Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thrilled Enthusiast

7,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
Gotta have patience first. Someone can try alot of diets out there...but they're not all healthy...I know. I used to bodybuild and was caught up in that high animal protein belief. I've also had quite a few friends also eating the same. Too much animal protein causes acid build up in system which then ur body has to pull calcium out of ur bones to equalize ur ph. This causes osteoporosis..osteoarthritis..kidney stones..gallbladder problems and more. Many of my fellow bodybuilder friends on the same diet experienced these things. Amazingly I have discovered eating vegan..especially raw vegan...veggies, fruits, leafy greens, a little nuts n seeds...cures these problems. It also helps you reach your proper weight. The main thing in making the change thou is to eat alot...cause raw vegan food is very low in calories compared to cooked foods esp fatty foods. if you don't eat enough, you'll want to binge later and that won't help you. Best to you!

Divine Star

4,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Market Browser 100
Sakura Yuki Ai
Gotta have patience first. Someone can try alot of diets out there...but they're not all healthy...I know. I used to bodybuild and was caught up in that high animal protein belief. I've also had quite a few friends also eating the same. Too much animal protein causes acid build up in system which then ur body has to pull calcium out of ur bones to equalize ur ph. This causes osteoporosis..osteoarthritis..kidney stones..gallbladder problems and more. Many of my fellow bodybuilder friends on the same diet experienced these things. Amazingly I have discovered eating vegan..especially raw vegan...veggies, fruits, leafy greens, a little nuts n seeds...cures these problems. It also helps you reach your proper weight. The main thing in making the change thou is to eat alot...cause raw vegan food is very low in calories compared to cooked foods esp fatty foods. if you don't eat enough, you'll want to binge later and that won't help you. Best to you!

Thank you for this information. I will be discussing Healthy Diet changes with my doctor before hand to ensure that I'm not going on a dangerous diet. This is really helpful and a great warning.
Change what you eat. Not how much. So many people get calorie reduction wrong that they push their body into survival mode to protect against what it perceives to be starvation. The result is their metabolism slows to the point that stubborn fat becomes even more stubborn. It can therefore be more effective to forget calorie counting (who has the time and patience for that anyway?) and just eat healthier and move more.

Lean meats, poultry, fish, dairy, nuts, seeds, fruit and vegetables. Doesn't get more simple than that.

For you workouts, shorter but more intense circuits are far better than boring, steady-state cardio. Sprints, jumping rope, callisthenics, and lifting weights are all winners.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff