Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daktoots's Waifu

Beloved Cat

9,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
So if you do not eat enough bananas among other healthy things you can get a potassium deficiency and it is fatal and sucks! So eat those nanners. 4laugh

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Bananas are awesome - I just wish they weren't so high in calories. :<
Super Fightin Prototype

They are only 100 calories. Perfect snack for in between meals!

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

SPAstronaut
Super Fightin Prototype

Depends how big the banana is - it's not always gonna be 100 calories.

If the banana is 107 grams, yeah it's gonna be 100 calories but sometimes the banana weighs about 117 or 125 grams. In the latter case it's about 117 calories.

Granted, it's still better than a cookie. I'm just not sure the banana in my oatmeal is worth it. :/
Super Fightin Prototype
SPAstronaut
Super Fightin Prototype

If the banana is 107 grams, yeah it's gonna be 100 calories but sometimes the banana weighs about 117 or 125 grams. In the latter case it's about 117 calories.

Granted, it's still better than a cookie. I'm just not sure the banana in my oatmeal is worth it. :/

I was saying the average amount of calories. I'm not going to type out all different sizes of bananas and their calories, we'd be here all day. Actually if we're being specific the average amount of calories in a banana is 105. I am sorry for missing 5 whole calories. Gosh.

Blessed Sex Symbol

Super Fightin Prototype
SPAstronaut
Super Fightin Prototype

In that case cut it in half, with the slice on and put the rest in your fridge. The next day you can cut off the end (it'll probably be brown, but the rest should still be good). If you don't want to bother with that, you could do blueberries, almonds, raspberries, blackberries, walnuts, cinnamon, or anything really.
Not all calories are created equal though! And 120 calories is still not very much. 120 calories of banana is better than 120 calories of candy or something :3 They're one of my favorite foods!

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

SPAstronaut
I was saying the average amount of calories. I'm not going to type out all different sizes of bananas and their calories, we'd be here all day. Actually if we're being specific the average amount of calories in a banana is 105. I am sorry for missing 5 whole calories. Gosh.

Please don't take it personally. I've been going crazy with MyFitnessPal and using grams instead of cups has made me more acutely aware of how many calories I'm consuming.

kati kitsch
Not all calories are created equal though! And 120 calories is still not very much. 120 calories of banana is better than 120 calories of candy or something :3 They're one of my favorite foods

I specifically stated that yes, it's better than a cookie or whatever. I'm well aware of it.

RennzzzZ's Husband

Friendly Informer

9,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Potassium with sodium, helps regulate body's fluid balance. Bananas is not the only source of potassium other good dietary sources we have citrus fruits, dried fruits, potatoes, water in some areas. Signs of deficiency of potassium is bad includes muscle weakness, cardiac arrhythmia and irritability. For Signs of overdose includes nausea, diarrhea, and also cardiac arrhythmia.

"So eat in balance not to little and not to much"

Greedy Consumer

4,700 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Consumer 100
Gross, I'm not a fan of bananas but I have to eat one once in awhile. Bananas taste gross. xp
User Image actually, there are a lot of other fruit and vegetables that have potassium, bananas just happen to be the highest. Though, I'll admit, they're my favorite so they're my go to fruit to make sure I get my daily requirement. That and apples.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Latopazora
User Image actually, there are a lot of other fruit and vegetables that have potassium, bananas just happen to be the highest. Though, I'll admit, they're my favorite so they're my go to fruit to make sure I get my daily requirement. That and apples.

Plain coconut water (no added sugar or fruit juices) is a good source of potassium as well, though that's a beverage and not a solid food. Some people prefer not to drink their calories and I think a cup of coconut water usually has about 45 calories.

Well, whatever. The bullshit from yesterday made me realize that calorie counting got too obsessive for me and I needed to back off.
I eat a banana everyday. I should really start growing a banana tree in the backyard ha!
Sometimes two if there's no other quick snack around.
It's odd, all the fruits I did not like as a child (Bananas, avocados (well technically a berry), etc) I like them now.

4,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Super Fightin Prototype
SPAstronaut
Super Fightin Prototype

its all about size isnt it? blaugh
I love bananas!
I always cut up apples and bananas in a bowl and eat them with a fork. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out