Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

Lady Kayura
Chibi Halo
          I finally broke down and bought one yesterday. I'm finding that when I'm away from the computer I tend to move around a lot. In fact, it's to the point where I keep readjusting my daily step goals today. At first I was all, "I'll set it at one thousand." And then I synched to the app and I was all, "No wait, I'll set it at two thousand." So I started going about doing my usual stuff and I looked again and now I'm all, "Better bump it up to three thousand." I put that thing on my pocket as early as I can and keep it on all day long. Years back with an old pedometer I had the booklet said that's what you do because you get in steps all through the day.

The thing I'm still trying to figure out is the whole sleep Vs. being awake thing because I did physically get up and walk to the bathroom once during the night. I wonder if it monitors when you move around or something because it said I woke up seven times from when I went to sleep and when I actually finally dragged myself out of bed and stopped the stopwatch. The sleep stuff and the actual calories I should be eating in order to drop the poundage I want to drop this year are going to take a while to figure out. I definitely know it's going to take time and will be an entire lifestyle change instead of a quick fix diet, which is why I'm not frustrated at all that I haven't figured everything out immediately.

It can be a bit confusing at first. It does monitor your movement when you are sleeping. I think it detects movement and once it detects a certain amount of movement, it deems yo awake. But it still counts steps so when you get up to use the rest room, it counts that.

I've found that using mine to follow my steps and activity is helping me lose the weight. And I find myself walking more to get my weekly count. xD

Yeah I kind of figured that it would consider people who go from the back to the side and all the time they grab and adjust the blankets as being awake. And guess what, I have to bump up my step goal for tomorrow. Three thousand is turning out to be too little for me. I'm going to have to push it up to five thousand. I blasted past it by eleven hundred steps. xp

Anxious Unicorn

I use an app on my iPod touch that's called Calorie Counter. It's kinda like that. :O

Sparkling Senshi

57,125 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I found I'm an awful sleeper using it. It doesn't help that I snooze on the alarm about three times before I manage to wake up enough to leave the nice warm bed. I'm trying to to 5,000 steps a day, seems like a do-able and reasonable goal for me smile

Chibi Halo
Lady Kayura
Chibi Halo
          I finally broke down and bought one yesterday. I'm finding that when I'm away from the computer I tend to move around a lot. In fact, it's to the point where I keep readjusting my daily step goals today. At first I was all, "I'll set it at one thousand." And then I synched to the app and I was all, "No wait, I'll set it at two thousand." So I started going about doing my usual stuff and I looked again and now I'm all, "Better bump it up to three thousand." I put that thing on my pocket as early as I can and keep it on all day long. Years back with an old pedometer I had the booklet said that's what you do because you get in steps all through the day.

The thing I'm still trying to figure out is the whole sleep Vs. being awake thing because I did physically get up and walk to the bathroom once during the night. I wonder if it monitors when you move around or something because it said I woke up seven times from when I went to sleep and when I actually finally dragged myself out of bed and stopped the stopwatch. The sleep stuff and the actual calories I should be eating in order to drop the poundage I want to drop this year are going to take a while to figure out. I definitely know it's going to take time and will be an entire lifestyle change instead of a quick fix diet, which is why I'm not frustrated at all that I haven't figured everything out immediately.

It can be a bit confusing at first. It does monitor your movement when you are sleeping. I think it detects movement and once it detects a certain amount of movement, it deems yo awake. But it still counts steps so when you get up to use the rest room, it counts that.

I've found that using mine to follow my steps and activity is helping me lose the weight. And I find myself walking more to get my weekly count. xD

Yeah I kind of figured that it would consider people who go from the back to the side and all the time they grab and adjust the blankets as being awake. And guess what, I have to bump up my step goal for tomorrow. Three thousand is turning out to be too little for me. I'm going to have to push it up to five thousand. I blasted past it by eleven hundred steps. xp

Sparkling Senshi

57,125 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Haha, no kidding! I'm at 836 so it's not too far off. I'm lucky that it's four flights up to the mail room at work, so that helps a bunch (as long as I'm the one that remembers to get the mail first!)

Lady Kayura
Xio
Ooooh! You have one too?!?! I'm working on the 1,000 flights badge, it seems so far away! crying

Yeah, it was my Xmas gift to myself! ^-^ I wear it alongside my pokewalker. xD 1,000 flights, that's a lot of stairs!

Sparkling Senshi

57,125 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
It depends. I knew that if I had a device that if I checked it would basically say, "Hey, you really haven't moved at all, you should probably do something about that." it would motivate me to get up and move, along with trying to make goals and get badges. I also really liked the idea of something that would track my sleep (I got much less sleep than I though I did, and I didn't really think I got all that much to begin with, oops!). If you're self motivated or wouldn't be motivated by a little screen telling you you've done 8,423 steps and you know your goal is 10,000 steps, then it might not be for you. I have occasionally sighed and walked around the block a couple of times at 10pm or gone out of my way to climb the stairs, so it does work for me smile

Canada-Is-OverrateD
Lady Kayura
Any Gaians own one?

worth the purchase? I was thinking of getting one when i grabbed new runners

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I just looked it up and it seems a little expensive to me...I'm super poor so that's a big concern for me. Also it seems like a glorified pedometer, which you could get for less than 20 dollars.

Time-traveling Senshi

Xio
I found I'm an awful sleeper using it. It doesn't help that I snooze on the alarm about three times before I manage to wake up enough to leave the nice warm bed. I'm trying to to 5,000 steps a day, seems like a do-able and reasonable goal for me smile

The getting up is the thing that's the worst for me. The alarm does the job and I'm aware that it's vibrating but I've been laying there letting it go, which is why I use my phone's alarm for a backup. It's all about discipline and determination in the long run.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
She-who-loves-hyphens
I just looked it up and it seems a little expensive to me...I'm super poor so that's a big concern for me. Also it seems like a glorified pedometer, which you could get for less than 20 dollars.

It does more than the average pedometer. But if you can't afford it then obviously it would be a bad idea to get one. I like the format of the Fitbit and the functionality of their website. For me, it is worth it.

Sparkling Senshi

57,125 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I barely notice the vibration sweatdrop I have a nasty habit of turning things off when I sleep and never noticing. My real alarm is across the room and I have to physically get out of bed to snooze it. The snooze button is huge and easier to hit then the off switch (I used to just turn off the alarm when the button was closer to the snooze on my previous alarm) I think the real trick is to get good, consistent sleep instead of just doing one more thing on the internet before bed, which means I probably should be doing that instead of posting on here xp
Chibi Halo
Xio

The getting up is the thing that's the worst for me. The alarm does the job and I'm aware that it's vibrating but I've been laying there letting it go, which is why I use my phone's alarm for a backup. It's all about discipline and determination in the long run.

Time-traveling Senshi

Xio
I barely notice the vibration sweatdrop I have a nasty habit of turning things off when I sleep and never noticing. My real alarm is across the room and I have to physically get out of bed to snooze it. The snooze button is huge and easier to hit then the off switch (I used to just turn off the alarm when the button was closer to the snooze on my previous alarm) I think the real trick is to get good, consistent sleep instead of just doing one more thing on the internet before bed, which means I probably should be doing that instead of posting on here xp

My main problem was that I could sleep so soundly that I slept through the sound of my alarms. But the vibration seems to work for me. I think it has to do with it being something new that I'm not used to. So we'll see how this all goes for me.

Sparkling Senshi

57,125 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I was hoping the vibration would work for me, but alas, no. Maybe if I could turn it off only from a remote location XD Hopefully it will keep on working well for you!

Chibi Halo
Xio

My main problem was that I could sleep so soundly that I slept through the sound of my alarms. But the vibration seems to work for me. I think it has to do with it being something new that I'm not used to. So we'll see how this all goes for me.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
No, I don't own one.

Yamatra's Wife

Eternal Bookworm

21,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
I know this thread is kinda dead so I hope no one gets mad that I posted, but I have one! (an Ultra) and am in need of friends on it... My Fitbit

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Lady Davia
I know this thread is kinda dead so I hope no one gets mad that I posted, but I have one! (an Ultra) and am in need of friends on it... My Fitbit

Glad you posted! I just added you there! <3

Yamatra's Wife

Eternal Bookworm

21,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
Lady Kayura
Lady Davia

Glad you posted! I just added you there! <3

Yay! I'm glad I posted too then ^___^ now I have a new friend!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff