Welcome to Gaia! ::

I haven't eaten more than a chocolate donut and a pint size cup of pene pasta along with iced tea. It's 9:34 where I live now and I haven't eaten dinner. I can hear my stomach roaring, but I'm hardly hungry. Is this a serious health issue? How can I fix it if so?

Time-traveling Senshi

If it's one day then it's not a major issue. It's possible to get by on two meals a day. However, it's not really healthy or recommended because you tend to overdo it on one of the meals you're having (like I did with dinner tonight because I missed breakfast and had a very light lunch). Here's the thing though, what we think is hunger and what is actually hunger are two different things. What we believe is hunger is actually our body telling us we need more water because we're not hydrated enough. It's at that point when we should drink a glass of water and wait ten minutes to see if we still feel that empty feeling in our stomachs. If after ten minutes it's still there then we're actually hungry and a light snack is okay to have.

Your body is telling you it needs food yet your brain doesn't know the difference between perceived hunger and actual hunger. What you're feeling is not a lack of hunger but more likely the psychological rejection of wanting to eat. If it's been at least nine hours since you last ate anything then I say eat something, anything, that isn't made from refined sugars. You need protein from meat, cheese, beans, or dairy. Being calorie deficient is okay when it's 250 less than 1500 calories but eating under a thousand in a day is not healthy. Whether you think you're full or not you do need to eat three moderately sized meals a day spaced out between five to six hours apart with protein, fruits or veg, and whole grains (for at least your morning and mid day meals).

Chibi Halo
          If it's one day then it's not a major issue. It's possible to get by on two meals a day. However, it's not really healthy or recommended because you tend to overdo it on one of the meals you're having (like I did with dinner tonight because I missed breakfast and had a very light lunch). Here's the thing though, what we think is hunger and what is actually hunger are two different things. What we believe is hunger is actually our body telling us we need more water because we're not hydrated enough. It's at that point when we should drink a glass of water and wait ten minutes to see if we still feel that empty feeling in our stomachs. If after ten minutes it's still there then we're actually hungry and a light snack is okay to have.

Your body is telling you it needs food yet your brain doesn't know the difference between perceived hunger and actual hunger. What you're feeling is not a lack of hunger but more likely the psychological rejection of wanting to eat. If it's been at least nine hours since you last ate anything then I say eat something, anything, that isn't made from refined sugars. You need protein from meat, cheese, beans, or dairy. Being calorie deficient is okay when it's 250 less than 1500 calories but eating under a thousand in a day is not healthy. Whether you think you're full or not you do need to eat three moderately sized meals a day spaced out between five to six hours apart with protein, fruits or veg, and whole grains (for at least your morning and mid day meals).

Thanks! This helped a lot. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces