Total Votes:[ 14 ]

Invisible Phantom

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
You heard me

Divine Zealot

It will if you're in a caloric deficit. Simply adding exercise is usually enough to lose weight, or at least prevent weight gain, however.

Tipsy Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
If you go hard enough and eat at a caloric deficit (eat less than you burn) then you should be fine.

Anxious Citizen

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
keeping your heart rate above 150bpm when dancing also helps. Diet is most important though, use an online calculator.
Yes it does anything that involves moving around a lot does burn fat.
It really depends on the type of dance and the duration!
At the VERY LEAST it'll help you maintain your weight.
It will also help you keep your belly flat because you'll be working your core a lot.

Also don't forget that weight does NOT equal fat!
Ballerinas weigh A LOT despite their petite size because they are made of mostly muscle!
And muscle weighs much more than fat does.

Keep on dancing! heart

Inigay 's Husbando

Anxious Bloodsucker

I danced six days a week for anywhere from six hours to eight hours for two months, and lost a good 20ish punds. I also went with a caloric deficit like everyone else says. It does work, and you have fun at the same time! The catch: I was playing the Just Dance games.
Yo, like everyone else said you'll lose weight and be healthier from dancing, but make sure you're focused on the important thing: having fun. There's already too much stress in the world and you won't want to dance if it becomes just another exercise. Keep it simple and dance to whatever music you want, learn whatever moves you want, and be who ever you want. Stay cool.

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Definitely what everyone said. I have been doing Just Dance songs too and I'm amazed by how many calories I'm estimated to have burned. I didn't feel all upset or beaten up after the workout and yet somehow I was still sweaty all over and breathing a lot. You totally can.

I would advise against using only food modifications to lose weight. I've done that (improving my nutrition) and it has helped lose weight... but I just look like a smaller version of my fat self! No no no, definitely exercise so you can look all toned instead of small-yet-flabby. Besides, if you're in America I can point out one very important thing that many of my foreign friends notice about coming to this country and once again upon leaving this country: Stress. more than the starch or sugar or fat or highly processed food or what have you, stress is such a bummer in this culture! It really has more of a profound effect than anyone seems to realize even with diets with comparable calorie content. And you know what helps with stress? Exercise. ESPECIALLY dancing.

I may do any old beachbody workout on my own, but when I wanna relieve a stressful week/month/year, I go out dancing with my girls and we sweat sweat sweat. So yes! Dance dance dance! And don't forget to drink water, and don't forget to get proper sleep. There's a lot to proper health but starting with a couple of basic steps and getting those nailed down may help you in the future rather than doing a complete overhaul and quitting all bad habits cold-turkey.
Yes! Dancing is great exercise. Good for building lean muscle and improving coordination! Its like an exercise for your brain as well in that way. Having to remember move sequences helps with memory and dancing is also known to have therapeutic effects. Dance on! mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff