Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay
So
I'm on my journey to loss weight, but the main problem I am having is finding something to do for exercise
See, I have a treadmill, and all this other equipment, but the problem is, I either can't get to it because my mum is a hoarder and I physically can not reach it, or my dad has it hidden in his garage
So, what I was thinking, what if I happen to run in place for anywhere from 45 mins to a hour or more each day in my room. Is that an effective way to lose weight?
I can't go outiside since it's like -284264837 degrees out there and I would die.

Enduring Dabbler

Well it is a way to work out at least, I run in place for about half an hour for a warm up but other than that I would try to incorporate other things into your work out routine. Is it cardio that you are looking into mostly?

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
It might be effective. But is there any way you can get access to that treadmill? Like by bringing some friends over and digging it out of the heap, and putting it in your room?
running in place gets rly monotonous after 2 minutes lol
the point of running is to build endurance and for you to enjoy it too
so I suggest bundling up or start a cardio regime when better weather comes around but do other exercises or download a Nike training club app lol

it's -17 in Minnesota all the time and I go on 5 mile runs all the time so it's not impossible
Google Zwow (Zuzana) and you can get free all body weight routines on her site she's AMAZING. Has beginner variations short workouts and you will sweat so much. Cardio strength mix. Seriously good stuff.

Shy Loverboy

NO Teddy Hates You
I can't go outiside since it's like -284264837 degrees out there and I would die.
It better really be that number... I've been walking in -10 degrees and freezing my a** off...
as for advice go check out hasfit.com or there videos on youtube they'll help you alot
Dark Ryuu666
Well it is a way to work out at least, I run in place for about half an hour for a warm up but other than that I would try to incorporate other things into your work out routine. Is it cardio that you are looking into mostly?

I was planning on looking up different styles to exercise, but it was 9pm and I was tired so I thought, Hey! Let me do at least something. Yes, I am looking into cardio most.
Great Lakes haze
It might be effective. But is there any way you can get access to that treadmill? Like by bringing some friends over and digging it out of the heap, and putting it in your room?

No, not at all. You literally can't see anymore. I would bring my friends over, but they wouldn't be much of a help, the only friends I really have are dating and they suck each others faces off all the time.
Do bodyweight exercises. Air squats, Push-ups, Crunches, Leg Raises, Lunges, Glute bridges. Look around on the internet and on different forums and find a routine or plan you enjoy. Aeri_Adore suggested to take a look at this site: Zwow. It might be exactly what you're looking for. Take it slow at first and don't get discouraged.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Have you tried talking to your mother or father about your situation? I wouldn't be surprised if you tried, but that's not always the case. Probably doesn't help if your mother, like my father, isn't really interested in seeking help.
You can run in place for a warm up, but like has been said, it'll get boring very quickly. Youtube 8 minute workouts, google room work outs. You don't need fancy equipment to get fit and stay fit. Jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, calf raises, planks, arm circles, dancing in your room screaming your lungs out, vacuuming the floor, doing dishes, mopping, playing piano -

did you know playing piano for 30 minutes burns 100 calories? That's the same as walking a mile.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
NO Teddy Hates You
Great Lakes haze

No, not at all. You literally can't see anymore. I would bring my friends over, but they wouldn't be much of a help, the only friends I really have are dating and they suck each others faces off all the time.

The friends, blaugh

Okay, so it sounds like it's a matter of finding some form of exercise you can do in your room until the weather warms up. Whatever area you live in, that probably won't be more than four to six weeks, maybe eight if you live in the north. So what if you take some of the other posters suggestions and create an indoor routine that'll tide you over till then?

But if you can get outside at all during that time, it'll help a lot. I lost 50 pounds with no other form of exercise than walking, so I recommend it.

Friendly Citizen

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but definitely check out Fitness Blender's channel on Youtube when you have the time : )

They've got a wide variety of exercises -mostly dumbbells or bodyweight/cardio exercises that you can do at home~ anywhere from 10mins and up.

They give feedback in the comments too and their videos themselves are quite easy to follow.
Super Fightin Prototype
Have you tried talking to your mother or father about your situation? I wouldn't be surprised if you tried, but that's not always the case. Probably doesn't help if your mother, like my father, isn't really interested in seeking help.

My father understands I want to loss weight, and so does my mother.
See, my family, most of them, are overweight, and all of them refuse to loss some weight. Literally last night for dinner, my dad added like, 5 whole scoops of butter in this little container of potatoes, let's just say I didn't have many of those.
They don't help me out that much, and I don't have a job to buy my own food.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff