Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
So, I had my ears (re)pierced on about the 18th of last month. I took the starter earrings out for the first time today to clean the holes properly. Left one, fine. The right one however had blood on it when I took it out, and it has occasionally leaked a clear (non-odorous) fluid. Normal, or shall I pop in to the doctors or a walk-in centre to make sure it is ok?

Wheezing Fatcat

Sounds like it's just leaking a bit of lymph, which is normal in the healing process. Just keep cleaning it regularly and it should be fine. If it starts turning more red, swelling, giving off heat, becoming painful or leaking pus, then you should be more concerned.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
piparminttukaramelli
Sounds like it's just leaking a bit of lymph, which is normal in the healing process. Just keep cleaning it regularly and it should be fine. If it starts turning more red, swelling, giving off heat, becoming painful or leaking pus, then you should be more concerned.

Mmkay. I'll probably leave earrings out for a day, do the cleaning x3 or x2 a day as usual, then see what putting a new pair in does.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff