Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Prophet

Hi all,
Recently I've noticed I have a slight double chin, or really a flab of skin that hangs right under my actual chin. It appears whenever I move my face or talk, and it really embarrasses me and makes me feel insecure. I'm not obese but I'll admit I'm about 10-15 lbs. overweight. I have been exercising regularly for three weeks so far (walking/running 1-2 miles a day) and watching what I am eating in an effort to try to get more "toned" and shed a few pounds.

Anyway, is it possible that the extra "flab" of my face is caused by my weight gain? Could it be genetic? I do have a very full face shape, naturally; as I've had this face shape even when I was a string bean sized kid.

Are there any exercises (that work) that could erase the flab?

Thanks for the help everyone. It's just one less insecurity I would have and I would love if it could be fixed. I should mention that I am not looking into plastic surgery at the moment.
It is most likely genetic and weight gain. You probably just store fat there. If it is just a little, I wouldn't worry, everyone has a bit of a double chin depending how they are leaning their head. If you are self-conscious though, just lose that extra 15 pounds. Good for your health and the chin will disappear.

5,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
hey, do you have bad posture? sometimes when i fall asleep or look down people laugh and tell me i have too many chins for a human male, but when i display good posture and look straight ahead it disappears, even when talking! i know sit ups are a great way to tighten up your midsection, if you could do them with your face somehow it might help..

*note: i am not a physics education professional, you probably want to consult a fitness expert before trying it

good luck biggrin

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
It could be fluid retention from either sleeping without elevated head, too much sodium in diet, eating salty/spicy things before bed.

Distinct Informer

The Mystifying Oracle
Hi all,
Recently I've noticed I have a slight double chin, or really a flab of skin that hangs right under my actual chin. It appears whenever I move my face or talk, and it really embarrasses me and makes me feel insecure. I'm not obese but I'll admit I'm about 10-15 lbs. overweight. I have been exercising regularly for three weeks so far (walking/running 1-2 miles a day) and watching what I am eating in an effort to try to get more "toned" and shed a few pounds.

Anyway, is it possible that the extra "flab" of my face is caused by my weight gain? Could it be genetic? I do have a very full face shape, naturally; as I've had this face shape even when I was a string bean sized kid.

Thanks for the help everyone. It's just one less insecurity I would have and I would love if it could be fixed. I should mention that I am not looking into plastic surgery at the moment.

I think I found the solution. Try drinking a gallon of water a day for a month. No fast food. No splenda, No sugar. Only water, black coffee, BREWED iced tea, plain, and homemade food. Weight loss is simple. Eat less calories. ******** pizza, slice mozzerela thin and slap some tomato sauce on a flatbread instead with veges and light cheese. It worked for me, no exercise, lost 16 lbs in a month, dub chin gone, but can you commit to it though??

Divine Zealot

The Mystifying Oracle

This is most likely the case. Our bodies store fat where it wants to store it. While there are some similarities amongst the genders (males for the gut and women with the thighs / waist area), everywhere else is just wherever works. For you? That just might be your face.

Quote:

No. Unfortunately not. However, by working on your overall fat. This works through calories. This should help you get started. Just subtract about 20% from the number it gives you, and go from there. If you care for exercise, 3-4 times a week of about 40-60 minutes each should suffice.

As for the word "tone," read this.

ShakeZor's Waifu

Big Trash

Hey I have the same thing. Weight loss didn't really work for me, but drinking extra water and holding your head up high is nice. I still feel really self conscious smiling in pictures because I feel like it just pops right out? But yea if it's small no one really notices except you probably.
To get rid of a double chin, it is essential to keep your facial muscles toned and give the muscles in your jaw line a workout. One of the best ways to do that is to chew sugarless gum. Sugar free chewing gum can even help you maintain healthy teeth and gums.

Simply chew sugarless gum several times a day to reduce your double chin as quickly as possible.

When cocoa butter is used regularly, it will improve the elasticity of your skin and help get rid of your double chin.

Slightly warm a few tablespoons of cocoa butter in the microwave.
Gently massage the warm oil into your neck and double chin for several minutes.
Do this twice a day, before taking a bath in the morning and every night before going to bed.

Regular neck massage with wheat germ oil is another effective way to get rid of a double chin. Wheat germ oil has the goodness of vitamin E oil that will nourish and help tighten the skin.

Before going to bed, rub some wheat germ oil gently around the chin area.
Gently massage upwards from the bottom of the neck to the chin for 10 to 15 minutes.
Leave the oil on your skin overnight.
Repeat regularly to soon notice improvement in the appearance of your double chin.

An egg white mask can be of great help in getting rid of a double chin because it has a skin tightening effect. Egg whites are also good for the overall health of the skin.

Whisk together two egg whites, one tablespoon each of milk, honey and lemon juice.
Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil.
Apply this mask to the skin around your chin and neck area.
Leave it on for 30 minutes.
Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry your skin.
Do this once daily for quick results.

You can also make a natural mask with glycerin to get rid of a double chin.

Make a mask by mixing one tablespoon of glycerin, one-half tablespoon of Epsom salt and a few drops of peppermint oil.
Use a cotton pad to apply it on the neck and chin area.
Leave it on for several minutes so that it absorbs into the skin.
Wash the area thoroughly with cool water.
Do this three to five times a week to get positive results.

Chin exercises can help stretch and tone your face, neck, and jaw muscles, thereby helping you get rid of your double chin. They will also strengthen your chin and neck muscles and relieve stiffness.

While keeping your spine erect, slowly tilt your head back until you are looking at the ceiling and then pucker up your lips in a pout. Hold this position for five counts and then release. Repeat 5 to 10 times in a row. Do this daily at least for a few weeks.
Another exercise involves gently turning your head clockwise and then anticlockwise, keeping your spine straight all the while. Do 5 to 10 repetitions of this exercise, about three times a day for several weeks.

Note: You can do these exercises while sitting or standing but make sure to keep your spine erect.

Magical Prophet

Exohrae
The Mystifying Oracle
Hi all,

I think I found the solution. Try drinking a gallon of water a day for a month. No fast food. No splenda, No sugar. Only water, black coffee, BREWED iced tea, plain, and homemade food. Weight loss is simple. Eat less calories. ******** pizza, slice mozzerela thin and slap some tomato sauce on a flatbread instead with veges and light cheese. It worked for me, no exercise, lost 16 lbs in a month, dub chin gone, but can you commit to it though??

Yes, I think I could! That pizza sounds delicious, haha.

Magical Prophet

stop dreaming
hey, do you have bad posture? sometimes when i fall asleep or look down people laugh and tell me i have too many chins for a human male, but when i display good posture and look straight ahead it disappears, even when talking! i know sit ups are a great way to tighten up your midsection, if you could do them with your face somehow it might help..

*note: i am not a physics education professional, you probably want to consult a fitness expert before trying it

good luck biggrin

I think I do have bad posture, so that obviously does not help my situation. rolleyes

Magical Prophet

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I couldn't reply to everyone personally but I will take everyone's advice into consideration and definitely try some of these methods. Let's hope for the best and thanks again!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff