Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Are you a food addict?

Yes 0.43478260869565 43.5% [ 10 ]
No 0.43478260869565 43.5% [ 10 ]
That's not a thing. 0.1304347826087 13.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]

It might not sound legit to those of you who have never been compelled to get up at 3 a.m. and drive around town looking for an open store to satisfy a pizza craving, but I think food addiction is a real thing, and it's been responsible for every one of my perfectly nutritious and filling diets failing after only a few weeks.

Are you a food addict? Do you crave particular tastes when you're not even hungry so much that you feel completely out of control? It sounds so ridiculous to people who have never experienced this compulsion to overeat that I don't even know where to find treatment or support.

Partying Prophet

gubbermint
TokenCollector>>>
Diets usually don't work (trust me i've done it). You lose weight and soon as you get to your desired weight you start eating again. If you want to lose weight and keep it like that you have to make a life style change. Eat healthy + exercise. c:
User Image Goal;; 5,000,000!
By "diet" I just meant changing what I eat every day from unhealthy to healthy foods, not like a set period of strict caloric restriction. I know that the modern sense of "diet" always fails because too much restriction always ends in a binge. I'm saying that I binge on unhealthy foods even when I'm not counting calories or macronutrients and only trying to round out nutrition.

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Food addiction is an ED just like anorexia or binge eating.
Counseling can help.
If you find what triggers you to eat(stress, fear of abandonment etc) these things can be avoided.

Dog

i spent more time eating this week than studying for my exams ok, good thing i have a fats metabolism so i dont get fat ;D

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Yeah, it's definitely real. And it sucks (I know). It's even worse when you get profession food experience so you REALLY know food. I know from experience (if you couldn't already guess). My food cravings are usually more general and vague. Usually just something to munch on, a particular texture or flavor profile.
It sounds like an excuse to eat.
Why would I need to excuse eating? I've already admitted that I eat too much and want to stop.

Premium Trainer

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
i eat because im sad and im sad because im fat lol jk naaa i stay healthy.
Yep. Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is a thing. I've definitely gone through periods of eating way too much way too often, although mine were interspersed with periods of eating way too little way too rarely.

No worries, counseling's great. I highly recommend it. Even just talking to someone who can help you find the reasons for your eating patterns.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff