Welcome to Gaia! ::

is ******** ruining my life.

im sorry, i just had to say that. but seriously it is.

i always thought i had bad hygiene, since about 2nd grade. my mom would always badger me about it, and i did everything i could from bathing twice a day, carrying deoderant with me to use after gym, to even one point where in the fourth grade, i stole a bottle of my moms perfume to take to school and spray myslf with.

the trouble only worsened after my menstrual cycle started. in middle school people would talk about me, but i made friends who i guess looked past it and stodd up for me. but in 7th grade my "friends" wouldoffer me bodyspray to use before and after gym class. i say "friends" because those bitches laughed at me and talked about me behind my back.

in highschool, i made new friends and they stood by me no matter what, again i guess they looked past it, and only cared about me. i got my first boyfriend my sophmore yer, so i thought i was living a normal life. ofcourse i wondered why no guys were interested in me, since i have an identical twin, who was adored by many, so i always have had self esteem issues. well, as it would turn out, my boyfriend had no sense of smell (freak accident as a child) so ofcourse he didnt know what alot of things smelled like. i didnt care cause he loved me and thought i was attractive. but others still shunned me, and some went as far as actually spraying with air frieshener when i walked by. i never told the teachers cause i was so embarassed, and i didnt know what was going on. my mom always just said it was bad hygiene so i just tried to stay as clean as possible.

i never got another boyfriend, and again, ive made new friends who dont say anything so i've had no idea the problem was still there.

but now im 19 years old, my mom passed away over a year ago, and im in college for cosmetolgy about to finish, and the problem is worse than ever.

in school, im atthe level where students work on actual people. so washing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, along with facials, and manicures and pedicures, and what not, for almsot 2 months i couldnt figure out why my teachers wouldnt give me clients. i've had a few, but it gotten to the point where i'll go almost 3 weeks without a client in my chair, while other students would have 2 or 3 in a day, and sometimes 2 at one time. i would ask for a client and they'd say i had to bring them in (get friends and family to come in for services) and belive me i've tried, and they're just busy with thier own lives, or they live in other states. well finally, one of my classmates who i see as a big sister to me,tells me that i have a problem with my smell, which is why i dont get clients. and also other in class have been talkin about me behind my back.
she says she'll do anything she can to help me, and another girl is bringing me a new uniform to wear to class.(blue scrubs)

i just found out that my problem is tmua today. and now thati've done more research on it, all i want to do is cry my eyes out till i drown in my tears or die from dehydration. all this time i thought i was ugly, and stupid. that i was bad doing hair. i cant belive the answer was so simple. i know its a rare disorder, but its so simple to fix, all i had to do was change my diet or take some vitamins basically. but dammit all those years i thought i wasnt good enough. i thought i was ugly and repulsive.

but theres almost no way i could have found this out sooner. it sounds so impossible, but its my reality.

and why did i write all this? because its not just my reality, theres are other people like me, and i just want those of you lucky enough not to have this problem, to please remeber to be kind to all people. no matter what the issue is, please. if i wasnt raised to be stronger person, i honestly would have killed myself by now. my self esteem is at an all time low s i think abut all those times when i was bullied, and left out, and all because of somehting as stupid as smell.
im glad i caught it now though or else i'd probably never be able to hold down a job or relationship.

so please just be honest to people. cause it'll hurt so much more when they find out you let them go for so long, with a simple to fix problem.

Romantic Receiver

13,715 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Overstocked 200
The cause of your problem is likely washing too much. Could be producing more healthy bacteria to replace the ones you keep washing away, off balance leading to smell.

Vaginae take care of themselves; once a day lightly with a mild soap, a quick rinse with warm water to remove said soap, and the pH should balance itself. Don't worry too much about moisture; it's supposed to be moist down that way. You're body knows how to take care of itself! smile Stop listening to other people denote how you should take care of something that is apart of you, and genetically engineered to function in a certain way!

For any concerns past that you should consult a gynecologist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff