Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi guys, I've been going to the Gym twice a day, no cheats day on my diet and I appear to be loosing body mass...but when I stepped into the scale...I literally just weight the same. Is really frustrating me and it's bee two weeks to only reflect that I dropped 2 pounds. Any advice? I was thinking of changing my diet strictly to fruits and vegetables and occasional nuts for protein.

Thanks in advance.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You might be gaining muscle, depends on what exercises you're doing, also it can vary on the time of day you weigh yourself, or a different scale.
Try to weigh yourself in the same circumstances every time.
Miragen
You might be gaining muscle, depends on what exercises you're doing, also it can vary on the time of day you weigh yourself, or a different scale.

I weight myself every morning. I am mostly doing cardio. I walk/jog/ run for 40 minutes every morning and in the afternoon.
there really shouldn't be a need to work out twice a day to lose weight, especially jogging for 40 minutes. also nuts arent a great source of protein they're better in healthy fats, lean meats are where you'll find a larger sum of protein. Anyways yeah probably are gaining muscle, but honestly a scale is a terrible form of measurement, pay close attention to body composition and even get a set of fat calipers.
Help Me Find My Parents
there really shouldn't be a need to work out twice a day to lose weight, especially jogging for 40 minutes. also nuts arent a great source of protein they're better in healthy fats, lean meats are where you'll find a larger sum of protein. Anyways yeah probably are gaining muscle, but honestly a scale is a terrible form of measurement, pay close attention to body composition and even get a set of fat calipers.

Hmm thank youuuuuu
Haunted Cinnamon
Miragen

I weight myself every morning. I am mostly doing cardio. I walk/jog/ run for 40 minutes every morning and in the afternoon.

Just keep doing what you are doing, atleast if that is what you say you are doing, you'll be fine.

Art Mousie's Senpai

Tiny Tipper

7,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Results take time.

I've lost 46 pounds in the last year.

Now, i don't really want to ask you why you want to lose weight. we all have our own reasons or needs.. But you need to make sure you do it the right way.
now what i'm going to tell you is how i lost all my weight, it may not work for you.. but it might give you some ideas of things to try.

I am now a Tiny petite 20 year old female who weighs 120 pounds. Although my heavies was 166 Pounds
First lets start with diet.
I eat really well for my needs. I don't need to eat an excessive amount of food to sustain myself.
But i do love to eat.
One thing that might help me is i can't stand Cheese.. Although cheese is a great source of calcium and fat i can't tolerate it. and i'm not a big bread fan.. though i have been having a few sandwiches this week. A little bit doesn't hurt.

Eating healthy is not bland, Eating healthy is exciting. There is so much more magic you can do with a spice cabinet then with a bottle of joes magic spit sauce

so i'm going to kind a get to the point,

Diet
- DRINK WATER. I can not stress this enough water is so very important in keeping yourself healthy and it helps you lose weight. not because it has no calories or additives. but because it is absorbed into your body to help move the fat out of your system Quick tip *Cold ice water burns more calories then warm water* the reason is your body is trying to make it the same temperature as everything else and that takes energy and calories are energy *win win*

-Eat more protein, Protein is good long term energy. rather then popping open a monster to jet the sugar rush... protein will digest a lot slower. There is protein in nuts and fish and chicken. limit red meat but don't eliminate it. (that is if you are a meat eater) Protein supplements are a good source a swell. just make sure if you get any to get it from a reputable seller.

- Veggies, are great and so grains. but eat grains in moderation.

DRINK WATER.

Also side note, your body will fluctuate threw out the day. from heavy to lighter and what not. .
My weight is between 115-120 and i can expect it to move around.

when i started to work out i couldn't run a mile or little more then a quarter of a lap with out being out of breath and on my knees. Now i can lap most people and go for miles.

I started with small things, walking and minor weight lifting. i started to slowly change my diet.
then as i saw more pounds fall off i was happy. so i tried harder.

YOU WILL PLATEAU. it is when you work out a whole lot and then all the sudden you don't see anymore results that's when you need to step up your gains.
but once you hit that and you supass it you'll feel a lot better and everything will start going good.

Oh i go to the gym every day now.. an hour out of your life won't kill you and it feels great.

Lets see...

Bottom line,
your weight will fluctuate. some days you'll gain weight and it won't be because you where eating bad.. its probably just s**t. like literally s**t.
water weight plays a big roll as-well but you need to stay hydrated. it also has its benefits.
There is no magic pill to make you lose weight you have to want it and you have to work for it.
How bad do you really want it.
Don't be a "say-er" be a "Do-er"
I'm highly motivated to get the results i want. Short cutting won't do you any good.

also skimming on meals is horrible and just eating veggies( you need vitamins and protein and other things if you're going to just eat the V) will ******** you over.
your body will think its starving and the moment you take a break day or 2 or 10 it will add up. and you'll be losing progress.

i would be more worried on how my body looks rather then now much the scale says.
I see the scale and yeah im tiny but i don't look as toned as i want on my abs and legs. ( i hurt my back when i was in basic) so i'm limited on what i do until i go to the doctor.

Bottom line how bad do you want it

( i think i rambled threw this because i was responding to so many things at once xD)
this could be from a lot of reasons

1- working out twice a day? your muscle are sore and you're retaining water.. this lasts for a few days
2- carbs? you'll retain water
3- sugar? you'll retain water. make sure its only from fruit
4- sodium? that could add up to 5-10 lbs

remember muscle weighs more than fat. if you see results in the mirror, thats all that matters
The diet change sounds good. You should throw some fish in there for protein too. Try running more at the gym and anything cardio-related.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Have you considered weight-training?

Sex Symbol

Haunted Cinnamon
Miragen

You want to do cardio 25-30 minutes a day for weight loss. Any more and you can confuse your hormones (references from my trainer). I have to eat small meals and do cardio once in the morning for about 30 minutes and during the late afternoon for about thirty minutes except for on weekends. After those I can just do aerobic exercise. I mostly stretch and practice some martial arts but never really DOING cardio.

Divine Zealot

Haunted Cinnamon
Hi guys, I've been going to the Gym twice a day, no cheats day on my diet and I appear to be loosing body mass...but when I stepped into the scale...I literally just weight the same. Is really frustrating me and it's bee two weeks to only reflect that I dropped 2 pounds. Any advice? I was thinking of changing my diet strictly to fruits and vegetables and occasional nuts for protein.

Thanks in advance.

Water weight fluctuates a fair bit based on carbohydrate consumption. Low carbers often lose this weight fairly fast, and often assume it's from fat loss (it's largely not). With this mechanic alone, I can drop 10 lbs in about 2 days, and 8-9 of it will be from water via fasting.

That said, 2 lbs in 2 weeks is fairly common.

Remember that weight loss is largely calorie driven. Count them. Befriend them.
It takes time sweetie trust me I been on an organic diet for about a year and I excersise rarely and I'm losing weight. 20 pounds so far ^¬^

It takes a time. I have been going for 6 months non stop and I am just starting to see visible results.

Don't give up!

You will get there.
Weight training is so important when trying to lose weight. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn even at rest. As Denise Austin always says "Muscles do miracles on your metabolism."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff