Nope, what is it?

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Camo Ninja
Nope, what is it?

It is a pedometer, stair counter, calorie counter and it measures your sleep. It syncs with a site and sets goals for you to work on. It is a very useful tool for people like me that need to be motivated. ^_^

Tipsy Exhibitionist

11,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Love Machine 150
Lady Kayura
Camo Ninja
Nope, what is it?

It is a pedometer, stair counter, calorie counter and it measures your sleep. It syncs with a site and sets goals for you to work on. It is a very useful tool for people like me that need to be motivated. ^_^

Oh. That's pretty cool I guess. I'm sure it helps people stay motivated to park further away and to take stairs instead of the elevator.

You should go up stairs with 40+ lbs of weight on. That's a good workout.
I've never heard of such a thing before. o-o Sounds interesting though. Might need to check it out. XD

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
x Space Cat
I've never heard of such a thing before. o-o Sounds interesting though. Might need to check it out. XD

I'd suggest googling it and see what other products are out there. They've got just a pedometer/stair counter called the zip. The Fitbit One is what I was describing. And they're coming out with a new device this spring you wear on your wrist. The Fitbit One clips on your pants/bra. I'm intrigued by the wrist idea though.

Sparkling Senshi

57,125 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I have a fitbit one and I love it. I have discovered I am an even crappier sleeper than I thought I was and that I really do need to move around more. If you have friends using it you can see what they are doing and try and 'beat' them. There are also badges for reaching milestones which are neat smile

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Xio
I have a fitbit one and I love it. I have discovered I am an even crappier sleeper than I thought I was and that I really do need to move around more. If you have friends using it you can see what they are doing and try and 'beat' them. There are also badges for reaching milestones which are neat smile

I just got the Helicopter badge for going up 500 flights of stairs total! biggrin

Sparkling Senshi

57,125 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lady Kayura
Xio

I just got the Helicopter badge for going up 500 flights of stairs total! biggrin
Ooooh! You have one too?!?! I'm working on the 1,000 flights badge, it seems so far away! crying

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Xio
Ooooh! You have one too?!?! I'm working on the 1,000 flights badge, it seems so far away! crying

Yeah, it was my Xmas gift to myself! ^-^ I wear it alongside my pokewalker. xD 1,000 flights, that's a lot of stairs!

Time-traveling Senshi

I finally broke down and bought one yesterday. I'm finding that when I'm away from the computer I tend to move around a lot. In fact, it's to the point where I keep readjusting my daily step goals today. At first I was all, "I'll set it at one thousand." And then I synched to the app and I was all, "No wait, I'll set it at two thousand." So I started going about doing my usual stuff and I looked again and now I'm all, "Better bump it up to three thousand." I put that thing on my pocket as early as I can and keep it on all day long. Years back with an old pedometer I had the booklet said that's what you do because you get in steps all through the day.

The thing I'm still trying to figure out is the whole sleep Vs. being awake thing because I did physically get up and walk to the bathroom once during the night. I wonder if it monitors when you move around or something because it said I woke up seven times from when I went to sleep and when I actually finally dragged myself out of bed and stopped the stopwatch. The sleep stuff and the actual calories I should be eating in order to drop the poundage I want to drop this year are going to take a while to figure out. I definitely know it's going to take time and will be an entire lifestyle change instead of a quick fix diet, which is why I'm not frustrated at all that I haven't figured everything out immediately.

Mega Cutie-Pie

Lady Kayura
Any Gaians own one?

worth the purchase? I was thinking of getting one when i grabbed new runners

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Canada-Is-OverrateD
Lady Kayura
Any Gaians own one?

worth the purchase? I was thinking of getting one when i grabbed new runners

For me it was well worth the purchase. I keep it on me all time time. Except in the shower.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Chibi Halo
          I finally broke down and bought one yesterday. I'm finding that when I'm away from the computer I tend to move around a lot. In fact, it's to the point where I keep readjusting my daily step goals today. At first I was all, "I'll set it at one thousand." And then I synched to the app and I was all, "No wait, I'll set it at two thousand." So I started going about doing my usual stuff and I looked again and now I'm all, "Better bump it up to three thousand." I put that thing on my pocket as early as I can and keep it on all day long. Years back with an old pedometer I had the booklet said that's what you do because you get in steps all through the day.

The thing I'm still trying to figure out is the whole sleep Vs. being awake thing because I did physically get up and walk to the bathroom once during the night. I wonder if it monitors when you move around or something because it said I woke up seven times from when I went to sleep and when I actually finally dragged myself out of bed and stopped the stopwatch. The sleep stuff and the actual calories I should be eating in order to drop the poundage I want to drop this year are going to take a while to figure out. I definitely know it's going to take time and will be an entire lifestyle change instead of a quick fix diet, which is why I'm not frustrated at all that I haven't figured everything out immediately.

It can be a bit confusing at first. It does monitor your movement when you are sleeping. I think it detects movement and once it detects a certain amount of movement, it deems yo awake. But it still counts steps so when you get up to use the rest room, it counts that.

I've found that using mine to follow my steps and activity is helping me lose the weight. And I find myself walking more to get my weekly count. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff