggesting a gentler shampoo in general?
All I ever did is avoid putting products into my hair. No straightening or blow drying.
If you currently have and split ends, I'd go get a trim.

My hair grows pretty fast so I just leave it alone.

Good luck ;D I donated mine to Locks of Love

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Raven Avenger
All I ever did is avoid putting products into my hair. No straightening or blow drying.
If you currently have and split ends, I'd go get a trim.

My hair grows pretty fast so I just leave it alone.

Good luck ;D I donated mine to Locks of Love

I don't blow dry very often, but I do take a straightener to my hair quite a bit. I'm going to get a heat protectant instead of stopping all together, because I'm job searching and I'd to look put together. rofl Plus my cut has grown out and my hair looks wonky.

Thanks! smile
AkioMaster
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster
x-ImStillBroken-x
AkioMaster
Auntie sindy
Few tips such as;
2. Biotin and Folic Acid
5. Get plenty of sleep

I'll have to keep that in mind when my shampoo runs out. Does that make it ok to use everyday or are you just suggesting a gentler shampoo in general?

suggesting not to use everyday or different types a single day. your scalp will burn like no other trust me!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff