Welcome to Gaia! ::

Recently I've started taking adult vitamins and fish oil pills every day.
I take one vitamin every morning and three fish oil pills a day, one with each meal, and I've been doing this for about two months now.
This may be a silly question that someone my age should know by now, but am I going to notice any differences?
Like, am I going to have more energy? Am I going to be less likely to get sick? Am I going to have an easier time losing weight? Am I going to be stronger? Etc.

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'm kind of curious about this too I have started doing the same. What do these actually do for you I heard they help you lose weight but not sure o:

Shy Explorer

3,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
''
P a n d a s P a n t i e s''

spike_flair

it's good for your hair it makes it stronger less breaking,skin and heart , it reduces the risk of stroke,heart attack,lowers blood pressure, helps with depression ,anxiety ,and has been suggested to ADD/ADHD patients to take them, helps with acne, ulcers ,Alzheimer’s... basically it seems like it's an all round good thing to take for you body.
side effects for taking these pills is burping ,some people get diarrhea, also it might cause heart burn.

if your diabetic you need to talk to your doctor before using them because the pills tend to make glucos rise in the body.

Quotable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Spike_Flair
Recently I've started taking adult vitamins and fish oil pills every day.
I take one vitamin every morning and three fish oil pills a day, one with each meal, and I've been doing this for about two months now.
This may be a silly question that someone my age should know by now, but am I going to notice any differences?
Like, am I going to have more energy? Am I going to be less likely to get sick? Am I going to have an easier time losing weight? Am I going to be stronger? Etc.

Well you said for yourself. You've been taking the pills for about two months now. You should notice any differences by now.

More energy?
Do you feel like you do? Can you stay up longer? Do more in a day today than two months ago?

Losing weight?
Losing weight comes from controlling your calories and how much cardio you do.

Stronger?
Could you lift more than you did two months ago? See any muscle gains? (muscles only grow with protein and intense lifting).

So if you don't feel anything different about the pills I suggest that you stop buying them or you could try not taking them for a week and see if there are any noticeable differences.

No point in drinking if it doesn't get you buzzed or drunk~

Shy Explorer

3,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ps. if you feel like the pills havent chaned anything, it could mean that the brand of pills your taking are not pure in the right type of fish oil (which usually is so with cheaper brands) also you might not be taking the right dose.

Wheezing Fatcat

If you were already getting enough vitamins in your diet, then no, you probably won't notice much difference.

Vitamins don't make you lose weight. They don't give you more energy, either. Those things are dependent on calories. Although some vitamin deficiencies can probably make you feel lethargic, so if you had one before, you might feel a little more spry. Vitamins do also play a role in ATP conversion, but it's more complicated than saying "I took a B12 supplement, so now I'm good to run a mile."

You're not going to be stronger unless you exercise. Protein increases muscle mass, not vitamins. Vitamins can help make your bones stronger, but you won't be able to suddenly benchpress a car.

Vitamins are needed for the upkeep of the overall health of the body, but there are many factors that go into keeping your immune system active and healthy. Getting exercise is just as important in preventing a cold as taking vitamin C, and some things are hereditary, so it's hard to say as for your question about illness.

Friendly Friend

Make sure the fish oil you take is not based in any other oil than fishoil (no soybean oil, etc)
Most cheap fish oil is worthless. In all honesty its much easier to get healthy fish oils from actual fish. Yes actual fish. Just go buy some wild caught (not farm raised) tuna or salmon!

Chital's Husband

Noob

I've pretty much taken vitamins and fish oil nearly my whole life. Still do.
But I really don't think it have such a big impact specially fish oil, but vitamin D does a lot of good to your bones.
Everyone has different reactions to supplements so it's hard to say, unless you're taking something medically prescribed by a doctor to correct a deficiency. Generally though, multivitamins and fish oils are an added insurance so keep taking them if you can afford them, without expecting it to replace what a sound diet and exercise program will give you.
Fish oils and multivitamins are nice and only supplements. You wont get stronger unless you lift, you wont lose weight unless you eat at a caloric deficit

Shy Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
A spoonful of honey is something that my boyfriend recommends; he takes it and never gets ill. So whether or not he's lucky, genetically advantaged or it actually works is up to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff