Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Noob

I keep having on and off eczema break outs on my hands, I took an allergy test the doctor said I wasn't allergic to anything so I'm guessing this is a seasonal thing.

It was healing a few days ago and BAM, came right back, and it even spread on the places where i DIDN'T scratch

anyone who's facing the same problem have any advice?

(I refuse to use steroid creams, I've had eczema all my life and I have seen what long term use can do)

Shy Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
I've got eczema, and often get it flare up on my face (forehead, nose, sides of my nose) when subconciously under stress. Steroid creams are fine so long as you only use them for a few days at a time and not constantly; long-term use will result in skin thinning, but only if you use it daily. Now and then is perfectly fine. I currently use a daily morning and evening routine with a skin care range from Boots - Simply Sensitive Cleansing Lotion, Simply Sensitive Gently Refreshing Toner and Simply Sensitive Moisturizer. That, after a few days of use, often keeps it under control or at the very least, doesn't aggravate the systems and soothes the itch.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

I use CeraVe lotion in the winter when my eczema tends to flare up. Use it when your hands/wrists start to feel dry because if you wait until the eczema flares up, it might burn a bit.

I dunno what your eczema is like, but mine comes on my wrists and knuckles; it looks like red spots and paper cuts when it gets really bad and when I get lotion in them, it burns somewhat. That's why I say to start using it as soon as your hands get dry and not wait until it gets bad. Thankfully CeraVe doesn't have an added fragrance so it's not -too- bad.
I'll get it where my elbows bend sometimes when I'm stressed out. I use Cetaphil or Eucerin lotion to help it heal faster.

Blessed Sex Symbol

My son gets this all the time I use Cortizone 10 on him and I make sure that he uses Aveeno soap when he bathes. This works well for him.

RennzzzZ's Husband

Friendly Informer

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
HyperDumpling
I keep having on and off eczema break outs on my hands, I took an allergy test the doctor said I wasn't allergic to anything so I'm guessing this is a seasonal thing.

It was healing a few days ago and BAM, came right back, and it even spread on the places where i DIDN'T scratch

anyone who's facing the same problem have any advice?

(I refuse to use steroid creams, I've had eczema all my life and I have seen what long term use can do)

Eczema and dermatitis both refer to inflamed, scaly, itchy skin. Although eczema and dermatitis can cause intense itching, try not to scratch. Scratching only intensifies the problem and may lead to infection. Keep your nails cut short to prevent scratching, and if necessary, cover your hands with cotton socks.

• Are you allergic to eggs and milk ?

Gaian

I used to get eczema from my cats bringing things from inside, other than that someone I knew got eczema from Oranges.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff