Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Zealot

II Earl Grey II
User Image

I am doing it now, I am on my eighth day. I have always been heavy but recently I was in a car accident and so I had to go to different doctors that my insurance company sent me to. My current doctor actually told me to go on this, and he prescribed several vitamins and supplements I have to take every day. If it wasn't my doctor telling me to do it there would be no way I would try such a thing.

I am very hungry at times, but mostly that is just when I start thinking about food. I am a chef and so the food I usually make is absolutely five star, so it is really hard. I had just ordered a new barbecue online before my doctor told me to go on this, so I see it out the window every day being unused. It saddens me. I won't pretend I am not looking forward to the end of this, though I am aware I will have to eat relatively healthier even when it is over.

However I will say I have managed to lose twenty pounds in barely over a week, just by drinking juice rather than eating. While I do get hungry, I have never felt sick or light headed. I bumped into someone I hadn't seen for a few weeks and they asked me what I was doing that got my skin to look so good. I never even mentioned to them about the diet. So clearly there have been a lot of positive effects from this.

In another week my doctor is going to give me another physical and do some blood tests to check the effect of the diet. So I suppose I will know more then. For now, while it is hard, I am doing it and I am losing weight. As of now I highly recommend it.
User Image

When you resume eating foods again, do not be surprised to see a flood of weight coming back on. Not to worry though, as it's largely water weight coming back on from a reintroduction to more carbohydrate. It's fairly common for people to complain about post-fast weight gain, without realizing that it's the body attempting to refill glycogen stores.

Just a heads up.
I juiced, just to cleanse my body, and lost 50 pounds in one month. I felt so much better, on the inside and out. I also felt like I was on the top of the world. That was 2 years ago, though. Stupid me ate non healthy food but it's not true that you'll gain the weight back after a few weeks. It took me 6 months to gain it all back.

For the past 2 weeks, I've been juicing again. So far, I have energy and lost 30 pounds. I was in another state to visit other family members. Now, that I've been home again, I've been eating like crap again. I have a nutri bullet but couldn't bring the blade part on airplane so, I had to leave that there but my cousin shipped the blade back to me and will be here on Monday.

My mom bought me fruits and vegetables today, so I'll definitely eat them tomorrow, until Monday, when I can juice them again. I got the juicing idea from the same movie, too.

Dapper Gaian

1,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
Poe-Sensei
Spirit of Malice
-What you think of the juice diet

A fad diet used by those who want to lose weight quickly, without understanding how they put the weight on in the first place.

There is also the whole choice thing. Most people know processed food isn't good for you and that you need to eat your fruits and veggies. Most people know that calories determine weight management, but don't know how they do it. I STILL run into people who think you have to exercise off more calories than you intake, so end up putting themselves into a -500 calorie intake by the end of the day. I hardly ever see people in the store looking at labels unless someone has a bad allergy to something, so it's not as if people are really looking for micros either, unless, as with allergies, they're quite lacking in something such as iron.

All of the fat loss benefits come from an extremely low calorie intake, and the health benefits come from actually eating food, rather than processed things which are edible and tasty.

After some studying, I thought the same thing.

However, I think in situations like a few of the people on that program, where they're morbidly obese and about to die/suffer a heart attack/body is ready to give up.... it's an extreme diet that is worth considering.

I keep up with food labels, I gravitate towards foods that contain fewer/no ingredients I don't recognize.

I believe the simplification of food is great.

Divine Zealot

ShadowSkies
Poe-Sensei
Spirit of Malice

A fad diet used by those who want to lose weight quickly, without understanding how they put the weight on in the first place.

There is also the whole choice thing. Most people know processed food isn't good for you and that you need to eat your fruits and veggies. Most people know that calories determine weight management, but don't know how they do it. I STILL run into people who think you have to exercise off more calories than you intake, so end up putting themselves into a -500 calorie intake by the end of the day. I hardly ever see people in the store looking at labels unless someone has a bad allergy to something, so it's not as if people are really looking for micros either, unless, as with allergies, they're quite lacking in something such as iron.

All of the fat loss benefits come from an extremely low calorie intake, and the health benefits come from actually eating food, rather than processed things which are edible and tasty.

However, I think in situations like a few of the people on that program, where they're morbidly obese and about to die/suffer a heart attack/body is ready to give up.... it's an extreme diet that is worth considering.

I keep up with food labels, I gravitate towards foods that contain fewer/no ingredients I don't recognize.

I am sure those people could have used more standard means of obtaining health and losing weight without having to rely on the juice fasting method. This movie did the same thing that Super Size Me did, and that is mislead people. What happens when you put people on a 4000-5000 calorie diet, and tell them not to exercise? Same thing that happened to Morgan.

Does this work? Absolutely. I'm not going to deny that. But it's an unnecessary extreme that is never needed unless you don't have teeth and can't chew food. In which case, you'd be better off using a high powered blender and drinking the food entirely, rather than simply juicing it.

Dapper Gaian

1,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
Poe-Sensei
ShadowSkies

I am sure those people could have used more standard means of obtaining health and losing weight without having to rely on the juice fasting method. This movie did the same thing that Super Size Me did, and that is mislead people. What happens when you put people on a 4000-5000 calorie diet, and tell them not to exercise? Same thing that happened to Morgan.

Does this work? Absolutely. I'm not going to deny that. But it's an unnecessary extreme that is never needed unless you don't have teeth and can't chew food. In which case, you'd be better off using a high powered blender and drinking the food entirely, rather than simply juicing it.

Are there better options? Definitely.
However, knowing some people like there, where their knees are.... almost to the point of buckling.
Their back is in pain, because the spine is holding up so much.

Our bodies are pretty great, and can recover from a lot. And we tend to put them through a lot.

Could they have used more standards means? Yep. Would it have been better for their bodies? Yep.

Are they happy and healthier now? Yep.

Sometimes it just depends on the person.
Like, to eat healthier, I cut out chocolate. I couldn't have 'just a little' chocolate. It's now completely out of my diet (along with other foods). It's easier for some people to stick to extremes and go with them, then try to self-regulate, especially if the person has displayed an inability to do so with previous eating habits, if that makes sense.
Mandeh Candeh
I've never heard of that, but I'll try watching it later. Lol, temptation at its finest, booze and food. You've got to really stick to your plans if you want to lose weight.

A few months ago (Feb.28th) I started to try to lose weight, I was 195/196. I'm usually a very lazy person and don't want to do anything. But, I kicked my butt up and now as of (August.20th) I weigh 158 and still going strong. How I lost the weight? I stopped drinking soda and anything fizzy, take out unnecessary snacks (chips and ice cream), watched my portions and went out on more walks : )
Watch out for your calories and carbs too!
My daily calorie intake is around 1500-1800.
An my carb intake is around 120-140.

Now I'm going to try to do a bit more exercise! Wish me luck too!

That's awesome ! Congrats on the weighloss ^-^ Goodluck with going strong till the end :3

Beloved Browser

PetiteFaierie
Mandeh Candeh
I've never heard of that, but I'll try watching it later. Lol, temptation at its finest, booze and food. You've got to really stick to your plans if you want to lose weight.

A few months ago (Feb.28th) I started to try to lose weight, I was 195/196. I'm usually a very lazy person and don't want to do anything. But, I kicked my butt up and now as of (August.20th) I weigh 158 and still going strong. How I lost the weight? I stopped drinking soda and anything fizzy, take out unnecessary snacks (chips and ice cream), watched my portions and went out on more walks : )
Watch out for your calories and carbs too!
My daily calorie intake is around 1500-1800.
An my carb intake is around 120-140.

Now I'm going to try to do a bit more exercise! Wish me luck too!

That's awesome ! Congrats on the weighloss ^-^ Goodluck with going strong till the end :3

Thank you!
xd

Shady Demon

20,900 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Millionaire 200
Spirit of Malice

i would perfet the nutribullet it is not a blender that mixes stuff up bad and is not a juicer that gets rid of nutrician it grinds all the nutrients into a sorta juice put in vegies and water and some lemon juice to flavor it tasts great and is better then a blender or juicer just look and read on the site :3 the juice diet is only healthy if u get nutrients wich normal juicers dont provide i recomend this product if urr going to juice k wink
Although I'm pro-veg (being vegetarian and all) I am not a fan of juicing. You don't have to do all that extra work to get your veggies in. Eat them as they are instead of blending it all. Mix the vegetables in delicious ways and chew like you were born to do.

Other than that, you should eat what is natural. Mother nature already provided us with everything we need, so buy as organic as you can. Eat what comes naturally from the Earth. Stay away from everything processed and you'll see results immediately. Weight loss is NOT about depriving yourself, but about making sensible choices and eating what you, as a human, is meant to eat.

Cut down on your simple carbohydrates (white grains, flour, pasta, bread, table sugar, candy, etc), crank up your non-starchy vegetables, healthy fats and healthy protein and moderate fruit. If you're a meat eater, then have your meat and your eggs and just be reasonable. You don't have to shovel down 10 strips of bacon in one sitting. Try reading about Paleo or low carb. Also, educate yourself about what you eat and what it does to your body.

I am personally all about high fat/low carb and I have eliminated grains and other simple carbohydrates from my diet. I am also in the process of eliminating dairy because it's not doing anything great for my health. I eat plenty of tasty stuff and I get my energy from healthy fats, from nuts (moderate), avocado, eggs, coconut oil, olive oil, on rare occasions I'll throw in some oily fish.

But yeah, don't do a diet that makes you feel deprived or starved. Find healthy alternatives to your unhealthy foods. I used to be a pasta binger like you won't even believe it. Now I eat pasta made of organic (non-GMO) soy or black bean flour. It's super high in protein and fiber, it tastes AWESOME and it fills you up. So yeah, there are always an alternative to your unhealthy favorite junk. You just have to search for it or experiment. Good luck.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Nana Dure
Although I'm pro-veg (being vegetarian and all) I am not a fan of juicing. You don't have to do all that extra work to get your veggies in. Eat them as they are instead of blending it all. Mix the vegetables in delicious ways and chew like you were born to do.

I think you're kind of confusing the idea of juicing that the documentary is trying to advocate. Also, juicing =/= blending. It removes the pulpy/solid bits so it's not like a smoothie or a veggie blend drink. Also, it's not that they can't eat the veggies as is, it's that they're trying to fit MORE veggies into their diet through juicing than could be achieved if they just tried to chew and eat the same amount. Hope that helps you understand 3nodding

4,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Spirit of Malice
Anyone know of it and are currently doing it?

I'm trying it out for the second time. I did it once a few months ago and stopped after 2 weeks; my friends convinced me to drink one night and I needed hang over food the next day and it was downhill from there.

I'm on day 3, Well....day 4 but its midnight and I'm going to bed soon.

It's hard. I'm hungry all the time and my friends are big like me so our outings are full of FOOD and BOOZE! Not to mention I'm a student working towards my second degree.

I'm fat. Not sick yet but I will be soon if I don't make this change soon.

Discuss:

-Which day you are on
-Success stories
-Recipes
-Etc...

Have you picked up his book?? It's great! He walks you through each fast you can do. Once I'm done breastfeeding we're going to do a 30 day fast. Doctor is worried about spiked sugar or something for the baby. I highly recommend his book, he gives great tips.

Also when you go out with your friends you might want to drink your juices before going out and maybe even having one with you. They should be supportive of you. Tell them you'll celebrate at the end with a big keg lol
Sopiyu
Nana Dure

I think you're kind of confusing the idea of juicing that the documentary is trying to advocate. Also, juicing =/= blending. It removes the pulpy/solid bits so it's not like a smoothie or a veggie blend drink. Also, it's not that they can't eat the veggies as is, it's that they're trying to fit MORE veggies into their diet through juicing than could be achieved if they just tried to chew and eat the same amount. Hope that helps you understand 3nodding

I am not confusing the terms, I just use them interchangeably. I completely understand the idea behind juicing is to maximize the amount of nutrient dense food one can consume throughout the day, and I never said people cannot do both juicing and eating normally. Please don't put words in my mouth or assume I'm ignorant.

But in the movie he primarily juices all his meals. I am basing my answer on the approach in the movie and the questions in the OP, and I personally don't believe it's necessary to juice your veg to get your daily needs covered. You are meant by nature to chew your food and you need to give your intestines something solid for it to work with and for it to stay healthy. :3

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Nana Dure
Sopiyu
Nana Dure

I am not confusing the terms, I just use them interchangeably. I completely understand the idea behind juicing is to maximize the amount of nutrient dense food one can consume throughout the day, and I never said people cannot do both juicing and eating normally. Please don't put words in my mouth or assume I'm ignorant.

But in the movie he primarily juices all his meals. I am basing my answer on the approach in the movie and the questions in the OP, and I personally don't believe it's necessary to juice your veg to get your daily needs covered. You are meant by nature to chew your food and you need to give your intestines something solid for it to work with and for it to stay healthy. :3
There's no point in referring to blending and juicing interchangeably, because they aren't the same. He juices all his meals because it's apparently also being utilized as a cleanse, which means no solid foods. They aren't juicing to get their daily needs for vegetables covered, they're juicing that much so they have enough calories to sustain them without eating.
Yes it's what nature intended, but once again, they're utilizing it as a cleanse.
This is far from a long-term solution, another fad diet. Sure it get's weight off quickly, but what's the point if you're hungry? It's also probably a horribly imbalanced diet too. Once you get off this diet, the weight is just going to come back on.

Just change out processed foods with more wholesome ones, incorporate plenty of good fats(saturated, and monounsaturated) into your diet. That is the best way for long-term weight loss.

Sparkly Vampire

II Earl Grey II
User Image

I am doing it now, I am on my eighth day. I have always been heavy but recently I was in a car accident and so I had to go to different doctors that my insurance company sent me to. My current doctor actually told me to go on this, and he prescribed several vitamins and supplements I have to take every day. If it wasn't my doctor telling me to do it there would be no way I would try such a thing.

I am very hungry at times, but mostly that is just when I start thinking about food. I am a chef and so the food I usually make is absolutely five star, so it is really hard. I had just ordered a new barbecue online before my doctor told me to go on this, so I see it out the window every day being unused. It saddens me. I won't pretend I am not looking forward to the end of this, though I am aware I will have to eat relatively healthier even when it is over.

However I will say I have managed to lose twenty pounds in barely over a week, just by drinking juice rather than eating. While I do get hungry, I have never felt sick or light headed. I bumped into someone I hadn't seen for a few weeks and they asked me what I was doing that got my skin to look so good. I never even mentioned to them about the diet. So clearly there have been a lot of positive effects from this.

In another week my doctor is going to give me another physical and do some blood tests to check the effect of the diet. So I suppose I will know more then. For now, while it is hard, I am doing it and I am losing weight. As of now I highly recommend it.
User Image

Hello! I hope you are well and that your juicing experience was a success!
I am starting a new 30 day juice and today is day 1.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff