Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you believe that workouts must be suited to your body shape in order for you to lose weight?

Yes 0.30769230769231 30.8% [ 4 ]
No 0.69230769230769 69.2% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]

Welcoming Gekko

5,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So, I'm doing my weight loss thing and I'm reading up on what exercises are best suited for me.

While reading I came upon these terms and this is what I gleaned from the Dr. Oz and Women's Health articles.

Endo= retains fat/ hard to lose

Ecto= burns fat/ hard to gain

Bodyshapes= Apple (heavy on top/ small on bottom), Pear (heavy on bottom/ small on top), and hourglass (we all know this one)

So I was wondering do you take heed of these terms and the exercises that are suggested for it for weight loss? Or do you do your own thing?

- If you've lost weight, post your experiences with the exercises and what would be your body shape if you are comfortable with it.
- If you are currently losing weight post what work best for you and what would your body shape using this terms if you are comfortable with it.

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Body shape has nothing to do with it.

Endo/Ecto/Meso describes your metabolic tendencies. You might pay attention to these if you are trying to gain muscle. For example, an ecto will have to eat more than an endo if trying to gain weight.

For weight loss, the principles are the same for everyone. Calories in, calories out.

Welcoming Gekko

5,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Monster Pup

Endo/Ecto/Meso describes your metabolic tendencies. You might pay attention to these if you are trying to gain muscle. For example, an ecto will have to eat more than an endo if trying to gain weight.

For weight loss, the principles are the same for everyone. Calories in, calories out.
That's what I thought for the weight loss. But some articles refers people who are endo and they're telling them that to focus on cardio more then strength/ weight lifting. But maybe they use this kind of talk just for women and not for men. lol

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Sex Is Repulsive
Monster Pup

That's what I thought for the weight loss. But some articles refers people who are endo and they're telling them that to focus on cardio more then strength/ weight lifting. But maybe they use this kind of talk just for women and not for men. lol

Most people who write these things don't know what they're talking about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff